SoA Podcast

Discussion on books, journals and articles by the Star of Azazel.
Nefastos

Re: SoA Podcast

Post by Nefastos »

I am enthustiastically interested in participating, but since my planning brain is busy elsewhere, just tell me when or if my tongue & the body it is connected to is needed, and where.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

obnoxion wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:01 pm If we assume that the first podcasts are made in Finland, I was thinking that there could be an insert on each Episodes that could be done anywhere in the world, and added on some slot on the podcast - for example, 10 - 15 minute insert in a 55 - 60 minute episodes.

I've envisioned that the podcast would be themed and researched, but otherwise freeform and discussive.
Sounds good. Not to limit the possibilities what the inserts should be, but to sketch out what it could include: discussion/presentation upon excerpts from novels or poetry, of related artwork, anything the theme would point individual creators towards. I want to hear a 10 minute ghost story somewhere in there. Should the insert be more of a monologue kind of thing to have differing rhythm to the dialogue of the other parts, or would it be better to give it freedom to become what it will for each episode?
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Smaragd wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:26 pm
obnoxion wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:01 pm If we assume that the first podcasts are made in Finland, I was thinking that there could be an insert on each Episodes that could be done anywhere in the world, and added on some slot on the podcast - for example, 10 - 15 minute insert in a 55 - 60 minute episodes.

I've envisioned that the podcast would be themed and researched, but otherwise freeform and discussive.
Sounds good. Not to limit the possibilities what the inserts should be, but to sketch out what it could include: discussion/presentation upon excerpts from novels or poetry, of related artwork, anything the theme would point individual creators towards. I want to hear a 10 minute ghost story somewhere in there. Should the insert be more of a monologue kind of thing to have differing rhythm to the dialogue of the other parts, or would it be better to give it freedom to become what it will for each episode?
I love your vision!
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

This could be great! I can also participate if anything is needed
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I personally think this may be the first and only podcast I'll listen to and enjoy, if for no other reason than finding comfort in hearing your voices on a regular basis.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Insanus wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:49 pm This could be great! I can also participate if anything is needed
Certainly!

I think it is important that we could be excited about the kind of podcast we are doing. And hopefully the excitement will be contagious.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Excellent idea!