Opinions on "A Course in Miracles" book

Discussion on literature other than by the Star of Azazel.
Seferoth

Opinions on "A Course in Miracles" book

Post by Seferoth »

This book has gotten me quite intrigued of lately. Nearly everyone says that this particular book has had a significant effect on their lives and mentality, extremely positive or extremely negative. Even the "writer" of the this book cursed it on her deathbed and said it was the worst thing in her life and called the book as "that goddamn book". Some even says that this book actually brainwashes you simply by you reading it. I bet many writers of the blackest of left hand path books wished their books had this kind of effect on their readers. Has anyone here read this one and what is your opinion on it? Might buy it for myself soon and see what it's all about.
Nefastos

Re: Opinions on "A Course in Miracles" book

Post by Nefastos »

I have the book, but have not read it, since to me it seems just like the usual run-of-the-mill New Age. Since you now picked my interest with this topic, I glanced the book anew, and yes, very New Age, with the vocabulary that is extremely Christian with some more relaxed notions of the usual Western self-empowerment.

Random excerpt:

LESSON 340

I can be free of suffering today.

1. Father, I thank You for today, and for the freedom I am certain it will bring. ²This day is holy, for today Your Son will be redeemed. ³His suffering is done. ⁴For he will hear Your Voice directing him to find Christ’s vision through forgiveness, and be free forever from all suffering. ⁵Thanks for today, my Father. ⁶I was born into this world but to achieve this day, and what it holds in joy and freedom for Your holy Son and for the world he made, which is released along with him today.

2. Be glad today! ²Be glad! ³There is no room for anything but joy and thanks today. ⁴Our Father has redeemed His Son this day. ⁵Not one of us but will be saved today. ⁶Not one who will remain in fear, and none the Father will not gather to Himself, awake in Heaven in the Heart of Love.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

2. Be glad today! ²Be glad! ³There is no room for anything but joy and thanks today. ⁴Our Father has redeemed His Son this day. ⁵Not one of us but will be saved today. ⁶Not one who will remain in fear, and none the Father will not gather to Himself, awake in Heaven in the Heart of Love.
Somehow I started to invert the message to opposite of how Father has redeemed himself and none of us will be free from fear and... :?
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Interesting fact about this book. Few people who were part of making this book were also part of CIA's MK Ultra. The main writer also was a Jewish Atheist.