Good & Bad in Conspiracy Theories

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
Soror O

Re: Good & Bad in Conspiracy Theories

Post by Soror O »

Wyrmfang wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:53 pm I personally think the a big notion of "the truth" is problematic, but there are numerous smaller things that are true. Both empirical facts and other kinds of truths. As Nefastos already pointed out, because conspiracy theories are linked to unconscious, there is sometimes vivid symbolism in them.
Maybe we define the concept of truth here in somewhat different matter, but I don't disagree on this.
Wyrmfang wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:53 pm Besides this, I don´t understand why seek aspects of truth from there where there is the most little possible amount available. I guess that could be some kind of antinomian mystical practice, but that kind of practice would be based precisely on the maximal divergence from truth, not a claim of "forbidden truth".

The thing is that I don't seek truth. To me, something (such as conspiracy theory) existing is already a proof that it is a part of the Whole and thus true. I don't occupy my mind with their claims and rationalizations, rather I (try to) sense what are they aching for and hold space for that.
Wyrmfang wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:53 pm The quantum phenomena are not necessarily spiritual in any mystical sense, they just prove that the Newtonian paradigm (which is not a paradigm of philosophical materialism but a paradigm of measuring the empirically observable nature) is insufficient.

I think that we should get rid of the term mystical. It's quite the same as 'supernatural', like anything would be "above" nature. Mystical is natural. There is no particular "fun stuff" going on, just plain existing in different forms. What's the fuss about? To one, mystic experiences can be the same kind of dopamine junkie fix as the next Netlix flick is to another.
Wyrmfang wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:53 pm And if they are spiritual (that is, not material) in some ontological sense, it is different from spiritual in the religious/mystical sense associated the existential meaningfulness of life. That is an entirely different question which links very indirectly at best to the philosophical let alone scientific questions about quantum physics.
Yes, from the narrow, human religious perspective the spirituality of the nature can be hidious - for it is somewhat unhumane.
Wyrmfang wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:53 pm What kind of person I am is actually relevant to these themes at least in one way. I would describe myself as a combination of analytical thinking and mystical/artistic experience. To fuse these is what my mission in life is basically, but I once did it too hasty, which had indirect bad practical consequences to the quality of my life. Actually this might explain to some people, why I tend to be somewhat strict in keeping rational/scientific and mystical argumentation initially separate and demanding respect to each in their own virtues.

This is interesting, thank you for sharing. As we all know, separating and conjoining are equally important functions in understanding nature/ being. I don't know if I ought to sharpen my sword, as I've become such all-encompassing moominmamma.

Around the forum has been notions about the shallow/pseudo spirituality, should we start a new thread about this subject. Admins, ahoi?
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.