Full Moon, Changing Moods and Lunacy

Astral and paranormal experiences, dreams and visions.
Soror O

Re: Full Moon, Changing Moods and Lunacy

Post by Soror O »

Nefastos wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 am Sadly relatable. The long spiralling fall into extreme frustration has basically made me Captain Fairbanks.
Don't know why, but this made me smile outloud. Captain Fairbanks has clearly evolved into a quantum mindset, but he cannot decide wheather to be particles or waves (wave-like beings truely can move through the walls). So he is "punishing the atoms" :D

But yes, relatable, thus the laugh.
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Since everyone is sharing videos, I'll share this which describes my mood quite well.

https://youtu.be/0VSRMRh8fEs
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Ave wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:52 amCaptain Fairbanks has clearly evolved into a quantum mindset, but he cannot decide wheather to be particles or waves (wave-like beings truely can move through the walls).

I'm currently reading the book onto which the film is based, and the same scene happened there later the same day. This seems to be one of those cases where the film-adaptation is better than the original book.

This particular "quantum mindset of impossible decision" seems to belong to Blatty's career as a writer. For in every one of his books there go hand in hand the fundamental problem of theodicy and this exploding humor of madness. It's like that ancient mask of extreme tragic & comedy in one. The comedy here meaning the actual joy & happiness and friendship. While most of his books are focused on the tragic side, the Ninth Configuration is focused on the trickster aspect.

I'm not sure if it ever came out in the film where the name comes from, but in the book it's explained just before this incident with punishing atoms. The psychiatrist is explaining to his patient why he believes in God:

9th_configuration.jpg
9th_configuration.jpg (511.79 KiB) Viewed 5596 times

It is no accident, by the way, that Brothers Karamazov is mentioned in relation to this impossibility of random creation. I think I have said before in our forum that I consider Blatty's whole career being like a sequel to that book (the second best novel there is, right after Master and Margarita). For him, it seems to have been like a microcosm of the challenge of the whole creation – and I wouldn't disagree.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:56 am It is no accident, by the way, that Brothers Karamazov is mentioned in relation to this impossibility of random creation.
The scientific world has been dumbfounded by the arise of ID and the CSI it is based, but I think CSI (complex specific information*) that Dembski has brought forth is a real place to start looking.

* the notion that the information contained in the cell could not rationally have "evolved" by chance or by random mutations.

'https://philos-sophia.org/mystery-visual-perception/