Challenges in the Star of Azazel's International Presence

Events, meetings and announcements.
LunaticSun

Re: Challenges in the Star of Azazel's International Presence

Post by LunaticSun »

1) the whole issue with buxom ladies is terrifying, but the 'cynical' straightforwardness is so much what I love in people, thx Nefastos!
2) Dark elves rule!
3) sorry if this post is bit useless.
4) i personally found SOA from some online russian article while trying to find local satanic club (and scavenging through pages of articles about satanism being criticised and some criminals making cults to suffice their awful selves) I wonder if you ever gave info to some russian journalists/bloggers, or if it was some copy-written material.
5) maybe the thing you seek is sharing the teaching/philosophy, but not exactly the brotherhood?
6) I thought about making another "shell" around SOA - another website that would be monitored and would let the fine folk to come here. But.... These are some finance and people expences, and also seeing some weird old forum threads with banned users here feels somewhat precious. They look like fossils and a part of this forum history. If a 'shell' be put around this site, it will basically become sterile, such things will never happen again, there will be no more inspiring chaos.
7) making a very complicated ARG seemed like a nice idea to me, but as soon as ARGs are solved there appear many videos that just reveal all the secrets n solutions, so it will lead to visitors' flood (who wont necessarily join because of similar worldview and interests, but 'hype')
8) I feel like a little cat (dark elven cat of course!) that is sleeping in a cosy blanket by a fireplace when spending my time here.
9) don't forget about "5)", i feel like this is somewhat a serious distinction to make though i am not sure.
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

LunaticSun wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:31 am 4) i personally found SOA from some online russian article while trying to find local satanic club (and scavenging through pages of articles about satanism being criticised and some criminals making cults to suffice their awful selves) I wonder if you ever gave info to some russian journalists/bloggers, or if it was some copy-written material.
You mean something like this? https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/novosti/r ... e/10434900

It's copy-written and translated into Russian from original in Finnish. I have tried doing ordinary google search in Russian and could not find anything about SoA nor in vKontakte.
I bet some Russians, especially those who are into black metal, might know about existence of SoA but I don't really know more about this topic. Mostly satanism articles are linked into blasphemy and criminality, at least it seems to be so. :D
LunaticSun

Post by LunaticSun »

Kavi wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:15 pm You mean something like this? https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/novosti/r ... e/10434900
Yes that is the one XD. And on one hand that's a product of someone's laziness and necessity to publish something to get credit, but that is still a functional advertisement, as you can see.
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

LunaticSun wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:58 pm
Kavi wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:15 pm You mean something like this? https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/novosti/r ... e/10434900
Yes that is the one XD. And on one hand that's a product of someone's laziness and necessity to publish something to get credit, but that is still a functional advertisement, as you can see.
Yes exactly. It's also a bit shortened version from original. Some of the nuances missing but I guess it works still, as you said, as functional advertisement.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

We have had some Russian members before but not anymore, so I think that the SoA presence in Russian language must really hang by the threads like you mentioned nowadays. Hopefully this will change someday.
LunaticSun wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:31 am1) the whole issue with buxom ladies is terrifying, but the 'cynical' straightforwardness is so much what I love in people, thx
Nefastos!

I guess cynicism also has its uses, then. But actually I am completely fascinated by the subject myself, so the cynicism is only seeming here. This is, by the way, a subject I have thought much in recent years: how the things like erotic glamour (or Satanism!) can, when stripped to their aesthetic basics, become either pure core or pure form, depending of the eye of the beholder. I do not consider sexual imagery base, but holy. Holiness comes, in my opinion, from the attitude of the beholder, and not from the attitude of the presentation.

LunaticSun wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:31 am2) Dark elves rule!

They do. It's hard to choose between the excellence of the Fighting Fantasy black elves (black skin & black hair) & the old D&D (black skin & white hair). Both are equally great. And because of the correctness the RPG hobby is facing nowadays (concerning all things including racial prejudices & cheesecake), all these dark-skinned evil races have once again become very Satanic.

LunaticSun wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:31 am3) sorry if this post is bit useless.

As long as most of our forum is very deep discussion about metaphysical, religious, occult, psychological & ethical things, I think it is very useful to have an odd useless post amidts all the ponderous depth every once in a while.

LunaticSun wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:31 am5) maybe the thing you seek is sharing the teaching/philosophy, but not exactly the brotherhood?

You are right. In Finland, this has been accomplished quite well, and on purpose, since nearly all of our books have been published openly for everyone interested. For example, Azazelin Avain (The Key of Azazel), which is the prayer book of the brotherhood, has been published for everyone to use as they wish, mutatis mutandis. The idea is to give a cultural impact, after all, rather than collecting members (which would be quite pointless since we do not have membership fees &c.).

Thanks for coming back to this discussion, by the way. The thing has evolved somewhat since this starting conversation. A new international lodge has been founded a few weeks ago, and will start its new kind of functioning in the first half of this year, in different social media platforms. In case someone is interested in this kind of new international lodge working, please feel welcome to be in touch with myself (nefastos-at-azazel.fi) as the guide of the new lodge, and/or sister Polyhymnia as its acolyte.

The "Azazel Radio", on the other hand, is left for the future though, since our original mastermind for that project is currently held by some very dire circumstances elsewhere.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I do hope Azazel Radio happens, for many reasons, but a main reason is I've managed to get over my inability to focus while listening to podcasts. As long as my hands are occupied, I'm good to listen and absorb info. Which I'm guessing is the main way they're used by people and I'm just incredibly slow in actualizing this radical (to me) concept.. :geek:

And yes, LunaticSun, should you want another olive branch, my e-mail is polyhymnia@azazel.fi
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Polyhymnia wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:52 pm I do hope Azazel Radio happens, for many reasons, but a main reason is I've managed to get over my inability to focus while listening to podcasts. As long as my hands are occupied, I'm good to listen and absorb info. Which I'm guessing is the main way they're used by people and I'm just incredibly slow in actualizing this radical (to me) concept.. :geek:

And yes, LunaticSun, should you want another olive branch, my e-mail is polyhymnia@azazel.fi
Wowww I did not mean to write olive branch there. It's been a long week. :D
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

I thought that offering an olive branch sounded like a very beautiful gesture... It is seen in quite relevant things:

Brotherly love in the sameness of natures
Spiritual fertility
Coming together in initiation
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

In that case, let it be so, as that is certainly in line with what I meant. I just didn't mean to imply there have been any conflict, as in the traditional sense. I'm glad you saw what this slippery mind of mine meant to convey.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Yesterday in our Red Book reading group I wrote:
Nefastos wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:45 pmin the extremely long footnote 211 (filling up the whole pages 358-359), Jung discusses the character of Phanes in a way I'll have to deal with separately a bit later; it is too interconnected with the ongoing Phanes-Salome -working in the international part of the brotherhood right now.

Footnote is about an image of "the divine child", who carries several different black and white -patterns in his (or her; the child is androgyne) bulbous clothes:

Red Book wrote:"This is the image of the divine child. It means the completion of a long path. [...] [W]ork of the next image had already begun, the one who brought the ʘ came, as ΦΙΛΗΜΩΝ
[Philemon] had predicted to me. I called him ΦΑΝΗΣ [Phanes], because he is the newly appearing God." [...] Chronos makes an egg in Aither. The egg splits in two, and Phanes, the first of the Gods, appears. [...] The Orphic meaning of Phanes is the same as that of the Indian Kâma, the God of Love, which is also a cosmogonic principle. (p.358)

Here we have some very interesting and accurate things happening also in our international lodges and "the second birth of the brotherhood" (the one outside Finland). The egg that splits into two, the Black and White part, becomes the entities for the lodges Phanes and, now, Salome, in these patterns of White engulfing Black, and Black swirling with White.

It is notable that Jung's very Azazelian (Red as the new bridge between Black and White) work used extensively the transmutating pair of Elias (Philemon) and Salome, which are Mercurian and Venereal aspects of the soul in motion. It seems that much of the work we are now doing was already "dreamed" in ovo (the same 0 that becomes split in two in its birthing) by Jung, which is extremely interesting. But as fascinating as this is, it is also very understandable, since –

Red book wrote:There are not many truths, there are only a few. Their meaning is too deep to grasp other than in symbols. (p.324)