What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Angolmois

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Angolmois »

I have stopped sharing my listening links since I moved from Youtube Premium to Spotify, which is easier, more comprehensive and better music platform than YT. But I thought to share now what I just listened, which was:

Burzum - my Journey to the Stars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAC3uw-r2AI
Satyricon: The Scorn Torrent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wer_uZ30lzc

Nice way to start a Friday evening.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

I've oddly come back to the apocalyptic themes of Electric Wizard after barely listening to them in years. Listening to their albums teached me patience in my listening habits and better recognize some of the connections between sound and aesthetics or what the sound purveyed. Witchcult Today -album, in my opinion, is almost a perfect impression of lovecraftian worlds viewed by the eyes of a motocycle club member.

Continuing on Lovecraft, I recently watched the recommendable 'Lovecraft Country' TV-show, and it had an amazing musical piece with a poem by Sonia Sanchez.

At the moment, listening to another favourite piece of spoken word music: Sunn O))) - My Wall. Appropriate Mercurial themes for today.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Smaragd wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:21 pm Continuing on Lovecraft, I recently watched the recommendable 'Lovecraft Country' TV-show, and it had an amazing musical piece with a poem by Sonia Sanchez.
I really like this show. I haven't made it to this episode yet (I think I'm on 5) but I look forward to it. I imagine it's going to be incredibly heavy to watch.

I'm listening to the new Wardruna album (excellent, as expected) and have been listening to an absurd amount of Velvet Acid Christ this week, especially Calling Ov the Dead. Lord help me I love a good sample.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wVXVcpOSc4

I don't listen to a ton of industrial, but when I do, it's usually VAC.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Polyhymnia wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:08 am have been listening to an absurd amount of Velvet Acid Christ this week, especially Calling Ov the Dead. Lord help me I love a good sample.
An old favorite. How nice that I'm not the only one. Bought that cd 25 years ago, at Spinefarm in Helsinki.
Silvaeon

Post by Silvaeon »

I've become inexplicably bored with anything in the underground lately, and am getting a lot more pleasure just listening to classics.

Especially Iron Maiden. I've always enjoyed the band, but true mania has suddenly hit at age 31. The iconic Steve Harris galloping bass, the dual Murray/Smith axe attack (triple on the more recent stuff with Gers!), Bruce Dickinson is such a powerful singer... just the coolest band. Tons of Black Sabbath, 70's Judas Priest, and Dio too. It's been good for improving my mood.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Silvaeon wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:22 pmEspecially Iron Maiden. (...) It's been good for improving my mood.

It's quite rare I reach that point where Iron Maiden works, but when it does, it really gives a boost to that part of the brain that is helped by not overthinking things. Recently I was quite proud to have a friend who has zero interest in this kind of music to get excited of Afraid To Shoot Strangers.

Right now I'm listening to Bowie's Outside. The album's like a long dream, weirdly comforting. It also works for not your basic thinking part of the brain. Different to the Maiden part though.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

For some reason Björk's been on my mind lately. Maybe because she was so famous in the 90's, that I refused to love her. I'm still averse to megastars, but now that it's been a few decades, I see how amazing she was. Maybe still is. Need to look into recent stuff too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0mRIhK9seg
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Benemal wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:44 pm For some reason Björk's been on my mind lately. Maybe because she was so famous in the 90's, that I refused to love her. I'm still averse to megastars, but now that it's been a few decades, I see how amazing she was. Maybe still is. Need to look into recent stuff too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0mRIhK9seg
I respect Björk a lot, but rarely listen to her music. There's some gems I like, but her style is too different for what I listen. Speaking about different, I didn't except anything from this band or track, but checked it out of curiosity and I've been listening this many times now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNXGux_HFjQ
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

The Finnishness is at eleven. Sounds like Kauko Röyhkä, J. Karjalainen and Eppu Normaali mixed together.