Adversaries on your Path

Astral and paranormal experiences, dreams and visions.
Tulihenki

Adversaries on your Path

Post by Tulihenki »

Within a several years I have been encountering several individual happenings within a larger scope of resistance which sometimes manages to pull me down or get side-tracked. Whole this phenomena has gotten more power as I have been delving into deeper interests of SoA philosophy and daily prayers.

Last night I saw a dream of someone hacking my Star of Azazel forum account and writing all kinds of nasty stuff towards other writers and readers here. I can't see clearly comments of that dream, but I think Nefastos was praying after my account stormed through the forum. Also somewhere in those comments were mentioned that my kids will die. I don't have kids, but a week ago my godson and his little brother was visiting few days here in my home. During them visiting I saw a dream where something in my home captured them, but in that dream I easily banished that dark creature. Not sure, but feels like I confronted the same kind of parasite creature many years ago whom I - at least think - banished with love/empathy.

Few years ago I had a depression and doctor said it was a difficult one. Indeed it was and mostly because I couldn't leave my home and I still almost every day struggle to leave as something tries to keep me here. Quite sure that I'm not living alone and if there are more nicer spirits, there is definitely something not so nice. All this struggle but anyway I feel much better than in many years so my hopes to solve this are high and spirit mostly uplifting.

I think we all face all kinds of worldly opponents wearing human masks or just simply drawn into denser blurry feelings, but have you met psychic, paranormal etc. you name it things on your path?
Polyhymnia

Re: Adversaries on your Path

Post by Polyhymnia »

Very interesting topic. I have been actively trying not to see things in an adversarial light, but I definitely have some experiences, especially in dream states, where there is a heaviness that certainly feels adversarial.
There is a person who has been in and out of my life for the last almost two decades, and his spirit and mine always inevitably clash. In dreams, in real life, during meditation. Our history is complex, but he's probably the closest I come to having an adversarial spirit in my sphere, or at least one whom I'd consider as such.
When I was heavily involved in drugs I would experience sleep paralysis almost all of the time, and this would often take form as shadow creatures sitting on my chest. One time the feeling was so strong I kicked a hole in my wall trying to escape its grasp. Once I got clean, I no longer suffered this to the extent I did. Now, maybe once ever few years. Interestingly, my son has very recently started experiencing sleep paralysis.
I don't really know what to make of such things, but it's interesting to speculate. Was that sleep paralysis in my youth just part of drug psychosis or did something attach itself to me that now affects my child? My mom suffers awful nightmares and sleep paralysis as well, and there's talk of curses on our family.
Ultimately, the skeptic in me hasn't allowed for a less critical conclusion than the following:

My experience: drug psychosis
My son's: hormones, maybe
My mom's: the belief in things like possession states and curses

However, the more I progress on my path, the more I am becoming aware of the things that cannot be explained by science. So far, it's been in the way of blessed sychronicities, mostly within my workings specific to the brotherhood. Things I could never explain by hard science. So my mind is opening to the possibility of these less than blessed (at least by feel) events being moved by spirit as well.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Polyhymnia wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:38 amVery interesting topic. I have been actively trying not to see things in an adversarial light [...]

I too try my best to always see meaningfulness in opposition, no matter how insensible or meaningless it might seem on the surface. I take it in a way that in case there are parts in me that can feel strong irritation, hatred or fear, it means that I am not whole, and those adversial spirits (in whatever form) come in order to encourage making myself better. Needless to say, this mindset is not easy to keep in every situation, where particularly stupid and/or cruel things happen in repeat. Also, it must always be thought whether the "adversial spirits" in question would actually benefit more from our fighting against them, or not.

I tend to think spirits & people in quite the same way: not because I'd think that spirits are very personal and free beings, but rather because I tend to think that neither are people. Meeting other intelligences or even residues of beings is usually kind like a puzzle with pieces missing – one can do only so much. And thus in the spotlight remains also one's own process with the "mystery antagonism" behind all human or spiritual masks, namely Satan/God. I do not mean this in a way that we should not think about other beings when in communication with them, quite the opposite, but behind that mystery of Otherness and empathy is still another mystery of Self (behind buddhi, âtma).

Tulihenki wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:27 pmQuite sure that I'm not living alone and if there are more nicer spirits, there is definitely something not so nice.

I too have met presences in houses and apartments, residues of formerly living humans forming bonds with the astral states of the occupants, I'd say. This has happened in both ways: I have known someones who had passed away, and after their passing, the atmosphere in the place has changed, and there is a sense of lingering dread or uneasiness; or, I have no idea what has happened before, but there is an evil feeling in a home of some people, and different persons tend to notice the same in different ways. Luckily, both cases are rare.

I have done quite of lot of exorcisms in my life, and the formula of Valediction is the one most used in my personal grimoire, after the Prayer to Azazel & the Celestial Hymns. One just has to make sure that there is as little fear and antagonism in oneself as possible, to make the exorcisms work. One must develop an attitude of empathy also towards the beings of the mask (demons, psychic reside of intelligences and emotional turbulence).
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Tulihenki

Post by Tulihenki »

I have not dared to do exorcism, but I have occasionally stronger tendency than normally to add my home and it's possible dwellers to prayer work thinking that no matter are they inside me or are they acting like they feels to be outside or are they even fully outside. I mean that this way I sort of put unity to pieces while hopefully at least that unifying and uplifting process is happening.

Im not the greatest fighter by brutal power and struggle so that leaves empathy.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

I think I have many human adversaries and the spirits they are possessed with, but my only real and the most dreadful adversary is myself. Also alcohol, cannabis and nicotine and their spirits - The psychic poison they represent - are my practical adversaries that I'm trying to leave behind.

There has been some trickstery gnomes in our house recently and some objects have been gone missing without a trace and rational reason. Maybe they're offended since I invited them here and now have moved elsewhere. I even forgot to give them food in Yule and I'm sure they stole some stuff in revenge, like my daughters gifts (although of one horrible present I'm only happy they took).
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Rúnatýr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:35 pmI think I have many human adversaries and the spirits they are possessed with

Even with the great ending of this sentence, I consider this thought to be very dangerous. Without making any kind of cosmological argument whether these things might be possible – what is not possible in our literally limitless universe? – to think things in this way poses a great threat both to ourselves and to others. Especially so in case we have or have had any psychic instabilities of whatever kind.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

I always try and struggle to see the adversaries in some larger divine part of the whole with its integrated and disintegrated parts. The adversary spirit have weared masks of certain persons. The masks always tend to relate to real life wounds I’ve suffered. When the thing troubling me is psychological or social, the mask is of a person who has seriously attacked me on these frontiers and the adversary spirit can work as a healers trying to clean that particular wound.

Just recently I had a surprising dream where I had to confront someone who have also done physical violence against me. This particular mask hasn’t shown its face in a long time and I thought I had dealt with this stuff quite thorougly. It may be that some bigger challenges I’m taking and some changes in my practice has revealed some ghosts from areas that have had to remain undistrubed. These changes also indicate to a change in subtler physical aspects of my constitution, and thus more physical adversaries rising is quite understandable.

It strikes me also that I think all of these adversaries are people I have not managed to deal with the stuff thoroughly enough person to person. These faces, working as the masks are almost like the leftovers and reminders of that shared wound that should be dealt also between the people. Sadly it is not always possible. What remains is trying to work on the wound and forgiveness.
Polyhymnia wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:38 am I don't really know what to make of such things, but it's interesting to speculate. Was that sleep paralysis in my youth just part of drug psychosis or did something attach itself to me that now affects my child? My mom suffers awful nightmares and sleep paralysis as well, and there's talk of curses on our family.
Ultimately, the skeptic in me hasn't allowed for a less critical conclusion than the following:

My experience: drug psychosis
I tend to think such healthily skeptic conclusions are accurate, yet that some adversary spirits are acting behind all that. Like the drug psychosis could be seen as a drug psychosis manifesting as the adversary spirit – the shadow – to inform the effect of the drug abuse. It is that unbribed spirit that will drag people to madness and beyond and be right there next to us through all of it to mirror the consequences of human freedom.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:28 pm
Rúnatýr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:35 pmI think I have many human adversaries and the spirits they are possessed with

Even with the great ending of this sentence, I consider this thought to be very dangerous.
I know it is dangerous, but I've made some powerful enemies in my life, that's for certain. Generally I try not to think about it but it does show up now and then. It all traces back to the time I radicalized politically and even before that.
Aquila

Post by Aquila »

I think the main adversary I've always experienced concentrates around the problems of seemingly separated activities of life. You have a job, a hobby, there's physical activities and there's spiritual, intellectual and creative activities, you study something and maybe believe in something and it doesn't end here. You have all the human needs to be fulfilled and it seems all of them can not be fulfilled together but each are formed around different pieces of various emotional factors. Then you just try to give as much time and effort to each of the fragmented piece of life that you can but our culture doesn't seem to give much help in this. Culture (that I grew up in) offers freedom to choose while also pressures us in being perfect individuals who can complete all the things there are to do. If you want to unite everything you often seem to be quite alone. Due to this fragmentation, it often feels like doing something is always away from something else and it's a cause of great unhappiness. Naturally there are simple answers that might be known to everyone here but to turn the words into action is always more difficult. We have to create, to form and to find the holistic ( I seem to use this word in every message nowadays, sorry for that :D ) way of life and all the mental and spiritual structures that support it by ourselves. Well, some might call it the Great Work and it's not something you just arrange on your leisure time after you come home from work or during the next weekend you have some time on your own. Instead, it's a bloody struggle every moment.

In the end this rant has not that much to do with anything else but my experience of unrealistic expectations, overdemanding individualism and the illusion that merely by doing as much as possible you would somehow progress on spiritual path. This kind of extremely demanding and unforgiving attitude seems to be among my greatest adversaries these days. I know where it goes wrong and I have all the information to remember how to act differently but the pressure and feeling of running out of time feel so real.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Aquila wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:53 pm I think the main adversary I've always experienced concentrates around the problems of seemingly separated activities of life. You have a job, a hobby, there's physical activities and there's spiritual, intellectual and creative activities, you study something and maybe believe in something and it doesn't end here. You have all the human needs to be fulfilled and it seems all of them can not be fulfilled together but each are formed around different pieces of various emotional factors. Then you just try to give as much time and effort to each of the fragmented piece of life that you can but our culture doesn't seem to give much help in this. Culture (that I grew up in) offers freedom to choose while also pressures us in being perfect individuals who can complete all the things there are to do. If you want to unite everything you often seem to be quite alone. Due to this fragmentation, it often feels like doing something is always away from something else and it's a cause of great unhappiness. Naturally there are simple answers that might be known to everyone here but to turn the words into action is always more difficult. We have to create, to form and to find the holistic ( I seem to use this word in every message nowadays, sorry for that :D ) way of life and all the mental and spiritual structures that support it by ourselves. Well, some might call it the Great Work and it's not something you just arrange on your leisure time after you come home from work or during the next weekend you have some time on your own. Instead, it's a bloody struggle every moment.

In the end this rant has not that much to do with anything else but my experience of unrealistic expectations, overdemanding individualism and the illusion that merely by doing as much as possible you would somehow progress on spiritual path. This kind of extremely demanding and unforgiving attitude seems to be among my greatest adversaries these days. I know where it goes wrong and I have all the information to remember how to act differently but the pressure and feeling of running out of time feel so real.
An incredibly real struggle. We're programmed to be productive, but that productivity is directly linked to our socio-economic output. It makes it very difficult to feel like one is doing enough. Sometimes I lay awake for too long when I should be sleeping, thinking about how I will surely drop this body before I've completed the Work I need to do, because I've been so busy just trying to complete the bare minimum for tasks in a day.
Smaragd wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:53 pm I tend to think such healthily skeptic conclusions are accurate, yet that some adversary spirits are acting behind all that. Like the drug psychosis could be seen as a drug psychosis manifesting as the adversary spirit – the shadow – to inform the effect of the drug abuse. It is that unbribed spirit that will drag people to madness and beyond and be right there next to us through all of it to mirror the consequences of human freedom.
Pretty sound theory, I feel. Interestingly, sometimes these bouts of psychosis would manifest as a literal shadow being who would follow me around.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran