Sex

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Soror O

Re: Sex

Post by Soror O »

Cerastes wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:34 pm Sometimes I tend to think that psychological knowledge may even be a hindering when it comes to real empathy because it is a way to flee from emotions.
It‘s like an occultist who knows every book on occultism but has absolutely no occult progress.
Of course that‘s not true for everyone, only for people who have the tendency to escape in intellectualism.
Escapistic intellectualism - I too have had my share of that. I had phobia of feelings but since then I have been forced to work with them - and now I esteem them as a vital part of my inner guiding mechanism.
Cerastes wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:34 pm Another possibly way to gaie somthing positive from jealousy is that it can be a good marking point for a insecurity of some sort.
For example I never was jealous in a relationship. My lack of jealousy was even called naivety from friends because I don‘t like to control anyone and I don‘t care if my partner is visiting a female friend over the weekend, for example. But I can be very jealous and envious regarding my older sister who is extremely skilled and talented in everything. So obviously there is an insecurity in my own skills I can work on.
But hardly anything is as hard to admit as ugly, greedy jealousy.
Yes, I think that envy and jealousy are easily suppressed, because they carry vulnerability within them. People avoid feeling vulnerable - which is (imo) really one of the most common reasons why relationships fail. There's no real intimacy without vulnerability.

After my divorce I realised this new-found, bitter envy that I felt, looking at the "perfect" couples all deserving each other and stuff... I let the feeling just be - although I was kind of scared of the person I was becoming. But this envy helped me to realize that the image that I projected into these certain couples was really where my truest will was uncovered. I didn't want them to un-have what they had, rather I realized that they had something that I wanted for myself. These couples reflected my longing which was so suppressed that it was easier for me to feel envy before accepting that I was still having this lovingly stupid dream of finding my ultimate match.
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.
ben Shachar

Re: Sex

Post by ben Shachar »

It is interesting the various complexes humans develop as a result of religious and societal inculcation. I once had a thought that religion itself was surely created not to reconcile mans yearning to convene with his creator but to make sex better. Prior to religious shame, one can imagine the early human asking him or herself how can this good thing be made even better? Why by imposing certain limitations on what forms of, and with whom it is acceptable to, engage in sexual activity with! This is a concept that can be built on infinitely as some new degree of shame can always be concocted. This is only a fanciful and fleeting thought I once had when contemplating what I would do if I were a pre historic man with limited avenues to experience pleasure and to limited degrees. It does bring a new appreciation to the constructs of society and its many irrational sexual stigmata. I dont condone activity that violates natural law (to not take from a person their security, sexual sanctity, dignity, life, etc) I do support the breaking of rules by convention amongst consenting adults. I also do not support any such revolutions of modern acceptance because I see this as taking the joy out of taboo by making it commonplace or acceptable. It is each individuals responsibility to ensure that the condemnation of behaviors for the sake of increasing or enhancing excitement is done responsibly and does not promote hatred or violence. The zealot becomes a purveyor of irony and little else, but irony can be appreciated almost like a fine wine and in so doing elevates it beyond the context of its application.

I am a believer that each individuals astrological identity clearly points to his or her relationship to sex throughout life. I also find the varying sexual personalities to be most easily identified and avoided/engaged by employment of the same system.