New articles published!

Discussion on books, journals and articles by the Star of Azazel.
Polyhymnia

Re: New articles published!

Post by Polyhymnia »

I would adore that! If it doesn’t mess with your schedule too much then I very much look forward to it. Thank you!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

In the article update of September we have two new translations, the first of which continues the New Path series and gives an introduction to the symbolism of the grade system of Graal lodge. The second article is more towards general occultism and deals with the trials of the neophyte.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

On Octobers article update we get to read an excerpt from Cista Mystica, a book earlier published as a part of larger publication Fosforos. On the other hand we have the third part on the Graal article series, focusing on the rhythms and periods of the structured grade paths of Graal lodge.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

November has brought us the translations of Cartazon, a study on the monoceros symbolism of the Left-Hand Path, and the 4th part of the ‘A New Path‘ article series familiarizing readers with the Graal lodge structures and work methods. The monthly article updates, the year 2020 has brought with it, was planned to continue to the end of the year, but will likely continue a bit over to the year 2021.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

On this Eve of the Winter Solstice of 2020 we celebrate the moment of celestial procession by publishing a poetic piece The Secret of Azazel on the website. The solstice is made special this year by the simultaneous Great Conjunction where the celestial bodies of Jupiter and Saturn align in the sky. From celestial to fraternal and from fraternal to individual spheres, I wish a meaningful day of celebration to all!
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

In addition to the more poetic text published on the Eve of the Winter Solstice, we have a new translation on an older, yet central text that has unfortunately remained beyond crasps of international readers. Truthfulness as a Spiritual Practice draws attention to practical aspects of one of the points of the Hieroglyphic Key - a central concept in the occult practice of the Star of Azazel.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

The wished translation article on sexuality is finally available! The dialogue on Sexuality of an Occultist brings out different factors, notions, and relations between principles and practice, an occultist will probably come to meet in one form or another when the questions of sexuality become more relevant on ones path.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Two new articles addded to the article section touching the topic of Hermeticism. The fifth part of ‘A New Path’ series opens up the definitions and meanings of Hermeticism in Graal lodge and gives one example on how a lodge could structure its Hermeticism. Under the theme of Hermeticism the second article, a translation of Johannes Nefastos’ commentary on H.P. Blavatsky’s article ‘Practical Occultism’, can be seen as a peek on how Blavatskian Theosophy seeked to prepare individuals for something reminiscent of Hermeticism.
Mars

Post by Mars »

Practical Occultism is very dear to me, since it was along with The Key to Theosophy the first theosophical texts I studied. At that point I was quite disappointed with the occult books I'd read, and theosophy was something else entirely. To my restless character these texts were very important and probably saved me from drowning in some black astral nightmares.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Mars wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:31 pm Practical Occultism is very dear to me, since it was along with The Key to Theosophy the first theosophical texts I studied. At that point I was quite disappointed with the occult books I'd read, and theosophy was something else entirely. To my restless character these texts were very important and probably saved me from drowning in some black astral nightmares.
Some of these shorter texts are indeed maybe the best ways to start approaching Theosophy. I started from the 'What is Occultism?' by Blavatsky, if that is truly what it's called in English, and it was a good start although my memories aren't clear. But then going for 'Isis Unveiled' things got very confusing. Perhaps it would have been more efficient to stay on the shorter and more clear representations for a while and to leave the more challenging and hazy stuff for later, but I don't know. It might have been also beneficial to have that young and enthusiastic heart to try and decipher the complex and old fashioned expressions of the occult to somewhat understandable whole. There's not much of the Isis Unveiled I remember and I have pretty good memory regarding my readings.