What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Polyhymnia

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Polyhymnia »

So many great tunes posted in this discussion 8-) I wasn't so much into punk when I was in my teens because I just thought it was metal played very badly, but my partner is an old street punk (now traditional skin) and I've heard enough of it over the last decade to now have some favourites, but I feel the same way about it as I do most thrash- it energizes me and pushes my adrenaline up almost immediately. Especially in the case of HC where it makes me feel a tad violent. I can't do much in the way of grindcore these days. Some days I feel really old :lol:

That Primus is classic as are those Danzig tunes. Danzig is one of those dudes whom the world seems to hate but I think 90s Danzig is super rad and I love the Danzig era Misfits.

There isn't alot of music I won't listen to. Maybe modern country. I can't stomach that stuff.

Coil's been in heavy rotation for me this week. Taking it back to the discussion of the devil and rock, my dad used to buy these crazy Christian comics for me that were warnings for teenagers who strayed off the path of righteousness. I remember one very vividly that pretty much said every famous rock and roller made a pact with Satan that resulted in fame and an early death.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

After punk I have to say I can't stand rap or hip hop, but these two songs that are close to rap music I love wholeheartedly. Especially the lyrics are great. From the latter song I think it's great that he managed to do this song and video, since he was in the grip of cancer and died three months after the making of the video.

Ameeba - Vanha Sielu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL_rjwtAK48

Edorf - Muukalainen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAP0nsGc98A
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Polyhymnia wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:42 amDanzig is one of those dudes whom the world seems to hate but I think 90s Danzig is super rad and I love the Danzig era Misfits.
Glenn Danzig seems to be a super asshole personally, but the four first albums are in my music list eternally.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Rúnatýr wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:20 pm
Polyhymnia wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:42 amDanzig is one of those dudes whom the world seems to hate but I think 90s Danzig is super rad and I love the Danzig era Misfits.
Glenn Danzig seems to be a super asshole personally, but the four first albums are in my music list eternally.
Surely we are all more than our mistakes. Or so I hope.

I feel like a child crawling in to the safety of a cupboard of soft sheets (one of my childhood hobbies), listening to this mix of elven music from the Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvtXtzKXQ-A
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Smaragd wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:37 pm
Rúnatýr wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:20 pm
Surely we are all more than our mistakes. Or so I hope.
I've felt that Danzig macho feeling in the gym while listening to Deicide and Danzig, so I know that it can rob you of your true inner power and transform into mindless muscle building and posing around everywhere. But no jugdment here, to each His own!
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

I had to listen to Lucifuge just to remind myself of the songs. I can really understand if someone wants to lift weight to this music.

I have always thought that melody in "Serpents of the Lord"-part in Snakes of Christ sounds oddly similar to many charismatic Christian worship songs I have heard in my childhood but I can't recall any songs into my mind.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Kavi wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 pmI have always thought that melody in "Serpents of the Lord"-part in Snakes of Christ sounds oddly similar to many charismatic Christian worship songs I have heard in my childhood but I can't recall any songs into my mind.
"The black Elvis" certainly has that charismatic Christian gospel spirit in most of his songs.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

There is yet a more beautiful Orthodox prayer liturgy to be found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG5gEzymh5c
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Rúnatýr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:43 pmDeicide
Their "Once Upon a Cross" was a very important album for me when I was young, and I still remember some of its lyrics by heart. It is definately on my top ten list of best death metal albums.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

obnoxion wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:22 pm
Rúnatýr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:43 pmDeicide
Their "Once Upon a Cross" was a very important album for me when I was young, and I still remember some of its lyrics by heart. It is definately on my top ten list of best death metal albums.
I was a Deicide fanatic from the first listening. I overall couldn't bear anything but black metal shrieking and raw death metal growling until I was 21, when buddhi awakened by way of catalysis of cannabis, and my mind and heart opened to another music beside Deicide, Danzig (an exception to death and black metal), Emperor, Entombed, Burzum, Arcturus etc. Of course I had had to listen all kinds of music everywhere in this world but I couldn't stand any of it. When I first heard of Deicide s/t album at Arrakis of Tunrida I fell in love into the drum work from the first second and listened it closely by the music vehicle, banging my head and trembling with my whole body.