Partners with different belief systems

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Benemal

Re: Partners with different belief systems

Post by Benemal »

Ave wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:13 pm I made a decision never to settle for nothing than a perfect union.
I made this choice also, which is why I'll always be alone, since "perfect union" is not possible, but it's also unnatural, because perfection would be living death.

Last few years I've considered looking for sex partners in those dating sites, because I've been considering ending my long celibacy. Not an actual relationship, just for health.

Other stuff you said about the "dating scene" makes it look like I'd have much better chance, than would have expected. However, I see social media as inherently evil, part of the demiurge's plan, so being a part of it would mean selling my soul. This is social media too, but just better.
Segel

Post by Segel »

Oh gee, my post is already a year old. It’s really embarrassing and distressing to even read that own post from that time, even if it’s a short time. I really don’t know what I was thinking at the time, everything changes, even that relationship what I was talking about is over. (For some reason I found myself in relationships where men are very controlling and owning, unequal partnerships, where communication does not work. A man’s word is the last word, even with threat of violence. Fault can be found in me, I'm like a slant-grown tree..)
I'm not sure about my thoughts about relationships and this related stuff right now, and I don't feel very comfortable sharing them here. What I can say is that I don’t ever want to feel like anyone’s property anymore. :!:
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Smaragd wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:41 am I'm not sure how Taurus relates to me, but I'm similar in this manner. For me it is the creative powers bursting in me in the formation of a new relationship, which often needs toning down especially in the culture of today that is so entrenched in the fear of commitment. Still I can't help but give the thoughts some space, because killing them would kill the romantic formation happening all together.
I'm beginning to wonder if it's a Leo thing too, because it's certainly this Leo. Serial monogamist over here.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Polyhymnia wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:05 am
Smaragd wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:41 am I'm not sure how Taurus relates to me, but I'm similar in this manner. For me it is the creative powers bursting in me in the formation of a new relationship, which often needs toning down especially in the culture of today that is so entrenched in the fear of commitment. Still I can't help but give the thoughts some space, because killing them would kill the romantic formation happening all together.
I'm beginning to wonder if it's a Leo thing too, because it's certainly this Leo. Serial monogamist over here. Commit hard and fast, that's my motto.
:lol:
(not really. but one would think so considering my patterns)
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Ave wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:13 pm Nor I'm thrilled for the _spiritual_ dude who has no ambitions what so ever.
Oooo THAT guy. Yeah, that guy might maybe the worst out of the ones you mentioned. My heart is with you. It certainly sounds like a frustrating place to find oneself. I used to really love getting to know people via the web, and developed some lovely connections in my younger years. I don't know if the caliber of people have changed, or if I've changed, but all of my friends who web date seem to be frustrated with their experiences.
Ave wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:13 pmI made a decision never to settle for nothing than a perfect union. (And I know that it is something that must be build within.) I have held the idea of a soulmate dear. It seems only logical that it also will be taken away from me in this path. If there's a one constant in this path it is the dissolution of all things, ideas - mental posessions. Yes, something new is "formed" from the dissoluted matter, as always.
This is very true. I'm very attached to my partner, and the idea of him passing away before me in this lifetime fills me with such dread I can hardly function sometimes. I feel this intense dread regarding many of my platonic twin flame relationships also, though.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Segel wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:25 pmOh gee, my post is already a year old. It’s really embarrassing and distressing to even read that own post from that time, even if it’s a short time.

I'm always glad & grateful when people who are not super sure about their writings summon courage & just write. It helps our readers to have many different views & mindsets in the forum, not only the certain types for whom it is natural to tell their mind in public. Diversity in discussion, differences in opinions, when at the same time holding to the common foundation in ethics & and willingness to find a point where to agree, is what SoA is about on this level.

Segel wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:25 pmWhat I can say is that I don’t ever want to feel like anyone’s property anymore. :!:

This is great to hear. I wish only the caring & loving partners for you for the rest of your life.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Polyhymnia wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:06 am
Polyhymnia wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:05 am
I'm beginning to wonder if it's a Leo thing too, because it's certainly this Leo. Serial monogamist over here. Commit hard and fast, that's my motto.
:lol:
(not really. but one would think so considering my patterns)
On my birth chart Sun is also in Leo, but I have no clue how the zodiac is put besides ones persona or temperament. The fiery animal certainly connects to the idea of creative powers bursting to form the romantic bridges through fantasies and thoughts of marriage and living together etc.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

Benemal wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:59 pm Last few years I've considered looking for sex partners in those dating sites, because I've been considering ending my long celibacy. Not an actual relationship, just for health.
Yes. Giving up sex is a high price to pay from one's conviction. The boring side here for me is that I find mediocre connection mediocre also sexually. Therefore having a sex partner isn't an option for me (for if the connection with a person is vital - the natural reponse to that would be deep involvement from my sake.) Best of luck for your quests, may the eartly garden provide its luscious fruits to you.
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.