Travelling

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
obnoxion

Re: Travelling

Post by obnoxion »

Alraune wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:14 pm
obnoxion wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:35 pm I've watched them again and again. They are just brilliant! I especially love it when he visits local shamans. The best episode must be in his Russian Tribes in 30 Days, when a female shaman lifts a curse off of him.
Amen to that. I love that particular episode. I am actually in frantic pursue of the series – with Swedish or English subtitles – as we speak. Some of the subbed seasons used to be available on SVT Play, but I never ripped them – to my current despair. I even contacted both Aito Media and the producer, but without success (distributors only). My only hope now is that SVT are able to sell the aired seasons on DVD or as digital versions. Or if someone on this forum have them downloaded with non-Finnish subs.
We have free access to all the seasons of the "30 days" 'series through Yle Areena, which is the net site for the Finnish public service broadcasting company. But there are only Finnish subtitles available, and the service isn't supposed to work outside of Finland. Here is the link, anyway: https://areena.yle.fi/1-1754557

I bought the "Russian tribes" dvd few years ago, so I can check if it has subtitles. I haven't opened it yet because, as I said, all the seasons are available free through the Smart TV. I just wanted to own that one season, because I identify so strongly to the sort of Finno-Ugric shamanic practices seen in that season. Such simplicity, such depth!
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Alraune

Post by Alraune »

obnoxion wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:35 pm We have free access to all the seasons of the "30 days" 'series through Yle Areena, which is the net site for the Finnish public service broadcasting company. But there are only Finnish subtitles available, and the service isn't supposed to work outside of Finland. Here is the link, anyway: https://areena.yle.fi/1-1754557

I bought the "Russian tribes" dvd few years ago, so I can check if it has subtitles. I haven't opened it yet because, as I said, all the seasons are available free through the Smart TV. I just wanted to own that one season, because I identify so strongly to the sort of Finno-Ugric shamanic practices seen in that season. Such simplicity, such depth!

Thank you very much. Both for the URL and that you will check for subtitles on your DVD. I appreciate it.

Yes. Ville is quite special in his approach, since he is both respectful and - on occasion - open to socio-cultural and spiritual approaches and values that would be considered archaic or even plain weird to most modern, secular westeners. He is also intellectually and professionally honest - traits which are, unfortunately, rare within his particular trade these days. I recall an episode when him and his crew shot a scene in Caucasia and one of the horse trainers presented him with extremist views. The head of the trainers expressed a wish for him not to air this individual's political rant - and he did not.
Visio ~ Vires ~ Actio
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Alraune wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:41 pm Yes. Ville is quite special in his approach, since he is both respectful and - on occasion - open to socio-cultural and spiritual approaches and values that would be considered archaic or even plain weird to most modern, secular westeners. He is also intellectually and professionally honest - traits which are, unfortunately, rare within his particular trade these days. I recall an episode when him and his crew shot a scene in Caucasia and one of the horse trainers presented him with extremist views. The head of the trainers expressed a wish for him not to air this individual's political rant - and he did not.
That is one of the fundamental things that makes the series so enjoyable - that it is done with such massive heart. It is amazing how every single person met in the series seems so beautiful and unique. That's magical in itself.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Alraune wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:41 pm Thank you very much. Both for the URL and that you will check for subtitles on your DVD. I appreciate it.
I'm sorry to say that there doesn't seem to exist these dvd's with other than Finnish subtitles in sale.. It's a shame, because I think the series has an international appeal.