Report Forum-related problems here

Events, meetings and announcements.
Aquila

Report Forum-related problems here

Post by Aquila »

As you have probably noticed we have merged our two different forums under one new forum area and there are some problems that this has caused. For example, some of the Frater/Soror/Sodalis status are wrong and there are links that lead to wrong topics or messages. Please, let us know of any problems that you find on the forums so we can fix them as soon as possible.
Benemal

IT Issues

Post by Benemal »

These are not really serious, but maybe there's connected problems.

a: Avatar pic is gone. Not really a problem, I'll just find another, but why did this happen again?

b: Can't change my email in profile. It just rejects password. Not really a problem, people who need to know my email, know it, or can ask in pm.
Smaragd

Re: IT Issues

Post by Smaragd »

Benemal wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:12 pm a: Avatar pic is gone. Not really a problem, I'll just find another, but why did this happen again?
It appears to me normally. Perhaps there was some momentary problem with the connection. No big changed has taken place that should affect it, but I'll keep this in mind if more problems appear.
Benemal wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:12 pm b: Can't change my email in profile. It just rejects password. Not really a problem, people who need to know my email, know it, or can ask in pm.
Sometimes when we type the password wrong too many times the system asks another question to make sure you are not a bot trying to quess passwords. It is sometimes hard to notice the question is being asked because the layout of the forum and there is no bright red blinking notifications of this. Still, I'm not sure if this was the case here. I can change it for you, assuming you want to use the email we've been in contact through in past working on UFIII. Please notify me if it is some other email you would like to use here.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Benemal

Re: Report Forum-related problems here

Post by Benemal »

Now avatar pic is displayed. Don't know why it wasn't the last time I was logged on the forum. A few times in the past it has just disappered, and I thought that had happened again.

In my profile, which I had not looked at in a long time, was my old email. Was going to change it, and password was not accepted. Don't know why. Just said invalid. I don't know why the forum asks email password at all. Maybe not important, since people can just pm.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Benemal wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:06 am In my profile, which I had not looked at in a long time, was my old email. Was going to change it, and password was not accepted. Don't know why. Just said invalid. I don't know why the forum asks email password at all. Maybe not important, since people can just pm.
Ah! Did you try writing the password of your forum account? It shouldn't ask the email password ever, but rather confirm you have the forum account's password in order someone tries to hijack an account and changing their own email to the account.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Smaragd wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:48 am Ah! Did you try writing the password of your forum account?
So both my issues were imaginary. Thanks anyway.