Introductions

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Heith

Re: Introductions

Post by Heith »

Welcome! Would you like to reveal where you are from?
RPSTOVAL

Post by RPSTOVAL »

obnoxion wrote:
RPSTOVAL wrote: I may be considered a Anton Wilson fan in other circles, which would make up a representation of my humor, unassuaged of healthy skepticism :P
I still am a huge fan of the first book of the Cosmic Trigger trilogy.

It's a great book!

(as is 'Prometheus Rising', 'Coincidance' and 'The Book of The Breast"). He's a great speaker as well, his lectures are both very informative and entertaining :D
Chief adviser and magister templi at the Golden Apple Corps
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Thanks for adding me.

I’m not a member of your brotherhood neither am I a member of any other organization, party, family bond or group. I kept my spiritual path in private for over a decade now. But somehow lately I feel the urge to discuss it with others. Not because of loneliness but to avoid intellectual and spiritual isolation and to keep an open mind.
I don’t know how to accurately name my belief. Maybe it is a radical but non-aggressive form of spiritual Satanism.
The philosophy behind the SoA is one of the reasons why I chose this forum. It seems to be much deeper than what is usually called to be Satanism and it is not just about primitiv, egocentric self-worship.
-
Oh, by the way.
I’m female, born in 1986 and my color is the deepest red possible.

Hopefully we will have some interesting discussion here.
Have a nice and sunny weekend enveryone.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

You are most welcome to our Forum, Red Bird!
Welcome to all the other new folks, too!
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Heith

Post by Heith »

A warm welcome, fellow soul of deepest red!

It's nice that also people who are not members of the fraternity find our forums to be a place where they are able to join and to hopefully, find something meaningful to read and to discuss. I look forward to reading more from you.
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Thank you for welcoming me.
I like the polite and thoughtful way people exchange their knowlegde here. This is a very rare thing so you should keep this place alive.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
Heith

Post by Heith »

Red Bird wrote:Thank you for welcoming me.
I like the polite and thoughtful way people exchange their knowlegde here. This is a very rare thing so you should keep this place alive.
Agreed, it's a rare thing, especially on online communities where often behaving badly is tolerated, even at times encouraged. I guess our conversations are slightly too bizarre to attract trolls, and we are perhaps too marginal to appeal to the generic occult audience. I'm not sure if it's so easy to come across our forums by accident. If you don't mind me asking, how did you come to find our forums?

Admittedly the English language SoA forum is more quiet than our Finnish language equivalent, but I always feel like if I've to choose with my time I rather contribute here and keep up my language skills. It's interesting to have people from different cultures and far away countries come together to converse here. The more variety we have in thoughts, practices, interests and the like, the more it's possible to learn and to seek mutual contact points. And simply the suggestions for books etc can be really helpful. Personally I've to say that I've leaned a awful lot during my time here, so thanks to all our contributors!
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Heith wrote:
Red Bird wrote:Thank you for welcoming me.
Agreed, it's a rare thing, especially on online communities where often behaving badly is tolerated, even at times encouraged. I guess our conversations are slightly too bizarre to attract trolls, and we are perhaps too marginal to appeal to the generic occult audience. I'm not sure if it's so easy to come across our forums by accident. If you don't mind me asking, how did you come to find our forums?

Admittedly the English language SoA forum is more quiet than our Finnish language equivalent, but I always feel like if I've to choose with my time I rather contribute here and keep up my language skills. It's interesting to have people from different cultures and far away countries come together to converse here. The more variety we have in thoughts, practices, interests and the like, the more it's possible to learn and to seek mutual contact points. And simply the suggestions for books etc can be really helpful. Personally I've to say that I've leaned a awful lot during my time here, so thanks to all our contributors!
I found this page because I read "Fosforos" and "the Catechism of Lucifer". Since Azazel always played a big role in my work I was curious about this.
But you are right, it is hard to find this page by accident. Maybe that's a good thing. I'd rather get only one thoughtful answers to a question than reading 100 pages of nonesense. Quality goes before quantity.
So far I never started a discussion on a occultist or satanist forum. Just because people seem to be unable to dicsuss on the internet without argumentum ad hominem.
PS:
My English skills are not pefect either. This is just my limited business English. If anyone finds mistakes or does not understand my post feel free to tell me.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Hello, everyone! I've made a few posts already, but I think it's time for a proper introduction.

I was born in '86, was born in Thailand but have lived in Canada for most of my life, and feel drawn to red, black, and the sun. My star sign is Leo. I'm a musician, and dabble in experimental noise, art, and photography. My occult history has dealt mostly with Hermeticism in connection to the Golden Dawn, but my practice has been exclusively solitary. I practice a form of natural magic in my day to day life that is very much dependent on my connection to the elements. Spirit, to me, is the most important aspect of the self, and my goal is live each day on this earth full of love and being in a constant state of learning and transcendence.
I found the SoA by what feels like a divine pull, and I feel this is where I will see exponential spiritual growth. The last few years I have yearned for fellowship, and I'm delighted to have found the SoA. In my short time here I have seen nothing but respect, love, and deep intellectual sharing and connectedness. I look forward to connecting with you all.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Heith

Post by Heith »

Hello and welcome on the forums! I've been noticing you're really active, but have been too preoccupied to partake on conversation. Will try and remedy that soon!

Nice that you're finding our forums friendly and easy to approach.