Changed user names

Events, meetings and announcements.
Nefastos

Changed user names

Post by Nefastos »

Since the user names are sometimes changed but the older ones will be left visible e.g. in quotations, for clarity's sake it might be useful to keep track of those changes. If you want to change your name, just send e-mail or private message to admin.

And remember, brotherhood names must be have gone through with the Serpent aspect guide to be "official". But for most matters, there's not much need for the name to be thus validated: a forum name can be just a nick.

Names changed:

Alocer --> Noesis --> Sebomai
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Otava

Re: Changed user names

Post by Otava »

Quiet here. Well, I guess this is the right topic.

Anthony is dead.

It did took a while and I'm glad it did. Name was found surprisingly close as I really enjoy watching stars & especially Otava asterism. Otava is part of Ursa Major constellation.

At first I thought that Otava might be too grandiloquent & huge name. So I started to think about the stars that create Otava or are around it.

Mizar and Alcor are two stars forming a naked eye double star in the handle of the Otava (Big Dipper or Plough) asterism. According to finnish wikipedia Alcor the "eye test -star" is called left assistant or left helper in chinese esoteria & Mizar B is the right helper. Plenty of symbolism available! I was about to be Alcor and the backup plan was that if I **ck up everything I can be nicknamed as Alkkis (alcoholic). Mizar didn't sound quite right for me. So Otava. There's a challenge, positivity, & huge influence for me. No backups. Die or die trying or try dying.

And what comes to rituals or "rituals", I havent's been very intrested until now. At first I was planning to do a meditation practise as a 'name activating ritual' starting before sunset watching Otava slowly fading away and then I'll come back to see a sundown and Otava appearing again. But this wasn't possible because of the weather: Otava hasn't been visible for days and I didn't want to wait anymore.

The name choosing ritual was a meditation session at the nearby lookout before sunset. I figured that at this time the view looks like some scene from Lords of the Rings. Well a bit at least, haha.

So during "ritual" I saw the forest below as a battle groud what suited pretty good as I know that in the daytime you can hear traffic noises coming from the left. It's quiet but you know what it is. Most parts of these forests are protected but I don't think I need to explain what the battles below were about.

Rest of thoughts are between me & me.
Heith

Post by Heith »

Frater Otava, I can't even describe how happy I am that you decided to choose this name as your fraternity name. I find that it beautifully resonates with you, and the name holds especially positive and promising energies. The connection to nature, so important to you, is also present in a shall we say, natural way.

Congratulations on your fraternity name! May it lead you all the way to the stars!
Vanadís

Post by Vanadís »

Otava is very beautiful and magical name! Congratulations brother :)

In Ancient Egypt was believed that the High Seat of Set was behind the stars of Otava (Big Dipper). Set is the one name of the god(s) who brought the flame of self-consciousness to mankind.
In Finland Otava is related to bears (our heavenly ancestors) too.
Vanadís

Post by Vanadís »

crow -> einheri