Pokemon

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Heith

Pokemon

Post by Heith »

Ok. So this is pretty different from what we usually talk about but I thought it might be fun. I am also deeply bitter that I am forever unable to play Pokemon Go, and everyone else is having fun running in the rain, so...!

What's your favourite pokemon?

I've many fond memories of playing pokemon when it first came out. As I didn't have a gameboy, my friend helped to install an emulator on my computer, but it was somehow out of pace which caused it to run on a very high speed. I could walk at the bicycle speed, and when I got the bicycle it was too fast to drive and I kept crashing against walls and hedges. And the music was rather hectic as well as that too was sped-up.

My first pokemon was a bulbasaur. We had a good run together, crushing my enemies with his cracking vine whip. Apart from bulbasaur, I was mostly fascinated by the psychic style pokemons, such as Abra or Mr. Mime. The latter I liked simply because he was so strange. Pikachu I never liked.
obnoxion

Re: Pokemon

Post by obnoxion »

I once let myself be thaught how to play with Pokemon cards. Soon I realized I was in a situation where a dozen or so kids wanted to play, and I was the only adult present who knew how. Haven't been much into the Pokemon scene since... Anyway, my favourite Pokemon is Meowth because it can talk.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

I was never into pokemon, really, but I remember it was a big thing with my younger sister. Didn't put much thought into it back then, until later I realised that the card game bases on an old school turn based rpg, so it started to make sense to me. I didn't, however, become a huge fan, but started to understand why someone would be.

I don't know many characters, but I remember a few by name. Couldn't say I have a favorite, but Psyduck is sort of cute. Also, he (or she?) just stands there and does nothing. Quite relatable then.. :D
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Invitus

Post by Invitus »

I've found a addiction with this new game... Brings back memories.
My favourites are the ghost and fire types :)
"And so he who looks down at his feet will not know the truth, but he who discerns by the sun which way to go." -Tolstoi
Heith

Post by Heith »

Invitus wrote:I've found a addiction with this new game... Brings back memories.
You've Pokemon Go? Does it work basically like google maps, so that it shows realistically all the streets -and does it work outside cities as well?
E.Velestie

Post by E.Velestie »

My favorite pokemon was Magikarp 'cause it seemed useless but turned to Gyarados when evolving.
I played red/blue and gold/silver games a lot when I was youngster but don't know basicly anything what has happened after them in pokemon-field :)
☩ Ho Ophis Ho Archaios ☩
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

Heith wrote:
Invitus wrote:I've found a addiction with this new game... Brings back memories.
You've Pokemon Go? Does it work basically like google maps, so that it shows realistically all the streets -and does it work outside cities as well?
My sister has the game, and it seems to work fine, atleast in cities. Not sure about outside areas, but it uses the realistic map, yes..
-Hegel
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

E.Velestie wrote:...don't know basicly anything what has happened after them in pokemon-field :)
I didn't even know there was a pokemon field, until I was introduced to Super smash bros on Gamecube and Wii. ;)
-Hegel
E.Velestie

Post by E.Velestie »

RaktaZoci wrote:
E.Velestie wrote:...don't know basicly anything what has happened after them in pokemon-field :)
I didn't even know there was a pokemon field, until I was introduced to Super smash bros on Gamecube and Wii. ;)
Well have to admit that when some time ago my step-daughter wanted watch new episodes of pokemon cartoon my first thoughts was " wait a minute - what is this?"
Didn't know that they have designed so much more new pokemons.

Same with Turtles. Kiddo want allways play as girl ninja-turtle ofcourse and for some time I just thought that this "Venus" character was her own invention until I recently watched Turtles serie, produced in '98 from Netflix and figured out that there really has been a girl ninja-turtle called Venus :D
Ah, I'm slowly becoming old and ankward man.
☩ Ho Ophis Ho Archaios ☩
Jiva

Post by Jiva »

E.Velestie wrote:My favorite pokemon was Magikarp 'cause it seemed useless but turned to Gyarados when evolving.
I liked Seaking for this same reason. It's also a great song by Hawkwind. I can just picture a totally Spinal Tap music video about Seaking's awesome badness every time I hear this song. Squirtle was a second favourite just because of his name - squirrel turtle - which was a concept I found (and still find) hilarious for some reason.

The last Pokemon I played was red/blue when I was 10 or so. It was my birthday and I got a Gameboy and some sort of connector so I could trade Pokemon. Me and about 10 of my friends repeatedly started the game with all the three different starter Pokemon so we could have them all rather than have to make the agonising choice. I don't feel particularly tempted by Pokemon Go but I suppose if I get bored I might try it. In the Smash Brothers games Pikachu was my favourite, just because after a few beers his lightning bolt attack was like an instant win button.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'