Thoughts on Orthodox Christianity and my tampering with it.

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
Sebomai

Thoughts on Orthodox Christianity and my tampering with it.

Post by Sebomai »

Beware, Sebomai has returned from the frosty wilderness to amuse you all with his silly ideas! :)

So, I thought I would let you all know what my current labor of love in esotericism is. I'm messing around with Orthodox Christianity and fra. Nefastos's work in Fosforos and the Catechsim to essentially create my own Church of Orthodox Lucifer-Christos-ism. Aren't I a funny little man? :D

As many of you may know, some time ago, a year I would say, I first began my explorations into Orthodoxy in earnest. I've always been drawn in by the icons and the beauty of their liturgy, though I've only seen that liturgy from afar and never in person. Also, their intense mysticism, where they bypass the ridiculous borderline "Magick" stuff of Roman Catholicism for an attempt to directly experience divinity to the degree a human being can; that speaks to me.

Again, many of you may know I rewrote the Nicene Creed to fit in more with what I had personally taken from Fosforos. I tentatively called it the Sebomaian Creed, not out of pride or ego, but simply because I had no clue what else to call it and because it was a creed for a religion of, thus far, one single dude!

Well, that work has progressed. As part of my daily practice of saying the Hymns in Fosforos as well as the Creed and "Our Master" in the Catechism, I've been doing all the standard prayers and Bible readings of a lay Orthodox believer, the morning and evening prayers they are all supposed to be saying with their readings for the day from their lectionary.

This is the prayer structure, basically the same for morning and evening:

1. The Trisagion prayers, same both morning and evening. I've entirely rewritten those.
2. The Trisagion also includes an Our Father, and I've rewritten that instead of just copping Fra. Nefastos's version. Also morning and evening.
3. A prayer for morning and evening that are different at those times, and both times I've rewritten.
4. The Nicene Creed, for which I substitute my "Sebomaian Creed."
5. The praying of different Psalms for each day and the time of day.
6. Gospel or Epistle reading for the day from the lectionary. Could be left out of one or the other, but due to another part of my project that I need to really *know* what I'm reading, I read the same passage both times.
7. Intercessory prayers. Taking the lead from Nefastos that it is foolishness to pray to intercede in the universe as described in Fosforos, I substitute for all the intercessions, I pray that all Karmic "heaps" be expended as quickly as can be so all beings may see the Divine Unity unobscured and themselves as part of it. I ask for no changes to anything that would divert the destiny a being's spirit has chosen for itself.
8. Morning beginning of day prayer and evening ending of day prayer. Rewrote these, of course.
9. Only evening, short prayer just before bed, rewritten.
10. Benediction, same at both times. Rewritten.

Frithjof Schuon wrote that Christianity, by virtue of parables and mysteries unrevealed to catechumens until they were accepted as full faithful by the church, is inherently an Initiatic and esoteric religion and that familiarity and distortion is the only reason that knowledge of all the inner workings of the Biblical "Secrets," is why it all seems so bland and exoterically dogmatic to many of us. In this spirit, each Psalm and Bible reading I do, I comment on in my notebook, again in line with what I have learned from Fosforos, to add back a layer of esotericism that has been stripped away and, also, to give an alternative to the other varieties of esoteric Christianity already extant. One more personal to me and maybe more the truth I require in this particular lifetime.

Anyone interested in asking about more info or commenting on this, please respond here or message me! I would love to both share and hear the thoughts of others. :)

It took a hard time in my life to realize that my path is not the path of the Magus but the monk or priest. A mystical path of devotion rather than a magickal path of power. I'm okay with this, finally. I seek peace and a vision of the Absolute in this lifetime, true Union with the source of Unity. <3 to all seekers.
Insanus

Re: Thoughts on Orthodox Christianity and my tampering with

Post by Insanus »

I can't think of anything clever or constructive to say, but I love this!
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Sebomai

Post by Sebomai »

Thank you, friend!
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Sebomai wrote:Aren't I a funny little man?
Yes.
Sebomai

Post by Sebomai »

Hah! I guess I asked for that! This is a very important and meaningful project for me. It is a fair bit of work but it is work I love doing. :)
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Sebomai wrote:Hah! I guess I asked for that!
I always joke about everything. It doesn't mean I think you're idea is bad, though I didn't actually understand it anyway.
Sebomai

Post by Sebomai »

I joke about everything also. :) I took no offense. You've always been a good guy to me. :)
Tubalo

Re: Thoughts on Orthodox Christianity and my tampering with it.

Post by Tubalo »

4. The Nicene Creed, for which I substitute my "Sebomaian Creed."
I'd love to read it.