Bands and Artists with Luciferian influences

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Soth317

Re: Bands and Artists with Luciferian influences

Post by Soth317 »

Jiva wrote:
Soth317 wrote:Hetroertzen - Ardetha. This is true luciferianism in it's audial form! "This world is our cross but the serpent is our Krist."
Hetroertzen are probably my favourite black metal band at the moment, both in terms of music and lyrics. Without derailing the thread too much, did you by any chance pick up the Lvxcælis - Slaughtering of the Lamb demo? It sounds like it has the guy from Hetroertzen singing on some tracks, but totally in tune, as opposed to the very loose way he 'sings' in Hetroertzen.
Yes, that LvxCaelis tape is awesome. Looking forward to the full album.
Mimesis

Post by Mimesis »

Soth317 wrote:It's time to add my 50 pennies to this...

Hetroertzen - Ardetha. This is true luciferianism in it's audial form! "This world is our cross but the serpent is our Krist."

Dodsengel - Lucifer Ascendant. Another example for great luciferian metal music. All their records are recommended to you.
If you have not done so already, which I would assume you have considering that 'Ardetha' is part of the release, you should experience 'Capax Infiniti', which is a split release between Hetroertzen and Dodsengel. It is phenomenal.

I could not agree more with the Luciferian potency of Hetroertzen.
"We are such stuff. As dreams are made on, and our little life. Is rounded with a sleep."
Mimesis

Post by Mimesis »

Whilst I would not class the following as Luciferian, it is certainly relevant and wanted to share it nonetheless.

My appreciation of it came as a total surprise to me, following a conversation I recently had with a friend and the relation that he made between some of what we were discussing and the words to this piece of music.
It is the song 'Lateralus' by Tool, who are a band from a genre that I very rarely have any appreciation of, but this song, particularly the words, have struck resonance with me and spoken of things that I would interpret in relation to aspects of Theosophical Satanism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epkG-xSYaHA

"Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see there is so much more
and beckons me to look through to these infinite possibilities.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving all these opportunities behind.

Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in.
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out.
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going...."
"We are such stuff. As dreams are made on, and our little life. Is rounded with a sleep."
Jiva

Post by Jiva »

JR/O wrote:Whilst I would not class the following as Luciferian, it is certainly relevant and wanted to share it nonetheless.

My appreciation of it came as a total surprise to me, following a conversation I recently had with a friend and the relation that he made between some of what we were discussing and the words to this piece of music.
It is the song 'Lateralus' by Tool, who are a band from a genre that I very rarely have any appreciation of, but this song, particularly the words, have struck resonance with me and spoken of things that I would interpret in relation to aspects of Theosophical Satanism.
Yeah, I've liberally interpreted "Luciferian" to mean something roughly pertaining to LHP philosophy that isn't (Anti-Cosmic) Black Metal.

And you are right about Tool. I'd probably never have associated them with anything like this, probably because I grew up listening to them, never really understood their lyrics and so just tuned them out and listened to the music. I actually had a similar experience lately when I re-read some of Emperor's lyrics which I thought were nonsense when I was a child, but obviously don't now :).

And on that note, some songs from me that also focus on the lyrics...

The Church – Aura: Eighties Goth-Pop with a hint of Prog Rock. Quite strange, but really relaxing. Patrick Bateman would probably approve, commercial but experimental etc. :P.

Ladytron – Ninety Degrees: Dream-Pop with a hint of Shoegaze. Effortlessly epic.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
Mimesis

Post by Mimesis »

Jiva wrote:
And you are right about Tool. I'd probably never have associated them with anything like this, probably because I grew up listening to them, never really understood their lyrics and so just tuned them out and listened to the music. I actually had a similar experience lately when I re-read some of Emperor's lyrics which I thought were nonsense when I was a child, but obviously don't now :).

And on that note, some songs from me that also focus on the lyrics...

The Church – Aura: Eighties Goth-Pop with a hint of Prog Rock. Quite strange, but really relaxing. Patrick Bateman would probably approve, commercial but experimental etc. :P.

Ladytron – Ninety Degrees: Dream-Pop with a hint of Shoegaze. Effortlessly epic.
I had a very similar experience, in that I listened to Tool blindly (among many other artists whom I have since realised had a profound meaning) as a teenager, and have since returned to them with a greater understanding and interpretation of that which their music expresses and at the least explores.

Thank you for your further recommendations; I will be sure to experience them.
Jiva

Post by Jiva »

The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble – Mists of Krakatoa: They remind me of a more mellow, female Scott Walker.
Roky Erickson – I Am (In Satan's All-Perfect Love): I've already mentioned him in the thread before, but I think some here will enjoy this song.
Rose Kemp – The Unholy: Wailing just-about-Doom Metal song. To me there is always an association with 1970s Folk Rock with Rose Kemp, but then she's the daughter of a couple who had chart hits in the 1970s with various Folk Rock hits so this might be me looking for what I expect :P.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Just found a new favorite - "Secrets of the Moon".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThDdGrmcU1c

If there are any Les chants de Maldoror fans out there, you know what I mean.
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Jiva

Post by Jiva »

This is very obvious in a way, but related to that 'I thought Emperor's lyrics were nonsense' comment...

I’m especially interested in IX Equilibrium, which always hinted a hidden message. “IX”, as well as meaning the “nine” of Nonus Aequilibrium, also represents Jesus Christ in the Greek alphabet, i.e. the IX Monogram. I suppose this isn’t so surprising as the song contains a lot of Christian references.

Perhaps less obviously though, I guess the “E” of “Icon E” references Plutarch’s On the E at Delphi and the letter Epsilon’s identification with the sun and Apollo. I find this interesting in reference to the IX Monogram because “Yeshua” was seemingly translated into Greek as “Jesus” specifically to calculate to 888, an identical number to the value of “Olen”, the supposed founder of the cult of Apollo. Whether it’s the actual source (pun intended :P) or not, I think it’s a nice symbolism, not just because the sun is mentioned in the lyrics, but also because it occurs before An Elegy of Icarus.

Basically, as Emperor got me into black metal, I’m just being a huge fanboy :P.