Banishing rituals

Rituals, spells, prayer, meditation and magical acts.
FrequencyDX

Banishing rituals

Post by FrequencyDX »

Since I'm new to this forum, I thought i'd make my first post about something that's been swimming around my head for the last few days.

Basically as my occult background is heavily rooted in thelema and the GD, I have found alot of merit in a "banishing ritual" of sorts in order to settle down into a mindful state for devotion, ceremonial magick, etc. In the past i'd have used to lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram, which leads me to my present point;

Is there any such ritual within the Star of Azazel, or have any members of this forum found benefit in a ritual in order to settle the mind before practice? Discuss.

D
Nefastos

Re: Banishing rituals

Post by Nefastos »

In Legifer & Clavis Magica (Fosforos' book VI), there are some prayers/spells to be used in that way.

Prayer to Azazel is often used prior to Hymns, meditation, or other practices. (p.188)

The Garment of Seven Blessings is similar, with a different focus (to stabilize the constitution already purified). It's mostly used in the times of preparing to some magical work, but can be used at any time when seeking special solidity & steadfast inspiration in the work. (p.202)

The Golden Girdle is a spell of banisment and of guarding, used to fortify the circle (both inner & outer locus), especially before conjuring or similar working. (p.203)
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

This also should be useful, although the use is mostly different from that of the Pentagram ritual:
Fosforos (Legifer & Clavis Magica, p.209) wrote:Valedictio
(or, the Command of Departure)

[Spirit], I thank you that you have heard my calling and approached us. Now, my many thanks with you, you are free to go: return to your freedom and into that current out of which you were drawn by my will. May the waters turn to their channels. Let there be no wrath but peace between us, the servants of the one and only God. I thank you; go. Leay yli ziarite zelohave et negoramy zien latebm dama mecha ra meti ozira. Ite in pace a loca vostra et pax inter vos, redituri ad me quum vos invocavero, in nomine Patris, & Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen, Amen, Ameth.

When the time chosen for the calling has passed, the Command of Departure is read irrespective of how the spirits have answered. The wording of the beginning can be changed depending whether one or more spirits have been summoned, or if it is used to banish spirits that the magician has not conjured: the names of distinct spirits can be dropped, if the banishment is of a common kind.

It is possible that the Command of Departure as well as conjurations have to be repeated more than once before the will of the spirit (i.e. its own tension) will be overcome. If the banishment seems not to be working and the presence of the spirits can be felt strongly for a long time, the Command of Departure is to be strengthened with other prayers including The Garment of Seven Blessings.

When the spirits have departed, the magical circle is destroyed by wiping away the names written into it, if they are not painted or carved as permanent. The fires are put out, and if he wishes the student can present, for example, The Prayer to Azazel as a giving of thanks. The prayer can focus his attention on the Hieroglyphic Key (i.e. the opposing triangles separated by the cross that help to return harmony to the energies belonging to different circles separated from each other after the ritual).
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

FrequencyDX wrote: Is there any such ritual within the Star of Azazel, or have any members of this forum found benefit in a ritual in order to settle the mind before practice? Discuss.
I have used the Prayer of Azazel with banishing ritual. Sometimes I use just the Prayer of Azazel and sometimes just banishing ritual.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
WolfDisciple

Post by WolfDisciple »

I apologise for not properly introducing myself, I shall get to this soon. However, this is most definitely a question that has become very relevant lately, should I perform the Valedictio from Fosforos after performing the Celestial Hymns?
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

WolfDisciple wrote:However, this is most definitely a question that has become very relevant lately, should I perform the Valedictio from Fosforos after performing the Celestial Hymns?

It shouldn't be needed, since the Celestial Hymns aim not to raise such entities which could create a chaotic or harmful impact. If problems rise using these, one can of course use Valedictio without problem, but more likely the situation will demand some re-thinking (mortification) of personal associations which are triggered by the Hymns.
WolfDisciple

Post by WolfDisciple »

Nefastos wrote:It shouldn't be needed, since the Celestial Hymns aim not to raise such entities which could create a chaotic or harmful impact. If problems rise using these, one can of course use Valedictio without problem, but more likely the situation will demand some re-thinking (mortification) of personal associations which are triggered by the Hymns.
I believe this is probably the case, as I have come to know my own setbacks better lately since performing them. I like to look at it as good that I know this, though, as it is an indication that there is still plenty of Work to be done.

Thank you for clearing this up for me.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

WolfDisciple wrote:there is still plenty of Work to be done.

Which also means that there is much to be gained, since such problems are forces seeking their focus in a process of being changed into powers. It was difficult for me too to wrestle with the mind's associations in order to clear the chaotic & negative impulses out of the prayer work; but it can be done. Luck be with you in your Work!
swordofapostasy

Post by swordofapostasy »

I use first the Magister Noster from the CoF followed by the Prayer to Azazel before each of my nightly meditations, it puts me in the right frame of mind for pretty much any ritual work.
WolfDisciple

Post by WolfDisciple »

Nefastos wrote:Which also means that there is much to be gained, since such problems are forces seeking their focus in a process of being changed into powers. It was difficult for me too to wrestle with the mind's associations in order to clear the chaotic & negative impulses out of the prayer work; but it can be done. Luck be with you in your Work!
I admire your honesty with your own personal struggles, thank you. Luck be with you too!