Drugs

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Benemal

Re: Drugs

Post by Benemal »

If you want to try something relaxing and natural, try chamomille and valerian. They're not potent, but they do work and there's no unexpected altered perception (unless you need to be relaxed to perceive something).
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Benemal wrote:If you want to try something relaxing and natural, try chamomille and valerian. They're not potent, but they do work and there's no unexpected altered perception (unless you need to be relaxed to perceive something).

Thanks for the tip! I have no experience from chamomille, but I have tried valerian. The first time I took it, the result was a blissful state of relaxation. After that the result has every time been nil; no effect whatsoever. My friend, on the other hand, can't use it at all, because she says she will be knocked out of her senses even the next day. The human (al-)chemistry is so extremely subtle & full of personal nuances.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Heith

Post by Heith »

Nefastos wrote:
Thanks for the tip! I have no experience from chamomille, but I have tried valerian. The first time I took it, the result was a blissful state of relaxation. After that the result has every time been nil; no effect whatsoever. My friend, on the other hand, can't use it at all, because she says she will be knocked out of her senses even the next day. The human (al-)chemistry is so extremely subtle & full of personal nuances.
I sometimes suffer from insomnia that is often stress- related. I've been taking some pills with tryptophan, magnesium and vitamin B6 so mostly amino acids. I just refer to them as "owl pills" because there is a picture of a sleepy owl on the package. They've worked well for me, but the problem is that one has to eat them for a few days before they start to be effective. Haven't needed them since I moved away from the city.

Chamomile for me is nil, it's too mild I guess. Valerian doesn't work either. Smudge salvia on the other hand, is extremely effective. Problem is it smells a little sketchy and people often mistake it for cannabis so I have explaining to do from time to time.

Best stress relief for me is the company of dogs and staying out of cities. Highly recommended! :D Green tea is pretty helpful as well but it may simply be that I am addicted to it and get antsy if I have no access to tea!
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

I guess I'm lucky that chamomille works for me. It works always and there's no buildup of tolerance. I've never heard of smudge salvia. That seems interesting. It doesn't matter if it smells like cannabis, since I smoke weed at home anyway and nobody ever said anything and if they do, then I can say I've been using this stuff salvia.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Heith wrote:Best stress relief for me is the company of dogs and staying out of cities. Highly recommended!

Yeah, here we come to the most important point. In my life too I feel that the first option should always be to look where the problem is, & to fix it. Things which help to the effects but leave the cause alone can more easily hinder than help the overall process, unless it's a carefully chosen temporal thing - like using painkillers to help the body deal with some infection, if not using it leaves the body in so painful a condition that it's not able to begin the healing process.

That's why I keep pushing to future the use of all the stronger materials. (I consider cannabis a strong material. It's a sacred herb to Shiva!) The real answer would be to learn so subtly precise form of juggling of the different energies & a (quite necessarily) great amount of different work projects, in a careful way that they would be no longer burdening my nervous system overmuch. To find that narrow golden path where one works in optimal efficiency, but never tries to do too much, or too quickly, but the nerves would learn to remain calm in every situation. The last seven year period under Jupiter has given me magnificent lessons in that, & slowly I'm beginning to grasp how the razor edge pathway is to be walked.

And yes, changing coffee (O beloved coffee!) to tea might work also. It's just something I'm not giving up easily; the pleasure is too great. :)
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Nefastos wrote:And yes, changing coffee (O beloved coffee!) to tea might work also. It's just something I'm not giving up easily; the pleasure is too great. :)
No! Every Satanist must drink pitch-black coffee! Best relaxation "techniques" for me are yoga (by this I mean the asanas + pranayama), going out and run (slow pace) and meditation. I don't use eatables or drinkables for relaxation. Sometimes I use them for energy if I must stay focused and I got too little sleep or something. Kolanut is über for energy, nature's hard stuff. Cocoa beans milder, but can give a boost if needed. And both of those very good for health, especially cocoa beans.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Heith

Post by Heith »

vajrasramana wrote:
No! Every Satanist must drink pitch-black coffee!
Damn, I better start then. I did drink a whole pot as a kid even if I hated the stuff, just to show my father that I'm gutsy. Does this make me a Damien? Or maybe just stupid, heh!

I find it a bit funny how we started to talk of harder drugs and pretty soon ended up in tea and coffee, and mild herbs :D
Nefastos wrote:
And yes, changing coffee (O beloved coffee!) to tea might work also. It's just something I'm not giving up easily; the pleasure is too great. :)
I can very well understand. I suppose it would be the same if someone suggested to me that I ought to drop tea for lightly scented water or some such. But next time we meet may I suggest we visit a super nice tea shop for some excellent japanese green? I've been itching to try one of their finer ones and just need an excuse! :D
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Although I believe I'm a lost case, we shall definitely try those elixirs of the orient, sister!
vajrasramana wrote:Every Satanist must drink pitch-black coffee!

"Black as midnight in the moonless night", eh? Not necessarily; the one interested in the alchemy of the opposites might try bringing the white substance of the cow who presents the All-Mother to the strong black substance presenting the Spiritual Father, to acquire the ultimate balance of taijitu. There are even some who say that the aspect of the Son can be mixed into these in a form of grainy sweet substance with the hue not unlike the Mother's, but I think that heresy just goes too far.

Heith wrote:I find it a bit funny how we started to talk of harder drugs and pretty soon ended up in tea and coffee, and mild herbs

Yeah, it certainly seems we're doing things in reversed order here. That's the way of the devilism, I suppose.

Mayhaps the talk will once again drift to the harder substances later. But I understand that those who might have a word or two to say about those might choose to remain silent because of the law & the stigma.
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Some aspect drinks

Black - black coffee, black tea, everything goes as long its black - as much and whenever with whoever
Red - rosehip tea, red wine - with extreme control alone
White - white tea, white wine - with moderation and with friends
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Jiva

Post by Jiva »

Actually, I think having some kind of grasp on everyday drugs like caffeine and the various sugars are more important than other drugs, legal or otherwise, that aren't usually consumed so regularly. On the subject of caffeine, I used to drink a lot of stuff with guarana in, which contains a lot more caffeine that coffee beans. I've since drastically cut my caffeine intake though as I've always had problems sleeping properly which caffeine probably doesn't help much. I'll probably try some of the recommended camomile and valerian to see if this helps though :).

I can see the point of using cannabis as an occult tool, although I think fairly regular use would be necessary, especially if it's intended to help expedite some kind of renunciation of the world. On a similar level, I guess painkillers could fit this bill too. I've never used either for anything occult related though. Cannabis I smoke maybe a few times a year in the summertime (or if someone offers me a joint at a gig where someone like Bong are headlining). I simply enjoy laying in long grass or on a beach on a warm summer's night and stargazing, although the cannabis is by no means essential.

For 'party' drugs like cocaine, MDMA and the whole range of designer drugs, I personally don't see how any usage apart from hedonism is possible, but I'm sure there are people out there who have had positive occult experiences while using them. But, as Nefastos said, especially the harder drugs can destabilise people quite easily, if only temporarily; anything that affects the serotonin level in someone's brain is going to take at least a few days to resolve itself.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'