Qlippoth/Tree of Da'ath

Rituals, spells, prayer, meditation and magical acts.
Seeker666

Qlippoth/Tree of Da'ath

Post by Seeker666 »

what are my brothers' ideas and opinions of The Qlippoth? is it worthwhile to look into? how has it affected you? is it relevant to your path? if so, how so?
"Eritis sicut Deus, Scientes Bonum et Malum"- Mephistopheles
Insanus

Re: Qlippoth/Tree of Da'ath

Post by Insanus »

I've been thinking about studying qliphoth in the near future, but I can't say much yet, because my knowledge is just too limited. I believe it could be a very powerful practice to delve deep in the qliphas to seek fragmented/disharmonious parts of one's own being.
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Heith

Post by Heith »

orn wrote:
Sorry, one thing I can't bear, it is a white-light practices. They make me really Ill; sometimes to purify an atmosphere I used a Black Fog of the Flames Red and Blue and Black, it can be Directed {through the Core of being and "Inner Wand" - the real magical wand of magic} also unto any object, as a Vortex to smash or with another goal, that is temporary and always as a current situation, a temporary need. Also, I have some troubles with Practicing even C of L and Fosforos properly, the sessions is Much, all more than Excellent, the Blackness Cures and cares and leads, shows me myself and all the world as from another side through its pure transparent black light; but sometimes after successful practice sessions - about a hour or four and further I began feel critical {bio-physically} ..... and still have no certain idea how to overcome such my weakness, if it is weakness; probably I do something slightly wrong, or Too much droning in that .... or didn't came yet through some Barrier, though Black Binah and its Black Sea is as a Home for me, where I was reborn as a Child which is still In me and is me and its usual state is dissolving in whole-embracting and whole-penetrating Darkness.

And yes, I would like to get any suggestion or opinion from people experienced in the same, and would like just to meet an opinion of others who are on behalf SoA.
I am uncertain what you mean with "White light practices". New age spirituality?

I am of the opinion that there is a place and time for all energies, but it is up to us to know how to handle them. It can be challenging to get off one's comfort zone, but in truth (my opinion again) a magician / shaman / or whatever we might wish to call a Worker, will be able to recognise the need for different kind of workings and energies. The wider the range, the wider our horizon comes, and the more we will be able to understand of the universe.

It is foolish to dwell only on "white" magic out of fear of other kind of energies, or because of a dualistic thinking that anything else would be somehow corrupted. Corruption and decay is a necessary part of the working of a functioning universe. But, it is equally foolish to hide in the dark and to power trip on "black" magic- because even if the darkness indeed is great, it is not the only functioning force in the universe.

The ability to recognise a situation, and to be able to approach to it with truth and love are the markings of a great shaman (or magician, or, whatever term we might adopt here).

This becomes especially clear when working with Runes; at the first glance they are so direct, but when one looks closer there is layers on layers, and what at first seemed difficult is on a closer inspection rather natural, or what seemed nurturing and fertile seems barren and swallowing. All of these sides have to be studied with equal respect and care, or one begins to make mistakes. I am unable to comment much as I do not in truth understand what you mean by this "white light practice".
Jiva

Post by Jiva »

Well, I'm not an expert either, but personally I don't put the Sephiroth and Qliphoth into separate structural diagrams as some do; I think they're more integral.

It could be said that the fall of Daat is the reason why there's any distinction between Sephiroth and Qliphoth in the first place. On the one hand is the tree of life (gnosis, non-duality etc.) and on the other is the tree of Daat (knowledge, duality etc.). When Eve ate from the tree of Daat she initiated its fall into Malkuth (the material world), which can be viewed as Malkuth being a contraction within Binah (space). There are a huge amount of interpretations though, perhaps as a paradoxical reaction to the Kabbalistic structures' comparatively explicit definitions.

On a personal level, I think Insanus has shared the best insight on how to view the roles of the Qliphoth in the 'Hate' thread:
Insanus wrote: I believe that a sort of motherly protection is at least a very essential part of all hating: it's always trying to solve the incapability of union (love) & "forming a shell" (Qlipha) to protect something that's not ready to survive alone yet. Like a womb, one might say.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

One very interesting detail in Crowley's Book of Thoth (a book concerning Tarot) is the Hermit's Serpent Wand.

"Concealed within Mercury is a light which pervades all parts of the Universe equally; one of his titles is Psychopompos, the guide of the soul through the lower regions. These symbols are indicated by his Serpent Wand, which is actually growing out of the Abyss, and is the spermatozoon developed as a poison, and manifesting the foetus. "

This might be an important card to meditate upon for fra.Orn specifically in his darkness,
because The Hermit is cloaked in the colors of Binah, but carries the Sun in his Lamp.

"For he is not only creative, but is the fluidic essence of Light, which is the life of the Universe.".

This is getting both super-technical & very off-topic, I'm sorry :)
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä