Mantras

Rituals, spells, prayer, meditation and magical acts.
FrequencyDX

Mantras

Post by FrequencyDX »

Ave

I'm just wondering which mantras those on the forum have used or are currently using in their path? In the past I have found the use of mantras to be a beneficial practice, and can help deepen any spiritual practice.

David.
Nefastos

Re: Mantras

Post by Nefastos »

In our text discussing the "Rosary of Azazel", the example of Aum Mani Padme Hum is given, woven to the so-called Hieroglyphic Key, like this:
Personally I've mostly used threefold mantras, bringing together the harmony of a neutral, masculine & feminine powers - e.g. Aum Ram Shrim - while involved in prayer work.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

I don't do much prayer work at the moment, but the heart sutra certainly resonates something to me.
If there's one mantra I'd use, it's "gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā".
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
FrequencyDX

Post by FrequencyDX »

Thanks for the information, where would I be able to get a copy of the text of '"he Rosary of Azazel"?

What would be a rough English translation for the mantra you mentioned Om ram shrim? My sanskrit is a bit rusty. I'm currently doing my own research into Shaivism at the moment, starting to read the "Sive Sutras", and a book by the Kashmir Shaivites. I use the mantra Aum Namah Shivaya as often as possible, often chanting whilst going about my daily buisiness. It's a very powerful mantra, and I feel Shaivism shares alot in common with Gnostic Satanist ideas.

The heart sutra is a beautiful text, I can still recite the entire thing from memory in japanese (I'm not japanese, but I spent time practicing with Zen Buddhists). Powerful mantra also.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

FrequencyDX wrote:Thanks for the information, where would I be able to get a copy of the text of '"he Rosary of Azazel"?

Well, here, but I don't know how much that will help you. One of the Stone aspect brothers was translating that text, but since I haven't heard of the project for some time, I must assume it wasn't accomplished.

FrequencyDX wrote:What would be a rough English translation for the mantra you mentioned Om ram shrim?

You know the great pranava (Aum), of course. Ram is the fire mantra ruling over Manipura (~solar plexus centre), & Shrim is Lakshmi's "syllable of delight". So, it's about energization, stabilizing & bringing to fruition the egoic Fire at Manipura, and especially good for White aspect practice. (Those inclined to Red aspect might overenergize their usually already quite egoically inclined solar plexus, while the Black aspect perhaps isn't as interested with this kind of "gently dynamic" practice.)

FrequencyDX wrote:I'm currently doing my own research into Shaivism at the moment, starting to read the "Sive Sutras", and a book by the Kashmir Shaivites. I use the mantra Aum Namah Shivaya as often as possible, often chanting whilst going about my daily buisiness. It's a very powerful mantra, and I feel Shaivism shares alot in common with Gnostic Satanist ideas.

Glad to hear that. I feel that a grand circle is closing (to begin another), for Kashmir Hindu doctrine was esoterically present already at the very source of Blavatskyan theosophical movement, although it wasn't - and hasn't been - openly seen. Now, when that theosophy has branched to create something like Western Luciferian Shaivisim in SOA, I feel we're discovering something that's been unseen but yet present all the time. Up to the date, Buddhism has been much more visible background philosophy in theosophy, thus in modern Western occultism. Shiva sutras truly are a pearl! I heartily recommend Mark Dyczkowski's "The Aphorisms of Siva, The Siva Sutra with Bhaskara's Commentary, the Varttika" edition.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Sebomai

Post by Sebomai »

Om Tare Tuttare Ture Svāhā is one that has yet to be mentioned that I have used often. It is directed towards the Indian Tantric Goddess/Tibetan Buddhist Tantric and Exoteric as well Goddess or Bodhisattva, kinda both, Tara. I haven't done mantra in a long while, most of what I do is prayer now, and that is very important to be. I am trying to achieve the spirit of the instructions given by Paul to "pray without ceasing." I find that to be very applicable to any spiritual path one is on. But I may return to mantra some day. It is a valuable practice.
Seeker666

Post by Seeker666 »

I use "Jai Mata Kali" and "Aum Namah Shivaya" mostly.
"Eritis sicut Deus, Scientes Bonum et Malum"- Mephistopheles