The World as Power

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Fomalhaut

Re: The World as Power

Post by Fomalhaut »

Nefastos wrote:
Fomalhaut wrote:
Fomalhaut wrote:In my humble opinion, when a person is born, all of them (âtma - buddhi - manas) are active in him / her. However, surrounding environment such as family, culture, etc, have great impact on the human being (I do not mean physical effect only but mainly spiritual and psychological).

If by "person" you mean the soul, then I agree; but if by "person" you mean the present incarnation, I see this a bit differently. One of my books, the Ages of Man, focused on this particular thing. Its motto was from Hartmann's Life of Paracelsus, and was about this how the logos of God is given as a ray when the child is born, but it does not incarnate into us instantly but rather gradually.

So, I see that the A-B-M or the Will-Love-Reason triad is in our soul as active, but in our bodily personality only as a potency. It is in our "aura", but it is not yet in our concrete brain, and must be struggled with to actualize; and this is done mostly in three seven year periods which make up the youth & young adulthood of a human being (manas in age 14-21, buddhi in age 21-28, âtma in age 28-35).

I exactly meant soul by "person" and I exactly think same way as you do.
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
Nefastos

Re: The World as Power

Post by Nefastos »

Ok, I think many occultists share at least somewhat similar ideas, if not completely agreeing with our theory here. But both modern scientific thinking and Christian concept of soul being against such thoughts, we are still a very small minority with this kind of hermetic/neoplatonic philosophy of soul's pre-existence and yet its spiritual development.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"