Lodge Salome

The Practice of The Star of Azazel
Nefastos

Lodge Salome

Post by Nefastos »

A new international lodge, SALOME, has been officially founded at the moment of the great conjunction, and we are slowly making it more solid & approachable. Brief introduction can be found from the list of lodges.

The discussion about challenges in the Star of Azazel international presence made me think that a new kind of working lodge might be needed: one focusing on publicity, but one that tries to act tactfully (compared to the self-serving empty hype of the usual social media presence), meaningfully, with grace. This quickly made me come back to some of the key concepts I have always hold dear to our brotherhood working, the emblem of Salome and the decipated head of John the Baptist. I have touched the subject briefly in Argarizim.

The symbolism itself, along with its practical magic, will be dealt carefully in the series of articles as well as emblematic focus of the lodge. Our long term friends might remember the particular emblem from Moreau from the cover of the very first Hylätty Kivi, #1/2006. Baphomet symbolism is curiously intervowen with this decipation emblem, and the grades in the lodge will move through the figures of the dancer to the half-human half-animal figures, dealing with this particular mystery. Even though the aspect emphasis of Salome is White, this use of half-animal emblems will give it a touch of a more Satanic nature (Black in White).

Things that are now in ovo will be manifested in the following months & years in near future, Master willing, shall the quaking world stand a bit longer. Focus of the lodge presence will not be here in this site, but in different parts of social media instead. For I see that it is an important part of the Star of Azazel to form several foci of presence, several different modes of being, and show that our strength is not in monolithic or hegemonic unity of formality, but instead in different forms and one unifying spirit behind them: the Triple Key, the Constitution, and the philosophy of the path of ascension occultism, served with a spark from the Old Nick's splendid crown.

Questions are always welcome, although we might not have all the answers yet. People who are curious might want to wait some months to see our social media presence before they send their applications. But in case what is said here sounds interesting enough on its own, feel free to send your application, and join us from the start.

Salome_in_the_Garden_by_Gustave_Moreau.jpg
Salome_in_the_Garden_by_Gustave_Moreau.jpg (158.74 KiB) Viewed 7034 times
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Silvaeon

Re: Lodge Salome

Post by Silvaeon »

Wonderful! I've been looking forward to the official announcement of this Lodge. Personally, I feel like I haven't been able to rise to the occasion concerning things like visibility and international presence. Now, the mere knowledge of this new Lodge has given a spark to Phanes, allowing room for new ideas to take root which will begin to grow in the coming months as well.

Best wishes in the work! I believe that as we both move forward, the Lodges will be able to complement each other.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Silvaeon wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:24 pmBest wishes in the work! I believe that as we both move forward, the Lodges will be able to complement each other.
Thank you brother! It certainly seems possible that the different natures of these lodges can be used as ballast for each other, the egg of Phanes giving the point of stability & the dance of Salome the dynamism of outer movement. Since the Star of Azazel works naturally and almost inescapably with magnetic poles, pairs like these are very important for our work.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

I'm planning to apply for membership as soon as I have a little more time as the work of the lodge seems very important to me.
If I apply for membership now, I might be a very passive member because most of my time is needed elsewhere. Too many passive member might lower the motivation of the few active ones so I will wait a little longer.

Still I'm happy to see that this new Lodge has been founded and I wish you all the best for your work. Hopefully I will soon be able to help.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Thank you for your words, we would be happy to have you!
Cerastes wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:54 amToo many passive member might lower the motivation of the few active ones so I will wait a little longer.

While this is true for the most lodges, Salome is built a bit differently. This is a lodge that asks no factual participation, just support. What we are seeking are people who would get interested in the ideas of the Star of Azazel, and hopefully be happy & enthusiastic while following our should-be-steady news from the lodge – in the making right now & available in public soon.

While it is true that there will be grades for those who want to go beyond this point, I'd estimate that those second & third grades become actually available for the members only in a year or so.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

We are proud to inform that the lodge blog has now been officially opened, to celebrate the feast of vernal equinox!

www.lodgesalome.com

The blog offers texts in the following categories:

– Philosophy
– Practice
– Books (of the Star of Azazel)
– Capriccios (artistic whims & flights of fancy)
– Questions

New articles will be forthcoming on steady basis. Easiest way to keep an eye on the blog is to follow @lodgesalome in Instagram.
Astraya

Post by Astraya »

Congratulations about the lodge and blog Nefastos and Polyhymnia :)
“There can be no transforming of darkness into light and of apathy into movement without emotion”
― Carl Gustav Jung
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Thank you so much, sister! So far the support has been wonderful!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Fatuus

Post by Fatuus »

Nefastos wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:05 am We are proud to inform that the lodge blog has now been officially opened, to celebrate the feast of vernal equinox!

www.lodgesalome.com

The blog offers texts in the following categories:

– Philosophy
– Practice
– Books (of the Star of Azazel)
– Capriccios (artistic whims & flights of fancy)
– Questions

New articles will be forthcoming on steady basis. Easiest way to keep an eye on the blog is to follow @lodgesalome in Instagram.
Excellent news! Good luck for your work with Salome.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Thank you very much, fra Fatuus!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran