Favourite Book(s)

Questions directed to the Star of Azazel.
Kenazis

Favourite Book(s)

Post by Kenazis »

What's your favourite the Star of Azazel book or books. Or what you think are the most important ones that anybody should read. Some explanations for your choices would be good.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
RaktaZoci

Re: Favourite Book(s)

Post by RaktaZoci »

Well, Fosforos, obviously, as a first. I'd recall this discussion occuring with ex-fra Orn at some point? However, as mentioned before, Fosforos was for me the first connection to the SoA back in the day (2005?) even though I could't quite grasp it's meanings back then. Something still remained, a spark that later drove me to return to the source.

The lately published "Writing of Magic" has been of high interest to me also and I really do hope we get it translated soon. This has been of topic lately on the Finnish forum, so I think the wheel will start turning soon. This book is much more complex than Fosforos, which in itself is complex enough as well, and takes a bit of digesting, but on every repeated reading it reveals something new.

Then there are of course the commentaries to HPB's texts, like to "The Voice of the Silence" which I found really informative and Nefastos' commentary really makes Blavatskys cryptical take a lot more clearer. This I believe is not translated either.

We should get a whole division of translators or then some sort of magical pen which would write the text simultaneously in English as it's been written in Finnish. :D Anyhoo, lots of new translations coming this year, so just be patient, my fellow English speaking brethren.
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

The First book I read by Nefastos was Argarizim – The Fall of Lucifer and then Gospel of Saturn, Book of Pathways and Magna Mater (I don’t know are these correct translations). Writings of Magic is one of my favourites at the moment. I haven’t read the Voice of Silence yet (none of the commentaries - Ervast, Blavatsky, Nefastos - even I got all of them in my bookshelf).

I think for the new members of SoA, the Star of Azazel – The Ideology and Fraternity is best book to start, then Fosforos and Writings of Magic. Book of Pathways and Gateways are also good, but now because the esoteric aspects are “invisible”, they might cause some confusion to newcomers.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

Kenazis wrote:...then Gospel of Saturn, Book of Pathways and Magna Mater (I don’t know are these correct translations)...
Two of these were included in my print of Fosforos, along with the text Left hand path. I wasn't actually aware until quite recently that they are NOT in the new print. But there should be new printed versions available of these soon, if I've understood correctly(?) Interesting texts, though. So just to clarify, when I speak of Fosforos I count these texts to be a part of it.
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Frater Setesh

Post by Frater Setesh »

I first books I’ve read where Fosforos and The Catechism of Lucifer. These two are my favorite books.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

To be specific, Polyharmonia is my foundation stone, and especialy the 6th Chapter is for me perhaps the most impotant piece of all our texts. That chapter is to me one of the deepest treatises on Shaktism.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Heith

Post by Heith »

Not sure if these can be counted, as the majority is not printed (yet) but to me personally, the texts of frater obnoxion have been most meaningful on a level which most relates and means to me: my creative processes. It's not easy to write a text that is both poetic, visually rich and accurate in its meaning.

We have a few of his work translated, some in printed form (unseen fire books), and a few on our website.