Eve and the Tree of knowledge

Questions directed to the Star of Azazel.
Mera

Eve and the Tree of knowledge

Post by Mera »

I wonder what do you think of some of the stuff which people write about regarding Eve and the snake tempting her to eat from the Tree of knowledge of Good and evil. would you say she in fact slept with the Satan or actually ate fruit from the tree of knowledge?

I read some stuff which suggests that she slept with him and gave birth to Cain.

thanking you in advance.
Nefastos

Re: Eve and the Tree of knowledge

Post by Nefastos »

Mera wrote:would you say she in fact slept with the Satan or actually ate fruit from the tree of knowledge?

I think we agree that these are allegories, right? That said, what one means by Eve exactly would affect the answer accordingly.

If we take that the creation of man, woman & original sin by eating the forbidden fruit in Genesis is about early mankind's evolution & thus a story about genderless mankind being clothed to flesh, divided into two genders, & finally losing it's childlike state of innocence after developing the (necessarily painful) knowledge about moral dilemmas with the aid of a spiritual power herein known as serpent and Satan - then the question becomes somewhat hazy & open to different interpretations.

When it comes to eating of some concrete & not symbolical fruit, I don't believe in such things, or that they matter at all. "Sleeping with Satan" can't be a concrete thing to do either, if Satan is not a physical person but a force and/or a name for certain energies or a class of spirits.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"