Question(s) about The Apocalypse of St.John

Questions directed to the Star of Azazel.
Fomalhaut

Question(s) about The Apocalypse of St.John

Post by Fomalhaut »

I have just been reading The Apocalypse of St.John a moment ago, I have also read it a few times before. This question has already crossed my mind multiple times.
In the midst of the throne, and around the throne were four living creatures full of eyes before and behind. 4:7 The first creature was like a lion, and the second creature like a calf, and the third creature had a face like a man, and the fourth was like a flying eagle. 4:8The four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around about and within.
Are those four living creatures actually four archangels?
Last edited by Wyrmfang on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
Insanus

Re: Question about The Apocalypse of St.John

Post by Insanus »

Seraphim have been described as fiery beings with six wings flying around God's throne.
So I wouldn't call those "living creatures" archangels.
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Fomalhaut

Re: Question about The Apocalypse of St.John

Post by Fomalhaut »

Insanus wrote:Seraphim have been described as fiery beings with six wings flying around God's throne.
So I wouldn't call those "living creatures" archangels.

Thanks a lot for your answer Fra. Insanus!
— C.G. Jung
Fomalhaut

Re: Question(s) about The Apocalypse of St.John

Post by Fomalhaut »

There are more questions rising from The Apocalypse of St. John. So I am changing the name of the topic to Question(s) about The Apocalypse of St.John
— C.G. Jung
Fomalhaut

Re: Question(s) about The Apocalypse of St.John

Post by Fomalhaut »

Ok, here is one another question:
He said to me, "These are those who came out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes, and made them white in the Lamb's blood. 7:15Therefore they are before the throne of God, they serve him day and night in his temple. He who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. 7:16They will never be hungry, neither thirsty any more; neither will the sun beat on them, nor any heat; 7:17for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne shepherds them, and leads them to springs of waters of life. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

So, those elders, who came out of the great tribulation and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of Jesus? Who are they actually?

And, my main question will come out of next:
And on her forehead a name was written, "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." 17:6 I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus.
Is it now really fair? I know, there is a great symbolism behind these lines but when I think about it, isn't it just unfair? Whore of Babylon is able to get drunken with the blood of the saint and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus but on the other hand those elders who came from big tribulation are washing their robes to white with the blood of Lamb?
— C.G. Jung