Why Jesus? (Or, why not)

Questions directed to the Star of Azazel.
obnoxion
Sodalis

Re: Why Jesus? (Or, why not)

Post by obnoxion »

Kavi wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:36 pm
I always had an intuitive feeling, unlike some of radical Christians, that what mattered most of Jesus was his teachings, ethics and symbolism found in Gospels.
I think perhaps most important thing is how Jesus teaches in the Gospels. Every act is a symbol, each sentence an analogy.
There is a laconism to Jesus' teachings, which pertains to visual thinkers, such as Seers. William Blake stressed rightly the importance of this aspect of Jesus, compared to the Pauline concept of vicarious savior to be unquestioningly accepted. I think there is transcendence rather in the ongoing, living interpretatio of Jesus' acts and words; to gaining sight to things we cannot conceptualize to common verbal instructions.

"Thine is the friend of all mankind,
Mine speaks in parables to the blind."

- William Blake on Jesus -
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Kavi
Frater

Post by Kavi »

obnoxion wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:55 pm
Kavi wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:36 pm
I always had an intuitive feeling, unlike some of radical Christians, that what mattered most of Jesus was his teachings, ethics and symbolism found in Gospels.
I think perhaps most important thing is how Jesus teaches in the Gospels. Every act is a symbol, each sentence an analogy.
There is a laconism to Jesus' teachings, which pertains to visual thinkers, such as Seers. William Blake stressed rightly the importance of this aspect of Jesus, compared to the Pauline concept of vicarious savior to be unquestioningly accepted. I think there is transcendence rather in the ongoing, living interpretatio of Jesus' acts and words; to gaining sight to things we cannot conceptualize to common verbal instructions.

"Thine is the friend of all mankind,
Mine speaks in parables to the blind."

- William Blake on Jesus -
What a wonderful quote.
I have always wanted to read William Blake but probably I have been too afraid to look into it thinking English is too impenetrable for me. But probably it's not the case.
7&8
Insanus
Frater

Post by Insanus »

I recently read the bible a bit, Romans, specifically. There:

3:20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by the works of the Law; rather through the law we become conscious of our sin.

5:20 The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,

7:2 For example by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies she is released from the law that binds him to her.
7:6 But now by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

10:4 Christ is the culmination of law

10:4 is sometimes translated "Christ is the end of the law" which emphasises dying, whereas this culmination-translation emphasises that Christ is not reactive antithesis of the law. Here it seems that Christ is sort of a state of consciousness that can be reached by "dying to what once bound us", certainly has a buddhist flavor to it.
Not to re-mention Kavi's point about antinomian acts to fulfill the law.
Myrkky sattuu siihen jolla on haava.