Good online stores for purchasing books

Discussion on literature other than by the Star of Azazel.
Heith

Good online stores for purchasing books

Post by Heith »

I was recently informed about this publisher, Oxbow books. They focus on archaeology but the variety is huge and I am sure there's many topics that are of interest to our members and guests.

http://www.oxbowbooks.com/oxbow/

Jiva I apologise in advance for sharing this link with you, as I fear it might be something that will help you get rid of all your extra money. Spotted a reprint of a book by Neil Price I've been meaning to get my paws on.
Jiva

Re: Good online stores for purchasing books

Post by Jiva »

Haha yeah, I know Oxbow Books. I pre-ordered the re-print of Price's The Viking Way some time ago. I'm always tempted to buy books, usually successfully. In the last few weeks I've got stuff based on Nefastos' obnoxion's, Omoksha's and Wyrmfang's recommendations ;). Oxbow are the worst though - not only do they send emails but also physical catalogues to my house :P. Payday tomorrow though...
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
Heith

Re: Good online stores for purchasing books

Post by Heith »

Jiva wrote:I pre-ordered the re-print of Price's The Viking Way some time ago.
I've my eye on this, but as it's on pre-order level I'm not fussed yet so I got another title from him first. I have leafed through a previous print of The Viking Way, and I tell you it was so good it was difficult to focus on just one page because I wanted to read it all at the same time!

From Price I notice, another book is also on it's way- titled Odin's Whisper if I'm not much mistaken.