book of sitra achra standard edition

Discussion on literature other than by the Star of Azazel.
obnoxion

Re: book of sitra achra standard edition

Post by obnoxion »

In understanding with the parties concerned, two messages were removed from this chain as inappropriate.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Circaeon

Re: book of sitra achra standard edition

Post by Circaeon »

[quote="Heith"]I would have to agree. There's a sense of elitism in these editions that I dislike. I can understand that one can't really make large quantities of this kind of books, because every publication is a financial risk. But I have a hard time understanding why cheaper options aren't offered. It seems a little unfair that if one doesn't happen to have extra 300 dollars in their pocket, they can't read the book. And I would never pay that kind of a sum for a book I have never even physically seen.[/quote]

That's what I like about Scarlet Imprint. All of their publications are available in unlimited paperback editions.

Personally, I never purchase the special editions etc. Books which I do not appreciate or find constructive I either sell - for the same price that I paid - or hand out as presents to friends whom I know will appreciate them. Books which I do appreciate, I read over and over. They end up with thumbed pages, worn covers and notes + underlines inside. That's my way of showing appreciation to both the author and the book itself.