Alchemical Catechism by Paracelsus

Discussion on literature other than by the Star of Azazel.
Fomalhaut

Alchemical Catechism by Paracelsus

Post by Fomalhaut »

I was recently making a research and reading about Paracelsus and found the following text written by him on Sacred Texts' website. I would share it in here but as it is a very long text, I am just posting the link of it:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/alc/tschoudy.htm
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
Nefastos

Re: Alchemical Catechism by Paracelsus

Post by Nefastos »

Thank you frater! I vaguely remember eyeing this a long time ago, but had forgotten it completely since. Alchemy is so definite and at the same times so philosophical and multidimensional branch of the esoteric doctrine, that it is great to have an easy-to-approach basic text from such a luminous character who is equally adept in metaphysical, magical and scientific (of his time) aspects of study. I will definitely read this again.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Fomalhaut

Post by Fomalhaut »

Nefastos wrote:Thank you frater! I vaguely remember eyeing this a long time ago, but had forgotten it completely since. Alchemy is so definite and at the same times so philosophical and multidimensional branch of the esoteric doctrine, that it is great to have an easy-to-approach basic text from such a luminous character who is equally adept in metaphysical, magical and scientific (of his time) aspects of study. I will definitely read this again.
No problem at all, frater! You are welcome. I am not very familiar with alchemy, thus I wanted to read some stuff and get some ideas of it. I was very lucky to find this kind of easy-to-approach text on a subject that there is so much need for giving lots of attention and energy to get familiar with.
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

I will read that too. I first read about Paracelsus in Mika Waltari's book Mikael Karvajalka, in which he was small character. In this book Paracelsus knew the secret of electricity and because it's Waltari, i actually believe it. More recently i read Colin Wilson's "The occult" (a bestseller type of book, exoteric in other words). Most interesting in that book were the stories of alchemist adventurers like Paracelsus and others like John Dee or St. Germain.