Vigyan Bhairav Tantra

Discussion on literature other than by the Star of Azazel.
Insanus

Re: Vigyan Bhairav Tantra

Post by Insanus »

I've gained enormous amounts of inspiration from this Tantra & your commentary, but it's terribly difficult to put any of it into words. I'll read this thread through some day soon & try it again.
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Nox

Post by Nox »

I share the feeling of fra Insanus. This has been a fantastic work to read and see how the text unfolds little by little. There are so numerous layers in it, so I will read it again in near future. Anyways, this has been a great and valuable work from you - thanks!
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Thank you kindly, it's great to hear that this little journey did give you something.

Because nobody objected, I'll lay this project to rest. After some consideration, instead of going through a grimoire text, I started to translate one of our own publications, the Adept, into English.

As pointed out above, this topic is still open for any kind of discussion regarding the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra. Also, if some other people would like to continue the process of reading the stanzas in order from number 38, I'll be extremely interested to read your comments.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Heathen_Soul

Post by Heathen_Soul »

Nefastos wrote:
Vigyan Bhairav Tantra (1) wrote:
I myself am terrible in breathing meditations, but pray tell if you are any luckier using this method. Otherwise, onwards we go...
I worked on this technique for the first few years of my practice and it does produce great results in regards to concentration states. You can pretty much work on this technique for your entire life if you aren't a monk, but i dont really think its necessary (and many teachers seem to agree).

I think even having a basic level on concentration is sufficient, although being able to attain a basic concentration state is probably ideal if one is to go deeper in to insight practices. (Im not there any longer though, so need to work on that practice myself again!).