News from the World

Events, meetings and announcements.
Smaragd

News from the World

Post by Smaragd »

I though we had such a topic already in the English side too but it doesn't seem to be so.

NASA reported of the Phoenix galaxy clusters rare abilities to give birth to a large number of stars. As we're going through the Secret Doctrine with lodge Phanes and friends we've come to think of our own galaxys challenges and settings. The special settings the Phoenix galaxy cluster operates with reminded me of similar way of looking the celestial bodies and what sort of challenges there are outside our own star system. It is also interesting to me to think of the laws or causal chains by which a certain spatial location has come to be the centers of different sort of galaxies and galaxy clusters. Being eager to find universal answers I felt a bit disappointed when first time reading the Secret Doctrine to mainly handle things of our own star system, but as location and subjects wrapped in objects there aren't meaningless, it seems we need to take them all in to account.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Polyhymnia

Re: News from the World

Post by Polyhymnia »

Oh, wow. Certainly does make me think of The Great Breath! Thanks for sharing. It will forever blow me away that all found in the macrocosm is reflected in the microcosm. How vast and wonderful this journey can be! Even if at times it's pretty frustrating and challenging.
*cough* Secret Doctrine *cough* 8-)
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Polyhymnia wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:38 pm Even if at times it's pretty frustrating and challenging.
*cough* Secret Doctrine *cough* 8-)
We will get to the place where even this baffling piece of literature starts making sense, I'm sure! When is another question. The length of some of those cosmic cycles are atleast as baffling!
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

I follow The World-Wide Religious News. You can pick your theme, region and religion if you want to narrow it down (For example, under themes you can find "occult", so you can follow global news on occultism).

Or you can just read the recent headlines from the front page:
https://wwrn.org/

Here is the first point from their mission statement, which nicely sums up the intention behind the WWRN's service:

World-Wide Religious News is a non-profit service to provide the international academic and legal community (as well as various government agencies) with up to date religious news from around the world. WWRN was initiated with the goal of promoting religious freedom and tolerance.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

J. R. R. Tolkien's son Christopher died the other day I heard.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/ ... es-aged-95
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

An altar of Pan Heliopolitanos was fround from the supporting structures of a Byzantine church build upon an old pagan temple. The altar is inscribed thus: "Atheneon son of Sosipatros of Antioch is dedicating the altar to the god Pan Heliopolitanos. He built the altar using his own personal money pursuant to a vow he made."

Some interesting factors from the news article:
It is well-known that the verdant nature reserve, part of the Israel Nature and Parks Authority, has been a sacred site for different religions over the millennia. Erlich explains that the fact that the entire area is called the “Banias,” denoting Pan, means that it was considered a sacred place for the different religions, beginning in pagan times — and that led ultimately to its preservation over all these years.

Erlich explains. “The inscription is dedicated to a combination of Pan and a facet of Zeus. Not Heliopolitan Zeus, but a sort of combination of Pan and this aspect of Zeus.”

The Banias was also the site of another discovery some time ago showing a syncretization of Pan and Zeus, according to Ecker, so the recent discovery is just additional proof that this practice existed and was widespread, including that at Baalbek.

In a charmingly endearing twist, the archaeologists saw that the writing on the altar had clearly been inscribed by a workman who was not exactly an expert — as the text starts out quite large, but as the carver realizes he is going to run out of space, the words become much smaller and almost run off the edges of the stone.

After this powerful king died in 4 BC, rule over the Banias fell to his son, Herod Philip. He later made it into a city called Caesarea Phillippi — which was even prominently mentioned in the New Testament.

Although Josephus referred to the city as Caesarea Paneas, it was undoubtedly the same city, which the disciples St. Mark and St. Matthew mention in their Gospels.

“When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, ‘Who do people say the Son of Man is?’ They replied, ‘Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.’ ‘But what about you?’ he asked. ‘Who do you say I am?’ Simon Peter answered, ‘You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God’” (Matthew 16:13-16).

The area may even have been the site of the building of a church, after the explicit direction of Jesus to do just that, in the Gospel of Matthew.
Regarding the mythological evolutionary progression between Pan and Zeus (Jupiter) there is an interesting story where Zefs consumes the powers of the cosmologically older god Phanes. In synchrenistic fashion, I can not help but think these religious revolutions as the myths evolving according to the needs of the further evolving soul (bringing cultural changes as a byproduct). Thinking of the animal aspects of Pan, and how the holiness of the God is still in much "unrefined" form (although Phanes-Pan leaps out of the very fine nature of aether, it's revelation to the lower principles is that of terror and panic. Regarding Zeus' place in this we could think of our Jovian Celestial hymn mentioning "pater omnipotens aither"; the terrible Pan-aspect is still in the hymn as Satan in the form of lightning, but this father-aspect of Zeus could be seen as refining the power further from the plain wild Pan. This does not mean Pan would become useless, but indeed it would have to be included in the process to keep the structure alive. Otherwise the father aspects of Jupiter becomes devoid of the godly power of the firstborn, and thus secular. It is in this manner interesting that this supporting structure of the Pan Heliopolitanos altar has been removed from a church ruins in the area the article speculates Jesus might have given the order for Peter to build the church. I mean, symbolically this could be seen quite a death blow to the church, or perhaps alternatively a revivification of the vital element from the ruins of the church.

To give the cosmological background and the story of consuming, I quote hellenicgods.org article on Phanes:
The primordial state of the Kózmos (Cosmos, Κόσμος) is called Unutterable or Ineffable, consisting of unexpressed material substances: Earth and Water. From this primeval situation, Time (Χρόνος) united with Necessity (Ἀνάγκη). Time then gave birth to unbounded Kháos (Chaos, Χάος), moist Aithír [Aethêr], and misty Ǽrævos (Erebos = Darkness, Ἔρεβος). In the Aithír, Khrónos (Time) wrought a silvery egg from which Phánîs leapt forth, and at the birth of Phánîs, the First-born (Πρωτόγονος) of the Gods, the chasm and the aithír were torn apart.

Phánîs has many names; he is also called Mítis, Irikæpaios (Ericapaeus, Ἠρικεπαῖος), Prôtógonos, Ǽrôs (Eros, Ἔρως), Diónysos (Dionysus, Διόνυσος), Zefs (Ζεύς), and Pan (Πᾶν).

"The Triple God born from the Egg was called Phanis, and also Metis and Ericapæus, the three being aspects of one Power."

"Of the three aspects, Phanis is said to be the 'father', Ericapæus the 'power', and Metis the 'intellect', in Platonic terms (see Δαμάσκιος Quæst. p. 380)."

Phánîs is the first constituent of the evolutionary progression of Aithír known as the dynasty of the Six Vasileis (Basileis = Kings, Βασιλεῖς [Βασιλεύς is singular]): Phánîs, Nyx, Ouranós, Krónos, Zefs, and Diónysos. From Phánis comes Nyx, then Ouranós, Krónos, and Zefs. Zefs enters the Cave (Ántron, Ἄντρον) of Nyx, "swallows" (utilizes, controls) Phánîs, and renews or re-orders the universe:

And then Zefs went to the Sacred Cave and asked,

“Good mother, highest of the Gods, immortal Nyx, show me this, how am I to set up my stout-hearted rule among the Deathless Ones [24]? How can I have all things one yet each one apart?” And blessed (μάκαιρα) Nyx, gleaming with the blue of dawn (κυαναυγής), answered him saying,

“Take hold round about all things with the unutterable Aithír, and in its midst place the vault of heaven, the immense earth, the sea, and all the constellations crowning heaven… and bind them all with a golden aithirial chain.”

Thus then taking hold of the power of first-born Irikæpaios (Ἠρικεπαῖος)
He carried the form of all things in the hollow of his own belly,
He mingled his own limbs with the power and strength of the God,
for that reason with him all things within Zefs were made new.
Mars

Post by Mars »

From The Guardian:

Secular pilgrims: why ancient trails still pack a spiritual punch

From the article: 'Guy Stagg, whose 2018 book The Crossway recorded his walk on the pilgrim path from Canterbury to Jerusalem, describes being “drawn upward”, despite having set out with no sense of religious purpose. And Colm Tóibín, the award-winning Irish novelist, brought up Catholic but later to reject the church, has written of going as a post-Christian to Lourdes and still being “aware of having entered another atmosphere”.'
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

Also so called Jerusalem syndrome is damn interesting yet hilarious.
Haven't studied or read enough to be sure but I guess it might happen even for atheists.
Some places seem to be charged with somekind of geographic energy for sure. I don't know if there is any academic explanation for it but from subjective experience I have found some places working like a magnet for certain behavior.

Of course some places have quite rational explanation, Bridge of Kuokkala in Jyväskylä might attract suicidal people because.. well it's a bridge. Yet the symbolism of bridge gives entirely new connotations.
I guess we have a thread for geochakras here somewhere in forum.
Mars

Post by Mars »

Two spiritual giants have passed away lately: Desmond Tutu on 26 December and Thich Nhat Hanh today.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Nefastos wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:24 pm the occult tradition keeps the hologram reality model as its very basis, and thus there really is no ending nor a beginning, but every apparent primum mobile is just the very energy of all its parent realities.
Benemal wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:11 am Things like this:
#10 Apollonius of Tyana, writing as Hermes Trismegistos, said, 'That which is above isthat which is below'. By this he meant to tell us that our universe is a hologram, but he lacked the term.
or
#30 The phenomenal world does not exist; it is a hypostasis of the information processed by the Mind.
With these quotes I'd like to bring some context of what the idea of cosmos as a hologram can mean from the point of view of occultism. I would add the simple notion that if there is an idea world outside Plato's cave, it could be seen the singular source of all the forms that appear in the hologram world.

With these things in mind and avoiding all silly occultism/religion vs. science juxtapositions or dichotomies it is interesting to reflect how scientists have handled the same topics introduced concisely in the article below. Additionally the idea of missing information (that isn't necessarily missing in the hologrammatical point of view) is interesting. One could look at it also from the perspective of what has been said about Akashic libraries and karma, especially by the Theosophists.

'Take gravity, add quantum mechanics, stir. What do you get? Just maybe, a holographic cosmos.'