Cattle Mutilation

Events, meetings and announcements.
obnoxion

Cattle Mutilation

Post by obnoxion »

Of all unexplained phenomena, I feel that cattle mutilation is one of the strangest. Anyone can go and check out the wiki article, but in short, cattle mutilation is surgigally done and anatomically highly selective mutilation done to livestock, for example, cows and sheep. Often the animals are drained of blood, and it is told that scavengers tend to avoid the mutilated carcasses.

This phenomenon has been known at least from the 15th century. And though some cases can be explained, there seem to be more than one reason behind this phenomenon.

Let's speculate freely! But if there is someone who has researched cattle mutilation in some form, it would be awesome if you could share your informed opinion.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Kenazis

Re: Cattle Mutilation

Post by Kenazis »

Have not studied this at all, but could it be some disease or parasite? That would explain the scavenger thing.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

The wiki-article on cattle mutilatio is actually quite informative.According to it, there is a possible scenario where the mutilation could be explained by some parasite together with post-mortem processes. On the other hand, some of the mutilations seem to be man made.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

obnoxion wrote:The wiki-article on cattle mutilatio is actually quite informative.

English Wikipedia, unlike our Finnish one, is truly an awesome source of helpful information. The article in question ends to the following, seemingly quite non-informative mention:

Local folklore has attributed the mutilations to chupacabras or similar creatures.[citation needed]

Personally I think along these lines, namely, that whatever the physical outward reason is, from parasites to boiling of blood, sociopaths or grey space midgets, the best word for all the incidents of cattle mutilation would be -- "demons".

I notice that this mindset is not the Western one, and may be one of the fundamental reasons I am so unfamiliar with many paradigms of the modern world around us. But for my thinking the most important part of any incident is its spiritual and energetical reason, an event's objective telos if you want. This might be at least partly because of my lack of ability (and will) to separate any accident from the feelings of its experiencing "other", be it conscious or subconscious. And ergo, if someone gets skinned, vivisected, mutilated, or loses his head, the culprit must be a demon, whether in the guise of any of the before mentioned forces of nature or Mother Teresa herself.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

I very much agree that this phenomon in all its variables make up a demonic theme, when demonic is understood as above. For me, cattle mutilation in all its absurd violence and impenetrable mystifications is a sort of spontaneous symbol or living poetic metaphor of the down-ward impulse.

When I posted my first message, I was thinking our old conversation about muti-murders, and how the idea of violent dismemberment of a living whole expresses the ideal of the down-ward-path. So in a way any violent enhancement of fragmentation some way reflects anti-idealism. We can understand how this can be a powerful method in short term, for example, it is not hard to see how easily masses of people can be controlled by introducing a sharp division. Basically the same methodological idea is followed, I think, when a mojo-man extracts a powerful bodypart and disgards the rest. And although the aim of the process is concrete advancement in this world, there exists the deeper level. That depth is as absurd as a sight of twenty cows laying mutilated on the moist medow in the morning mist. But when you extract with violence a piece off a whole, you take part of that hellish current of irrationality, that leads to the fragmentation of souls.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Naturally, in North-America, satanists (apart from the other obvious culprit: aliens) were suspected of these incidents (and other weird stuff). The FBI performed a thorough and long lasting investigations, and found satanists NOT GUILTY. The U.S. is a Disneyland of the weird. Did you all know, that the X-Files is mostly based on fact? I've never come up with a good explanation for CM, but because of the high level of skill, it would have to be doctors, or vets doing it, which doesn't really explain anything. In some cases it may be for mundane reasons, such as intimidating the competition, or like arsonists are used to burn inconveniently located buildings.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

I have understood that many, if not most cases, could be explained by small parasites or larger beasts. But some cases are man made, or they cannot be explained by "conventional wisdom".

Be that as it may, I interpret the day light world not unlike I interpret the dream world; both are, to a considerable degree, psychological phenomenon, and should not be evaluated without considering the symbolic nuances. So I am not so much interested about what creatures did the deeds; I am interested in the meaning of the universal mimesis that was enacted in the process.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

obnoxion wrote:I have understood that many, if not most cases, could be explained by small parasites or larger beasts.
These aren't explanations, they're disses. One natural explanation could be maggots consuming necrotic parts. That's all they eat, so it could explain the "removal of tissue". Even though the FBI didn't find anything on satanists, it's still possible that a league of satanic veterinarians, originating in eastern Europe, has carried their traditions to North-America and are even as we speak, enjoying ritualistically removed organs, with some nice Chianti.
Yinlong

Post by Yinlong »

I recently learned that a lightning strike can easily kill even hundreds of animals with a single blow. This actually applies only to animals, that are four legged and have front and back legs wide apart. So, for example here a whole herd of reindeers were killed with one single lightning. The herd totaled 322, all dead.

There are two or three reasons why a lightning is especially devastating to certain kinds of animals. First of all, animals tend to go to drink from a pond. They are close to wet area. Sometimes the whole area where they are standing is wet, which makes the ground conductive. (No, I wished it was those antlers, but it is not...) Then, cows, reindeers and similar animals have their front and back legs wide apart. This tends to create potential difference between the legs, which causes a jolt, leading to a heart attack.

Where I read this, Vice magazine of course.
Quaerendo Invenietis - Na dìomhcuimhnich a-chaoidh - Feuer frei!