Challenges in the Star of Azazel's International Presence

Events, meetings and announcements.
User avatar
Cerastes
Soror
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 10:31 pm

Re: Challenges in the Star of Azazel's International Presence

Post by Cerastes »

Polyhymnia wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:34 pm
First it was quite a shock to sort of get thrown together into the international Lodge during the initial structural change, and then another shock to lose the members forum, which really made us (me? I can't speak for anyone else) feel closed off from the rest of things. So it's just been a matter of having to adjust to all these continuous changes, and as a result it's been a bit of a slow and difficult process to get things going. But they are indeed starting to get going. I can't deny that it's been uncertain and hesitating on my end, but I sort of inherited this leadership position due to necessity and it is far out of my general comfort zone, so I'm just trying to navigate it as best I can, which admittedly is often not very well. But all of that said, while there is still room for a lot of improvement, which I hope and believe we can get to, Phanes as a whole is actually more active right now than it ever has been.
I never used Instagram but I think even those mundane social medial platforms might provide some value in case we want to reach people on an international level. Maybe we should at least think about it. Facebook can be annoying but it sure gets a lot of attention.

Silvaeon wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:34 pm
But they are indeed starting to get going. I can't deny that it's been uncertain and hesitating on my end, but I sort of inherited this leadership position due to necessity and it is far out of my general comfort zone, so I'm just trying to navigate it as best I can, which admittedly is often not very well.
Thanks for taking the lodge guide burden, you are doing a very good job. It sure takes some effort and maybe even frustration sometimes because our pseudo-satanic dark elve hippie club will need time to grow in spirit and maybe even in number. But as it has been said before, there is no reason to be pessimistic about it yet.

The shutdown of the members forum felt a little like a "we don't want to talk to you anymore" gesture at first but I do understand the reasons for it and quite often, the things that annoy me at first turn out to be valuable in the end. So let's see what we can grow out of this impulse.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
User avatar
Insanus
Frater
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:06 am
Location: Helsinki

Re: Challenges in the Star of Azazel's International Presence

Post by Insanus »

I think it's tough for newcomers to feel personally involved and people vanish because they don't feel like they belong and they might as well just take their share of inspiration from here and do their individual work somewhere else even if they agree with the core ideas, because starting a new lodge immediately might seem very intimidating and the existing ones might not be what they want. Perhaps we could give some instructions or good questions to ponder to those who are considering starting one but don't quite know how or don't dare or whatever the reason may be? Thread for ideas for practical ways of doing the work of uniting opposites? Maybe something along those lines could be helpful to some who would like to act somehow, but feel a bit too much distance.
With a taste of a poison paradigm
obnoxion
Sodalis
Posts: 2148
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm

Re: Challenges in the Star of Azazel's International Presence

Post by obnoxion »

I have for some time considered If we should try to establish an English podcast, a sort of "Azazel Radio". I could regularily travel to participate in such recordings, for example 2 - 4 times per year.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
User avatar
Smaragd
Frater
Posts: 735
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:27 am

Re: Challenges in the Star of Azazel's International Presence

Post by Smaragd »

obnoxion wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:34 am
I have for some time considered If we should try to establish an English podcast, a sort of "Azazel Radio". I could regularily travel to participate in such recordings, for example 2 - 4 times per year.
To me, this seemed like the best option for future outward work (and wielding the present age tools) suggested in this topic. I'd be happy to help. I think we could figure out something simple for visual learners to anchor the attention on that side too.
Tulihenki
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Challenges in the Star of Azazel's International Presence

Post by Tulihenki »

Nefastos wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:30 pm
and Instagram I use strictly for seeing pictures of buxom women.
This kind of sentence coming from you is so important for me as I have battled so many years with occultism and can I love boobies at the same time. Love Blavatsky but she has made terrible struggles for me.
User avatar
Rúnatýr
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:49 pm
Location: Himingbjörg
Contact:

Re: Challenges in the Star of Azazel's International Presence

Post by Rúnatýr »

Smaragd wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:04 am
obnoxion wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:34 am
I have for some time considered If we should try to establish an English podcast, a sort of "Azazel Radio". I could regularily travel to participate in such recordings, for example 2 - 4 times per year.
To me, this seemed like the best option for future outward work (and wielding the present age tools) suggested in this topic. I'd be happy to help. I think we could figure out something simple for visual learners to anchor the attention on that side too.
I would listen!
Ice is very cold and immeasurably slippery; it glistens as clear as glass and most like to gems; it is a floor wrought by the frost, fair to look upon.
User avatar
Nefastos
Frater
Posts: 3782
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:05 am
Location: Helsinki

Re: Challenges in the Star of Azazel's International Presence

Post by Nefastos »

Smaragd wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:04 am
obnoxion wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:34 am
I have for some time considered If we should try to establish an English podcast, a sort of "Azazel Radio". I could regularily travel to participate in such recordings, for example 2 - 4 times per year.

To me, this seemed like the best option for future outward work (and wielding the present age tools) suggested in this topic. I'd be happy to help. I think we could figure out something simple for visual learners to anchor the attention on that side too.

Yes; this sounds awesome, & I'd be happy to be part of it.

Tulihenki wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:16 pm
This kind of sentence coming from you is so important for me as I have battled so many years with occultism and can I love boobies at the same time. Love Blavatsky but she has made terrible struggles for me.

Some people might consider my approach a bit tactless since I come back to these kind of things regularly, but the reason is the one your mentioned. For me, the breaking point was when after fifteen years of daily pain of trying to live through Blavatskian discipline I ejaculated blood, and that was the day I came to conclusion that she (and other authorities of the same branch) simply seemed not to be familiar with every single human temperament.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
User avatar
Polyhymnia
Soror
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Re: Challenges in the Star of Azazel's International Presence

Post by Polyhymnia »

Insanus wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:20 am
I think it's tough for newcomers to feel personally involved and people vanish because they don't feel like they belong and they might as well just take their share of inspiration from here and do their individual work somewhere else even if they agree with the core ideas, because starting a new lodge immediately might seem very intimidating and the existing ones might not be what they want. Perhaps we could give some instructions or good questions to ponder to those who are considering starting one but don't quite know how or don't dare or whatever the reason may be? Thread for ideas for practical ways of doing the work of uniting opposites? Maybe something along those lines could be helpful to some who would like to act somehow, but feel a bit too much distance.
I think this is a good idea! I have a hard time wrapping my head around which topics would be specifically good and practical. We have so many threads, and what’s helpful would be dependent on the individual. I sometimes find the stuff that errs a little more on the mundane side to be the easiest ice breakers. The “what are you listening to” thread is a gentle way to ease one’s way in. Threads that are a little less abstract. I suppose I’m still figuring out how to unite opposites in my own practice, so I’m interested to hear your ideas for threads.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
User avatar
Insanus
Frater
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:06 am
Location: Helsinki

Re: Challenges in the Star of Azazel's International Presence

Post by Insanus »

Polyhymnia wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:14 pm
Insanus wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:20 am
I think it's tough for newcomers to feel personally involved and people vanish because they don't feel like they belong and they might as well just take their share of inspiration from here and do their individual work somewhere else even if they agree with the core ideas, because starting a new lodge immediately might seem very intimidating and the existing ones might not be what they want. Perhaps we could give some instructions or good questions to ponder to those who are considering starting one but don't quite know how or don't dare or whatever the reason may be? Thread for ideas for practical ways of doing the work of uniting opposites? Maybe something along those lines could be helpful to some who would like to act somehow, but feel a bit too much distance.
I think this is a good idea! I have a hard time wrapping my head around which topics would be specifically good and practical. We have so many threads, and what’s helpful would be dependent on the individual. I sometimes find the stuff that errs a little more on the mundane side to be the easiest ice breakers. The “what are you listening to” thread is a gentle way to ease one’s way in. Threads that are a little less abstract. I suppose I’m still figuring out how to unite opposites in my own practice, so I’m interested to hear your ideas for threads.
Concerning this specific thing, I personally would start from the question what does uniting the opposites even mean in the first place and especially why it's worth your or anyone's time. The hows tend to emerge from whats and whys. For example you could pick a pair of seeming binary opposites like LHP & RHP, and look for a way to see them complementing each other, or as different modes of expression or just not-so-different. Then, take them apart again, insisting on the fundamental differences and then look for a deeper way of doing the same unification and separation thing over and over again until some kind of essence is found, then challenge that essence and so on. Just doing that and writing the intuitions and thought processes down (perhaps even to these forums...) could prove to be valuable. But that's just a small job or practice for someone who is interested and can be done alone as well. What would you be interested in? Or is the lack of clarity exactly the problem perhaps? I'm just trying to think how I could be of some use to others here
With a taste of a poison paradigm
User avatar
Polyhymnia
Soror
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Re: Challenges in the Star of Azazel's International Presence

Post by Polyhymnia »

Insanus wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:17 am
What would you be interested in? Or is the lack of clarity exactly the problem perhaps? I'm just trying to think how I could be of some use to others here
This took me some time to ponder, so my apologies for so much time before a response. Lack of clarity didn’t feel right to me, because there’s a part of me that feels it’s very straightforward, but also another part that gets stuck on some of the practical ways to unite the paths. It usually ends up working out anyway though, just not as I had planned. So perhaps it actually is a lack of clarity and some direction may be helpful for some? It’s hard for me to picture. When I first came to the forums I went through what felt like every thread in the members area, reading as many threads as I could and finding much value in the practices I found there.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Post Reply