Astrological birth charts

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Cerastes

Re: Astrological birth charts

Post by Cerastes »

obnoxion wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:45 am If I remember correctly, I have my Mercury in Pisces, which suits with my affinity to visionary art.
My mercury is in pisces too.
I always had the feeling of having a different view of art and literature. When I go to art exhibitions with friends, I drive everyone crazy, because I look at seemingly simple and mundane paintings until everyone is annoyed and wants to move on. Maybe this is were Pisces comes out to play.

I think that Pisces is also connected to the black aspect, at least I always saw it that way. It is a very spiritual zodiac sign but also very isolated and a bit up in space.
obnoxion wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:45 am I also think that environment counts. I remember when I was in my early teens, we had to move to a very difficult neighbourhood. There was much violence, poverty, mental illness and alcoholism. Many of the adults there were mentaly ill, and they often tried to attack us kids, sometimes with knives. Those were very gruesome and desperate surroundings where one always needed to be on guard. If one is inclined to be an Aries, that sort of environment will make it happen.
Yes, there is no neutral environment, so of course things like that can push a certain planetary power or oppress another. A rough environment wakes up the Aries but in my teenage years I felt naturally drawn to harsh environments, so I guess there is a push and pull effect.
Meanwhile I enjoy quiet places much more and Pisces as well as Saturn are more present. Aries ist mostly present at my job, sports and if I have the feeling that somebody is treated unfair.
obnoxion wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:45 am But I also see a deeper sort of influence in environment. I feel there is a sort of poetic geomancy in the physical surroundings - one that is not unlike astrology. It can reveal a cosmic scale of beauty in the most mundane and seemingly disorganized spaces. Even if one doesn't always sense it, when you do, it becomes impossible to think that it doesn't have a subtle effect on any conscious being. I think great architecture and much of modern art is about becoming awake to this kind of spiritual depth of the mundane.
This is a very piscian statement and I feel the same way. I don't think pure mundanity even exists, it might just be a filter set by our concious mind.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
Cancer

Post by Cancer »

Malja wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:21 pm I believe Cancer is traditionally associated with moon.
Ah yes, thanks! I must have confused the two feminine planets with each other.

Apparently the Moon is connected with memory, motherhood / childhood, routines, and the unconscious. This I find fitting, as I’ve many times had my excessively detailed memory commented by friends. It’s not so much that I remember strictly useful things, like say the time for an appointment, but that atmospheres, feelings, and spaces stick in my mind. One of the most common kinds of (disorderly and unambitious) meditation I practice is ”going places”: mentally traversing memorized or imaginary landscapes, often ones from my childhood. This is tied to an at times almost obsessive nostalgia, which I experience as the driving force behind art. William Blake deriding the ancient Greeks’ conception of the Muses as the daughters of memory never sounded right to me.

A more negative manifestation of Lunar influence in my life could be that I’m prone to addiction and very ”protective” of what I create, which sometimes blocks my ability to express myself. I’ve been in the process of quitting smoking for five years, for example, and am a painfully slow and insecure writer.
Tiden läker inga sår.
Peregrina

Post by Peregrina »

Cerastes wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:53 pm My mercury is in pisces too.
Like wise. Some websites depicted mercury in pisces persons being good listeners and taking the role of a bridge between other people.
This is very much true with me and as is the tendency to absorb influences from the environment, which is sometimes linked to mercury in pisces as well.
Perhaps it's the saturn in the fifth room of creativity and imagination that blocks me from pouring those influences to the arts...
"Luckily" I have mars in aries, if I wouldn't act without thinking I probably wouldn't act at all, being too absent minded and dreamy.

Do you have other planets in pisces? If so, how do they influence in your life?
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Malja wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:48 am Do you have other planets in pisces? If so, how do they influence in your life?
My Mercury is an exception in being alone in Pisces, as the planets in my map tend to cluster in groups of threes or twos. For example, I've got Moon, Lilith and Uranus in Scorpio. Now, Astrology is not a system that I can go to great depths with, but perhaps it is comforting to have this dark trio together in this dark corner, having each other for company. I suppose these are not influences one can easily grasp, but I think my adoration of Gothic fiction might stem from there somewhere.
Cerastes wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:53 pm obnoxion kirjoitti: ↑But I also see a deeper sort of influence in environment. I feel there is a sort of poetic geomancy in the physical surroundings - one that is not unlike astrology. It can reveal a cosmic scale of beauty in the most mundane and seemingly disorganized spaces. Even if one doesn't always sense it, when you do, it becomes impossible to think that it doesn't have a subtle effect on any conscious being. I think great architecture and much of modern art is about becoming awake to this kind of spiritual depth of the mundane.
This is a very piscian statement and I feel the same way. I don't think pure mundanity even exists, it might just be a filter set by our concious mind
I didn't think of it when I wrote it, but it is a really piscian thing to say! I guess this goes to show how huge influence it is, because this sort of realization is the foundation of my life.
Cerastes wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:53 pm I think that Pisces is also connected to the black aspect, at least I always saw it that way. It is a very spiritual zodiac sign but also very isolated and a bit up in space.
For me too. One of the stars in the constellatio is called "the well rope" in Arabic, and for me a sort of intuitive image of the black is a passage to underground source of water, like to the old Vedic Sarasvati river, mythically hidden underground. I've read that the original symbol for pisces was a mer-centaur, such as Bythos who helped in the birth of Venus. It is also, I read, one of the oldest of the constellations to have a historically known sign, so there is an ancient air about it. Mermaids and such have a Lemurian association in legends, which is, if nothing more, certainly an impressive euphenism for ancient.

But I think there are other views to, and I see how Pisces could be for someone the very furthest thing from their idea of the Black impulse.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Malja wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:48 am Do you have other planets in pisces? If so, how do they influence in your life?
Yes, I have natal Jupiter + Mercury in Pisces.
I have the strong tendency to receive more information about people‘s psyche than I actually want and I hate it.
It kept me from working as a psychologist and it creates a huge distance between me and others. This is why Pisces relates to the black aspect from my point of view, it creates a sort of isolation. I’m able to numb it down but if I do so, my whole morality and empathy is numbed down too. I did this in the past and it was very harmful for myself and others. Strong Mars energy without clearly defined moral is no good. I’m very quick to act and this can be valuable as well as it can be problematic. I’m not sure if I can build a bridge between people. I'm definitely not the world’s most social person but as I'm not very emotional, people often ask me for advice, but never for consolation.
obnoxion wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:08 am For me too. One of the stars in the constellatio is called "the well rope" in Arabic, and for me a sort of intuitive image of the black is a passage to underground source of water, like to the old Vedic Sarasvati river, mythically hidden underground. I've read that the original symbol for pisces was a mer-centaur, such as Bythos who helped in the birth of Venus. It is also, I read, one of the oldest of the constellations to have a historically known sign, so there is an ancient air about it. Mermaids and such have a Lemurian association in legends, which is, if nothing more, certainly an impressive euphenism for ancient.

But I think there are other views to, and I see how Pisces could be for someone the very furthest thing from their idea of the Black impulse.
That‘s fascinating. For me it seems like Venus and Moon have the tendency to draw things towards them and make connections (emotional, sexual or mental) while Pisces stands somewhere between two planes, understanding them both but belonging to neither of them. Maybe this it meant by "building bridges". The Pisces sign looks like a connection between two circles.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
Peregrina

Post by Peregrina »

Cerastes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:33 pm
Yes, I have natal Jupiter + Mercury in Pisces.
I have the strong tendency to receive more information about people‘s psyche than I actually want and I hate it.
It kept me from working as a psychologist and it creates a huge distance between me and others. This is why Pisces relates to the black aspect from my point of view, it creates a sort of isolation. I’m able to numb it down but if I do so, my whole morality and empathy is numbed down too.
I can really relate to all of this except that I haven't seen Pisces as the source of my experience of not belonging. Though now that I've come to think about it, it makes sense. I did see a connection between being a Mercury in Pisces type and having a total lack of interest in small talk :lol:
How do you cope without numbing?
I've been doing that quite a lot lately but I know I can't continue like this. Like a frog in a boiling water..
Cerastes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:33 pm That‘s fascinating. For me it seems like Venus and Moon have the tendency to draw things towards them and make connections (emotional, sexual or mental) while Pisces stands somewhere between two planes, understanding them both but belonging to neither of them. Maybe this it meant by "building bridges". The Pisces sign looks like a connection between two circles.
You mean Venus and Moon can make a connection between themselves and some other being while Pisces is able to make a connection between two beings other than itself and stay clear of the two?

Pardon my rusty english, hopefully I can express myself in a understandable way.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

A woman once gave me a detailed birth chart as a gift when I worked at a coffee shop in my teen years. Sadly my former partner destroyed boxes of gifts (set them on fire, how dramatic) and the birth chart was one of the casualties. I was too young and uncaring then to think anything of the birth chart, and I wish I had it now. Perhaps I'll try to get another one. Does anyone have any cool resources they know of online for this task?
Unfortunately my knowledge of astrology pretty much starts and ends with those little zodiac write ups on the paper placemats at Chinese restaurants and the back pages of the newspaper. I've often wondered if the reason for people assuming traits is less celestial in nature and moreso because they grew up reading specific attributes. I'm a Leo, but very close to the Virgo cusp, and I definitely see alot of the stereotypical Leo traits with a touch of Virgo within myself, but how much of that comes from friends saying, "you're such a Leo" my whole life?
But then I also have a very deep love for cats, and I'm not only a Leo but born under the sign of the Tiger. Perhaps a pleasant coincidence, but I've also had a number of acquaintances tell me I have alot of feline qualities. Perhaps just more coincidence. But the older I get the less I believe in coincidence.
Time to start expanding my study! I do love a challenge =D

Side note: I've always felt very moved by the sun. Completely and utterly enthralled by it. However, it literally destroys me. Heat does all kinds of crazy things to my physical body, and I find it interesting that I don't feel empowered by it. It's actually the Moon that I feel the safest in. I don't know if safe is the word I'm looking for, but something like that.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Polyhymnia wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:17 pm Does anyone have any cool resources they know of online for this task?
If you google free astrological birth chart, you will get plenty of results. I've checked out a dozen or so and they all give out the identical chart, as one would expect in this day and age. The difference is that some give more extensive lists of astetoids and different astrological relations in the charts than others.

It is the in depth interpretations that aren't available. I mean, all the ones that I've seen are more or less inflexible and general. But I think that in astrology the symbolic language is interesting in itself, and forms a valuable heritage in itself.

Anyway, decent guidelines to basic interpretation of even the more complex astrological phenomena can be found with simple web searches.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

obnoxion wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:52 pm
Polyhymnia wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:17 pm Does anyone have any cool resources they know of online for this task?
If you google free astrological birth chart, you will get plenty of results. I've checked out a dozen or so and they all give out the identical chart, as one would expect in this day and age. The difference is that some give more extensive lists of astetoids and different astrological relations in the charts than others.

It is the in depth interpretations that aren't available. I mean, all the ones that I've seen are more or less inflexible and general. But I think that in astrology the symbolic language is interesting in itself, and forms a valuable heritage in itself.

Anyway, decent guidelines to basic interpretation of even the more complex astrological phenomena can be found with simple web searches.
Good to know they are all more or less that same. I went with the first one that came up on my google search and am kind of blown away by the results so far hahaha
HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?! This is very much describing me.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Malja wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:50 pm How do you cope without numbing?
I've been doing that quite a lot lately but I know I can't continue like this. Like a frog in a boiling water..
I did not find an easy way to cope with this. It is challenging and will most likely stay challenging.
Numbing it down is not an option, because I‘ve already seen the results and they are not acceptabel. At least I found a few stretegies, which make it a little more bearable. My current job is all about numbers, divices, calculations and stone-cold business - not much about people. While this is very negative for others, it is relaxing for me. In addition, not unlike brother obnoxion, I find some peace in art and literature and even in the simple, seemingly mundane things. And because I can‘t change the world we live in, I decided to laugh at it‘s absurdity rather than to abhore it for it‘s wretchedness. Humor is a good way to have a positive impact on other people so they don't feel pushed away by my slightly distanced attitude.
Malja wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:50 pm You mean Venus and Moon can make a connection between themselves and some other being while Pisces is able to make a connection between two beings other than itself and stay clear of the two?
In my own interpretation Pisces does not need much stimulation to drift from mundanity to spirituality and it is able to sense connections without being a part of the said connections - A listener or a spectrator more than an actor. I'm not sure if this makes sense to anyone else though. There are many different fascets to it.
Malja wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:50 pm Pardon my rusty english, hopefully I can express myself in a understandable way.
Yes, you can.
For some reason, Finns seem to guess their own English skills much lower than they actually are.
Do you have a lot of mean English teachers up there? :D

Cancer wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:24 am A more negative manifestation of Lunar influence in my life could be that I’m prone to addiction and very ”protective” of what I create, which sometimes blocks my ability to express myself. I’ve been in the process of quitting smoking for five years, for example, and am a painfully slow and insecure writer.
This does not sound negative to me, maybe because I‘m the opposite extreme. Your comments are always very thoughtful and empathic. It is obvious that you think about what you write a lot. The tendency for addication also marks the ability to manifest good habits, so even this can be turned around.