Partners with different belief systems

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Soror O

Re: Partners with different belief systems

Post by Soror O »

Polyhymnia wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:05 pm
Ave wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:01 pm
(Kind of frustrated right now, and listening Ulver.)
I love Ulver!
Ave wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:01 pm In this thread other noted that being a part of fraternity/sorority has took off some pressure from their close relationships. The finding of a like-spirited communion is still a work in process for me. Even though I have experienced connection here in AT/AS's forum, in real life I live a quite isolated life.
I think the physical element of connectedness really does play a big part in the spiritual path. I know that personally I feel an almost hunger for face to face spiritual interaction, and I have one dear friend who I'm able to discuss such matters with face to face, but beyond that I'm pretty isolated myself. At least in that sense. That's why the idea of a Lodge based structure is so appealing to me so one can merge the physical interaction with the mental and spiritual.
Thank you for being there (here), sister. Your words consoled me in a difficult time.
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Ave wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:33 pm Thank you for being there (here), sister. Your words consoled me in a difficult time.
I'm really glad to hear it <3 I hope difficulties have lessened for you this week!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Segel

Post by Segel »

In some way I almost envy those people who have been married like for 60 years. People who gave themselves and each other a promise to love and stay together whatever happens. How does love grow and change its shape when, for example, physical love fades. What these people can teach each other about love, how they find love in the midst of all the difficulties, what sacrifices they are ready to make. Grass often looks greener on the other side of the fence and nowadays it's so easy to jump into a relationship and switch partner all over again when it becomes difficult.

In theosophical literature i have often come across the instruction "do not share your life with non-believers". I don't understand this guide, maybe the times were different 100 years ago or I'm not at that point on my journey yet.
I want to believe that the spirit pierces everything, even my secular bond.
I've been with my partner together for about 7 years. He has no greater interest in spiritual matters. Sometimes we have disputes, lack of understanding and even power struggles, also because we look at the world differently. Some days i feel like i should gather my bones and go to live alone in the forest, Lapland or somewhere, where there are no other people around at all, but I think the same inconveniences would come to me at some point, in some form, even if i were totally alone. In a way I think that because I was in this situation, in this marital status at the time I first started to explore more spirituality and a the Path, this is a situation where I should be in this life, or at least in this point. All of these challenges are part of my mission to a greater understanding. I appreciate that my partner is giving me time and space as much as i need it (and i need it a lot) when i want to be alone and he's not afraid of these themes in my life. I do not have to share all my thoughts and stuff with my partner but i dont need to hide example books on anything in my our home.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Segel wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:38 pm I appreciate that my partner is giving me time and space as much as i need it (and i need it a lot) when i want to be alone and he's not afraid of these themes in my life. I do not have to share all my thoughts and stuff with my partner but i dont need to hide example books on anything in my our home.
I'm very much in this same boat as well. I really feel that being given this freedom to just exist as an occultist without fear of judgment or negativity within my home life is enough.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Polyhymnia wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:38 am
Segel wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:38 pm I appreciate that my partner is giving me time and space as much as i need it (and i need it a lot) when i want to be alone and he's not afraid of these themes in my life. I do not have to share all my thoughts and stuff with my partner but i dont need to hide example books on anything in my our home.
I'm very much in this same boat as well. I really feel that being given this freedom to just exist as an occultist without fear of judgment or negativity within my home life is enough.
Same with me.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

(tldr: irrational lament about profane men and notions about love)

Been hanging too much in the web-dating scene. It's even harder than ever before, because my pseudo(?)-satanism has made me even more allergic to what one might call a profane lifestyle/mindset. Even that very nice statement which one of my so called matches made about he having "sympathy for vegans" made me wanna drop the converstation right there because it felt so ridiculous. And I have a hard time taking seriously someone who regards himself an agnostic or atheist (which makes about the 98% of the men in the dating scene). Political activity is also a red flag. Like is any lifestyle jargon about feminism or whatever popular bs. Nor I'm thrilled for the _spiritual_ dude who has no ambitions what so ever.

Seems like my satanism has made it even harder to relate to potential men. The common ground which I can share with a profane man seems so shallow, boring and empty. Yet, even a man's satanism or theism cannot give one a promise for a fullfillment, as there are as many interpretations of true theism as there are people. This new found difficulity in relating to profane men has made me question my faith. Can a faith which seems to separe me from the vast majority of fellow humans be a legit, true faith? Or is it just a one reflection of my infantile defences... I know that no-one can answer for my sake, I just wanted to share my confusion as this thread deals with this subject.

Been thinking about romantic love a lot lately. One night, I felt like my heart burst open and I incountered love. Apart from the "love" that I seek from form, this love was already fullfilled, unseparated, not seeking, not wanting. It did not need any particular form to attach to. It just was, and in that moment I knew that I don't need love, because it already is. I have kind of known this all along, but it was different to experience so vividly. But the experience dissolved (as experiences do) and I was left with this rotten human condition, seeking something that is nowhere to be seen.

I made a decision never to settle for nothing than a perfect union. (And I know that it is something that must be build within.) I have held the idea of a soulmate dear. It seems only logical that it also will be taken away from me in this path. If there's a one constant in this path it is the dissolution of all things, ideas - mental posessions. Yes, something new is "formed" from the dissoluted matter, as always.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Segel wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:38 pmIn theosophical literature i have often come across the instruction "do not share your life with non-believers".

Huh? I think we have read different theosophy, for I don't remember ever coming across such instruction in their teachings. Theosophical literature that I have read stresses the loving sacrifice in marriage: the happiness in serving one's chosen spouse. This has very beautiful – as well as problematic!! – possibilities.

Segel wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:38 pm in this marital status at the time I first started to explore more spirituality and a the Path, this is a situation where I should be in this life, or at least in this point.

It might be part of my own Taurian (committing & romantic) nature, that I start to think of the possibility of marriage almost as soon as I am in a relationship.

Ave wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:13 pmBeen hanging too much in the web-dating scene. It's even harder than ever before, because my pseudo(?)-satanism has made me even more allergic to what one might call a profane lifestyle/mindset.

I'm very new to web-dating scene myself, but the little I have seen indicates a certain lack of balance in what we know of our potential partners. There is too much some information and too little of much else (including that extremely imprtant energetical presence, which most of all creates the astral glamour of romantic/erotic fascination). The problem is the same that it is with so many other internet time challenges: a seeming plenitude that is almost purely horizontal, and therefore gives a shallow picture of reality.

Ave wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:13 pmCan a faith which seems to separe me from the vast majority of fellow humans be a legit, true faith?

Once again I'd like to make a whole new thread about this; would that be ok? I mean, this sentence comes back to many other things besides romance.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Nefastos wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:25 am
It might be part of my own Taurian (committing & romantic) nature, that I start to think of the possibility of marriage almost as soon as I am in a relationship.
I'm not sure how Taurus relates to me, but I'm similar in this manner. For me it is the creative powers bursting in me in the formation of a new relationship, which often needs toning down especially in the culture of today that is so entrenched in the fear of commitment. Still I can't help but give the thoughts some space, because killing them would kill the romantic formation happening all together.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

Nefastos wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:25 am
Ave wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:13 pmCan a faith which seems to separe me from the vast majority of fellow humans be a legit, true faith?

Once again I'd like to make a whole new thread about this; would that be ok? I mean, this sentence comes back to many other things besides romance.

Gladly.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Then, once more into spin we go: Faith & Separation.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"