Sports / physical exercise

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Cerastes

Re: Sports / physical exercise

Post by Cerastes »

Polyhymnia wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:00 pm Could you recommend some reading to acquaint myself more with linga sharira? Or perhaps has anyone read anything in regards to physical/spiritual correspondences?
As I did not read much about it either, I can only give you my personal experiene.
I find some sort of connection between the physical and the spiritual in nature and therfore in outdoor sports or in working with animals. I tried going to a fitness club as well as playing in a volleyball team and I hated it. Why would I throw this stupid ball over a net over and over again or lift weights just to train my muscles? Team sport sucks and fitness clubs are so damn boring.
Instead, I adore the rough weather and the loneliness in the mountains, the temperament of a wild horse or the deep darkness of a pine tree forest. It does not feel like sports, it's just a natural movement.

If you like Yoga, you could take your Yoga mat out in the forest to a sacred place and enjoy the resonance with this place.

Brother Aquila wrote a excellent Blog about the relation of occultism and nature:
„To exploit and reinterpret a commonly misunderstood quote from the Bible I hereby state that we should ”fill the earth” i.e. our physical bodies – linga sharîra, the outer vessel of Àtma, with buddhi and then we’ll ”rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground” for this is symbolic to the unity of our development in connection with the animal kingdom and what our position and responsibility toward them and nature is.“
https://sieidilodge.wordpress.com/
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
Krepusculum

Post by Krepusculum »

Without physical exercise of some sort I tend to get out of balance as my energy levels are quite high. I've been sick the last few days and slightly fustrated I'm not getting the movement the body is used to. There was a time I negelected it and then the energy seeks other ways to put itself to work by becoming extremely introspective to a point of lethargy as others have pointed out also.

I used to do all my activities outside even in the winter. I have now switched to a different training method to enhance certain less developed parts of my body. Physical exercise has never been about sports per se but self overcoming. The last decade the goals of the flesh have become a vehicle for the aspirations of the spirit and vice versa. It has become impossible for me to separate my occult endeavours from bodily awarenes and growth. As I experience more physical awareness the higher aspects of my being are also more attuned and feel as if my my whole being functions better as a whole.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I've taken up swimming quite regularly, and I find it incredibly spiritual. Becoming one with the element of water, I find I'm able to get into something very close to a meditative state, even though my body remains active. You know. To prevent myself from drowning :lol:
But I really find it to be a great example of finding the sacred within the mundane. The only thing that could possibly make it better would be to be in a different body of water. Perhaps one with less chlorine and less people battling for lane supremacy.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Polyhymnia wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:09 pm The only thing that could possibly make it better would be to be in a different body of water. Perhaps one with less chlorine and less people battling for lane supremacy.
It really does make a big difference wheather the water is sterilized with chlorine or not. It’s like the difference between a stone and a brick, I always prefer the natural form because it carries a whole lot of information and therefore spiritual meaning inside. (In addition, chlorine hurts my eyes and makes them look like I was visiting Amsterdam)
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Cerastes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:40 pm (In addition, chlorine hurts my eyes and makes them look like I was visiting Amsterdam)
I've been recently told that it is not so much the chlorine but the urine in the pools that gives one the weed eyes...
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

obnoxion wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:50 pm I've been recently told that it is not so much the chlorine but the urine in the pools that gives one the weed eyes...
Oh, that makes it much better. :lol: Let's hope for Polyhymnia's eyes that the Canadians don't piss in the pool as much as the obviously Germans do.
Hm, okay I might have ruined the spirituality of swimming.

Sorry for that, sister. Please don't think about urine while swimming. :mrgreen:
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Cerastes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:06 pm obnoxion kirjoitti: ↑I've been recently told that it is not so much the chlorine but the urine in the pools that gives one the weed eyes...
Oh, that makes it much better. Let's hope for Polyhymnia's eyes that the Canadians don't piss in the pool as much as the obviously Germans do.
I am pretty certain that the taboo against pissing in the swimming pool is stronger in North America than it is in Europe..
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

obnoxion wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:38 pm I am pretty certain that the taboo against pissing in the swimming pool is stronger in North America than it is in Europe..
Yes, I’m sure Canada is at the lower end of the pool-pissing range. It’s probably just a traditional European thing, coming from early 18th century were people tried to warm up their bath tubs with this method. The Germans still celebrate the said developement when the meet for Octoberfest in Munich once a year to drink a high amount of beer and piss in the Isar river afterwards. We have such a rich culture.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

LOL thank you both so much for the concern about my eyes :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we frown upon that here in North America, but I definitely swam right into an uncomfortably warm spot right beside a too comfortable looking older gentleman the other day. Thank the sweet dark Lord for chlorine in instances like that. And soap. And hot showers.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Mars

Post by Mars »

I have a love/hate relationship with my physical body, so there have been years of both tamasic lethargy and rajasic activity in my life. Martial arts etc. Nowadays I try to keep things in balance and find the middle path. I see no need to deprive the body of its basic needs, so I give it moderate exercise, healthy food and rest. Even though in theory I think of my body as a prison, in practice I believe its a lot better to cooperate with it instead of disregarding it out of principle.