Drugs

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Insanus

Re: Drugs

Post by Insanus »

crow wrote:
Kenazis wrote: Caffeine might be good instead of cocaine.
I prefer this point of view.
What comes to Geburah, I'm with you. But I think that with Chockmah it's more difficult, caffeine won't work there IMO.
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Insanus wrote:
crow wrote:
Kenazis wrote: Caffeine might be good instead of cocaine.
I prefer this point of view.
What comes to Geburah, I'm with you. But I think that with Chockmah it's more difficult, caffeine won't work there IMO.
Mix Kola nut powder to black coffee. It will become far more stimulating. For me Kola nut is only legal herb that really works as energizing and heavily stimulating.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Jiva

Post by Jiva »

I totally forgot about the chamomile and valerian tea part of this thread. I've now tried both a few times and while I didn't have much reaction to valerian, chamomile tea helps send me to sleep – it feels like I have an extra 20 kilos in my legs. Actually, the valerian had other flavours added so I guess some of these might've contained sugars that counteracted anything that would help me sleep.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

If you don't want to get tired, I recommend mixing chamomile with green tea. It's perfect.
Heith

Post by Heith »

Jiva wrote:I totally forgot about the chamomile and valerian tea part of this thread. I've now tried both a few times and while I didn't have much reaction to valerian, chamomile tea helps send me to sleep – it feels like I have an extra 20 kilos in my legs. Actually, the valerian had other flavours added so I guess some of these might've contained sugars that counteracted anything that would help me sleep.
From my experience, you need to take Valerian every evening, and it starts to work after a while. I also recommend melatonin, because it helps build up serotonin which is quite important.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Fra. Kenazis, where do you get kola nut? I've become very interested in natural stimulants and relaxants (I mean stuff that isn't drugs), because they don't fuck with my head. I tried valerian, but won't continue using it because it causes addiction and I don't really need anything to help me sleep.
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Benemal wrote:Fra. Kenazis, where do you get kola nut? I've become very interested in natural stimulants and relaxants (I mean stuff that isn't drugs), because they don't fuck with my head. I tried valerian, but won't continue using it because it causes addiction and I don't really need anything to help me sleep.
This is pretty good and thrustworthy place to order different herbs: http://azarius.net/smartshop/herbs/ener ... s/kolanut/
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

I'm reviving this old topic to discuss a substance which I've found a common nominator amongst some spiritual aspirants, even though observing the discussions on (mostly American) internet forums. There has been several cases in which when a newcomer has been asking what is the key to spiritual enlightenment, the reply has simply been DMT.

Now, I'm not sure if we've had this discussion already on the Finnish forum, but I wanted especially to bring it to the international side to possibly also get feedback from our international users. Are you familiar with this substance? Is the use of it common?

After brief conversations with fra Kenazis I learned that this is a substance of which there has been research, that it might be emitting in the brain at the moment of death. Since the substance is highly hallucinogenic, this would explain the "near death experiences" that many survivors of a brief moment of death have witnessed. Kenazis also mentioned an author already in this thread, Terence McKenna, who has written some (non-scientific) literature on the subject.

This is much explained in the Wikipedia article here, but DMT seems to be, as used in the modern Western world, a synthesised, highly hallucinogenic substance, the effect of which lasts for a relatively short time (5-15 minutes). The article also mentions that:
Wikipedia wrote:"it has been consumed by indigenous Amazonian Indian cultures in the form of ayahuasca for divinatory and healing purposes."
So maybe there is a possibility that some sort of a connection to spirituality can be found after all?

What I'm asking here is, is this drug becoming a sort of a shortcut to spiritual experience? Doesn't it attach the experience closely to the abuse, thus making the whole aspiration a sort of an escapist fieldtrip?

As a clarification, I don't use drugs myself, but I don't condemn it either. It is okay if it works for someone, but it most certainly doesn't work for me. But yes, feel free to comment. I'd be happy to hear everybody's comments on this, whatever their nature may be..
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

I have really no experience with hallucinogens, but what I have heard even my friends speaking is, that it is some kind of miraculous drug which makes people god-like after experiencing this life-turning trip.
Transforming Stalin and Hitler-figures into peace-loving Christ and Buddha-like figures.
I am not skeptic about how powerful DMT and Ayahuasca can be, but how it actually affects human mind.
Heith

Post by Heith »

Well, I know people who use hallucinogens on a regular basis. And I have to say that while they are nice people, I would hardly classify them as gods :)