Drugs

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Kenazis

Re: Drugs

Post by Kenazis »

I didn't remember correctly when I said (via phone) to RZ that Albert Hoffman was the author of DMT - the Spirit molecule. It was Rick Strassman https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Strassman.

"He is also the author of the well known book "DMT: Spirit Molecule" which summarizes his academic research into DMT and includes his own reflections and conclusions based on this research."

This book is the one, if someone wants to dig deeper on the subject. I haven't read it myself though, and I have never tried the DMT either, so my knowledge about the substance is extremely minimal.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

Heith wrote:Well, I know people who use hallucinogens on a regular basis. And I have to say that while they are nice people, I would hardly classify them as gods :)
Well, maybe I exaggerated a bit too much... :D
Kenazis wrote:"He is also the author of the well known book "DMT: Spirit Molecule" --
This book has been on my reading list for quite a long time already. I have seen the document, but I could guess the book dissects details more precisely and academically.
Demergon

Post by Demergon »

I am very pro-hallucinogenics. Natural ones that is. But I do however view them as a way of looking at things, a kind of spectator mode with no possibility to edit, if that makes any sense?

So in a way I think you can combine them with occult work, but not in a way that would be disrespectful or harmful, i.e. doing any kind of ritual work or magic while under the influence of any such product. I don't want to promote the use of any substances, nor do I want to disencourage people who want to try them.

DMT is a very, very powerful experience - it can not easily be compared to anything really.
Betänk: Lifvets korthet, dödens visshet, evighetens längd!