Herbs, plants & herbalism

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Silvaeon

Re: Herbs, plants & herbalism

Post by Silvaeon »

I've never smoked marijuana and I never will. The same goes for using any substance which would alter my consciousness or perception such as alchohol, any other drugs or hallucinogens, natural or not. This is just a conviction of mine and ultimately unimportant to the conversation here. That said, I've known many people who use medicinal marijuana for pain and for anxiety, and they all report positive results.

I do have some experience with CBD however. Without digging too much into it, CBD is the part of the plant which gives you the "chill" without the high. THC is the ingredient which gives you the high. I took CBD for a little while around this time last year after some very negative experiences with painkillers while I had a broken collarbone. I didn't want to keep having to take the painkillers, but I still needed something to help with the pain. I would say that it did help. I was still in pain of course, but it helped manage it anyways. And I also noticed my anxiety did decrease, although it was still present. It just helped me to feel a bit calmer.

I tried both CBD oil, and a pill form - the oil was stronger and more immediate while the pills took a while to work. The oil was also more expensive and I went through it faster.

It's not a miracle cure by any means, but I would say it did help. If it wasn't so expensive and difficult to get in my part of the world, I would probably still take some every so often.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

For Hazael, you don't need to smoke anything. A lot of people are using vaporizers these days. And then you can just eat it too. Then it'll be much slower taking effect. I don't know about medical. I've only used deliberately, for healing, a handfull of times. I've smoked weed a lot and fact is, it has some negative effects too. If it wasn't so relaxing, I probably would have quit. Nothing else is so relaxing. I only sleep well after weed. Dreamless sleep and then I wake up actually rested, because my night wasn't filled with demons, which they have been for thirty years. I'm not trying to excuse using. I don't do that. Truth is it's never been just a little before sleep, more like in the movies, getting high all the time with different people, talking shit and laughing. That was central in life. Now it seems like that's over. I feel too old to be out all night, because nowadays I'm suspicous of people like that. It's a young man's game. Oh shit I've turned old.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

I just wantd to clarify. From the above post, one can get the impression I was a drugged up bum, doing nothing but giggling at dumb shit. It's the opposite. I was much more active and "useful", than now, when nothing has taken the place of the former lifestyle.