Introductions

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Nox

Re: Introductions

Post by Nox »

Welcome for you too, Kaosoth! Hopefully you find your time here pleasant and intresting!
Dracerium

Post by Dracerium »

Hello, I'm Dracerium, knowed as Linda with brotherhood. I'm young mother who lives in Helsinki.
My trip with occultism began with wicca, and some of that religion are easy to see on my work with brotherhood. I also hobby some divination with tarot-cards.

My interests are on japanese arts (manga) and animals. Animals I have on my own home some too. I have 2 cats, 2 bunnies and some little animals.

Music which I listen goes hand in hand with my moods. Usually I listen heavy metal but I have seen that if I am more happy, as I am now, I start to listen techno and that kind music.

I also play game called World of Warcraft on roleplaying now where I hope my english goes little bit better.

I have moved so much in Finland on my life so I am bit restless soul if it can be said like that.
Sitä saa mitä tilaa
Azoth

Post by Azoth »

Greetings, I'm Azoth from the western, windswept, Celtic portion of the UK known as Wales. As the name I use suggests, the ultimate goal of my Initiation is the Alchemical union of the Self with the Spirit as symbolised by names and symbols such as the Universal Solvent, the Fluid, Mercury or the Primordial Waters that prefigured the manifested Universe in so many ancient myths.

Seeking the 'Philosopher's Stone' is, to me, something I refer to as seeking the Abyss. This is essentially the same, in my approach, as returning one's utmost Essence to the Primordial Waters, and is the realm of pure Spirit that emanated from the Pleroma - the fullness of Divine Being. From the Abyss emanated the Spiritual entities we call Gods or Aeons, and to seek the Abyss inevitably means seeking communion with those Beings.

Being a dark place, the Abyss is better apprehended by a dark path that separates Spiritual and Material concerns in the Psyche in a way that shocks us out of inertia and despondency. This is the Dissolution aspect of the alchemical formula 'Solve et Coagula', that the Self needs to experience before it can be unified with Spirit. As it is a dark path full of sinister symbolism, I believe Satanism is a highly valuable method for creating the kind of separation that one's Being requires to experience the numinous. Thus Satan - a dark God of the Abyss - is an Initator, perhaps one of the mightiest, to the path of Divinity.

Perhaps what captured my attention the most about the Star of Azazel is its concept of Unity, which reflects my own beliefs regarding the Divine as a panentheistic and transcendent force that is beyond personification or human concepts such as Good and Evil. Whatever tools, symbols or systems we use to aid us in understanding God, through Gnosis – which I identify as a deep experiential conviction regarding the nature of the Divine – I believe the truths of the nature of the Spirit are laid out far more openly than they are in any doctrinal ‘faith’, which leaves far too much room available for falsehood, abuse and corruption. The convictions one develops through Gnosis are based on the deepest, innermost ‘knowledge’ gained from recognition of and communion with the Sacred and is made ‘real’ through the shaping of spirit, actions and outlook in the theatre of life.

My background has involved forays into Satanism, Setianism, Odinism and Roman Catholicism, and I currently find myself in a place where those paths have merged in a heretical, panentheistic, Gnostic, Alchemical conglomeration of those elements.

CG Jung is a major influence and, like so many others, I don't think I'd have ever taken such an interest in spiritual matters such as Tradition, Beauty and Truth if it wasn't for the masterly works of JRR Tolkien.

Other interests include running, weight training, playing guitar/bass and writing. Music is a huge part of my life and my preferences range from obscure 70's prog and psychedelia through to Black Metal. I currently have a nascent Black Metal project taking shape.

I welcome all contact from members of the Brotherhood!
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph - Robert E. Howard, Beyond the Black River.
Fomalhaut

Post by Fomalhaut »

welcome to the forum Kaosoth, Dracerium and Azoth!
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
Tlazoltecuhtli

Post by Tlazoltecuhtli »

Hi, my name is Cristian Velasco and I'm from Mexico City. My calling to the left handed path started at a very young age, even if i wasn't able to understand it at that time. I have always been way too empathic and loving for my peers, but I also have a rebellious and inquisitive nature that makes me question everything and reject all knowledge that doesn't resonate as true. IT took time, but I was able to break myself free from the entrapments of self-righteousness and false piety that the christian church promotes. I still admire the Archetype of Christ and it saddens me to watch "his church" act in the very same way the enemies of Christ did. I think that if Christ were to return, his own church would crucify him.

My occult knowledge has been self-schooled; the process of learning has been through self-examination. I have always had a thirst for truth, and I seek it with zeal. The paradigm of Chaos Magick is the one that resonates most true to me, as it is the one that best explains my experiences with magick. I also have great respect for the works of Thomas Karlsson and Michael Aquino.

Discordianism is my religion of choice; I have much to thank Mal-2 and Ravenhurst, because their creative nonsense stopped me from falling into obsession or taking that which I am - and that which I'm not - too seriously. When knowledge enters, hubris follows unless you can expel it with the force of Laughter.

Gods for me are no more than Archetypes and I think that faith is the vehicle that man uses to infuse those Archetypes with power. These God/Archetypes produce emotions when invoked; and in the purity of that emotion one can find the meaning behind that particular Archetype.

For me Satan embodies the destruction of the self and Lucifer embodies the knowledge that brings enlightment. These conjoint Archetype is much like that of Shiva and Brahma, rational thought and creative Intuition, Metanoia and Remanifestation. Through the constant iteration of these states of mind one may walk through the path of enlightment.

My interests are Roleplaying Games, table-top games, League of Legends, reading, studying, and searching for adventure wherever it may hide :D
Jiva

Post by Jiva »

Hi, I'm Jiva, from the East Anglian region of the UK. As my name suggests I have most experience with Hindu writings and practices, however I also have some knowledge of general Indo-European mythology, Christianity, Buddhism and Judaism to lesser extents.

As in Azoth's introduction, what attracted me to the Star of Azazel and this forum was the recognition of unity, but also the lack of idolatry and the emphasis of love; all stances that I feel many individuals and groups neglect, either deliberately due to fanaticism or simply accidentally.

Regarding influences, as with many people who begin to follow this path, Carl Jung, who I luckily discovered while doing some research at university around two years ago, is key. Prior to this I had studied Hinduism at school, read plenty of Norse mythology, Nietzsche, Goethe, Dostoevsky etc. without anything clicking into place. In fact, I wasn't aware anything could spiritually occur. At this point, after years of depression, I was coasting through life with a kind of selfish, nihilistic and hedonistic fatalism. Jung completely changed this and forced re-readings and re-evaluations which had an immediate effect on my entire life.

I sometimes find myself getting carried away with intellectualism and neglect actual practise which I constantly seek to correct. Because of this I've suspended some projects and a possible return to university life. One of the methods I am using is to keep a dream and vision diary that records both significant and banal experiences, then eventually writing the former up in a special document complete with illustrations. Essentially this is mimicking Jung's Red Book, something he suggested his patients attempt.

Aside from the above I play the guitar and bass, and lift weights. I was formerly involved with martial arts but a back injury has prevented me from training for almost three years.

Previously, I've literally only had one conversation regarding anything mentioned above, so I look forward to leaning a lot and hopefully reciprocating.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
Sebomai

Post by Sebomai »

Hello, I am Alocer, a 40 year old male living in California, USA. I am a Leo and a musician who makes no money doing what I do! :lol: But I love doing it!

For most of my life, at least 30 years, I've been interesting in all things Satanic, the dark side, etc. I don't know exactly how or why it started except that I was a child growing up Roman Catholic and, despite finding it a beautiful faith aesthetically, I knew much of it was horribly misguided. I asked a lot of questions and didn't find the answers satisfactory. I still at two times later in my life tried to force myself to return to this faith and failed miserably! No surprises there!

I am interested deeply in all things occult. Philosophy, ranging from the Ancient Greeks up to more modern Post-Structuralist and Deconstructionist thought, and everything in-between. Religion and theology of all kinds: Catholic (Of course!), Gnostic, Hindu, Buddhist, Pagan (Especially your Finnish paganism!). And art of all kinds, but particularly the written word and music. My love of music has led me to start my own musical project, with its own small core group of fans who appreciate my hellish racket. :)

Anyway, I'm excited to be here to learn and share!
Fomalhaut

Post by Fomalhaut »

Welcome to the forum Alocer!
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Welcome Alocer!
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Sebomai

Post by Sebomai »

Thank you for the welcomes! You all have made me feel very at home here already. :)