Introductions

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Jiva

Re: Introductions

Post by Jiva »

Welcome both.

And Hoenir, your English is a lot better than you give yourself credit for (which seems to be a national trait in Finland :P).
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
Heith

Post by Heith »

Hoenir wrote: Frater Wyrmfang have used lots of mental and physical violence to force me here, and i just couldnt take it anymore.
Oh dear, this sounds serious :)

Well jokes aside, welcome to the English forum Hoenir & Invitus. Nice that you decided to join here, it's been a little quiet as of late. Hoenir, don't worry about your English. It's perfectly understandable.
Circaeon

Post by Circaeon »

Greetings fellow practitioners,

G.A. Eriksson here. 35 years old and an active practitioner and student of the occult since 1994. While I have experience from several explored esoteric traditions, such as traditional Satanism, Sabbatical Witchcraft, The Path of the Middle Pillar and more, the main focus has for a about a decade been upon Qliphotic Qabalah and, as subfocus, the dark side of Norse tradition. My spiritual vocation manifested itself when I was but a small child, via a stable preference for occult themes and aesthetics in entertainment such as literature, movies, music, comic books and toys. I also had several quite traumatic encounters of paranormal nature, which stoked my inquisitiveness and turned childish fascination into obsession.

I am a member of Ordo Draconis et Atri Adamantis, more commonly known as Dragon Rouge. I work as a freelance art director / typesetter and will in a matter of months initiate religious studies at the university. It's never too late, as a wise man once said. Hobbies include arcane literature, antique furniture, music, European cinema, various (other) forms of art and fitness.

I am also father to a son (8) and located in Västra Götaland, Sweden.

PS.

Nefastos, a compliment from me to you, on Fosforos, which is indeed a most excellent piece of literature, with a brilliant balance between academia and esoterica. An impressive contribution to the western occult sphere. I look forward to the future (English) translations. My deepest respect.

Ho Drakon Ho Megas.
Last edited by Circaeon on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heith

Post by Heith »

Welcome on the forums Circaeon! Very interesting to have members of other occult societies partake here. I look forward to reading more from you.

Västra Götaland is somewhat familiar to me, as I lived in the area for a couple of years.
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

Salve Circaeon also from my behalf. It's nice to see new faces here, after a period of silence.
Hope our discussions will find you well..
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Circaeon

Post by Circaeon »

Heith wrote:Welcome on the forums Circaeon! Very interesting to have members of other occult societies partake here. I look forward to reading more from you.

Västra Götaland is somewhat familiar to me, as I lived in the area for a couple of years.
Thank you very much (to all who welcome me). Yes, it seems to be a constructive and interesting forum, with an overall excellent attitude between members. Glad to be here.
Sothoth

Post by Sothoth »

Välkommen till vårt forum, Circaeon!
Silvaeon

Post by Silvaeon »

Greetings, everyone!

My name is Evan. I'm a 26 year old male, living on Vancouver Island, Canada.

I grew up in a Lutheran religious environment, church every Sunday etc. I was 'confirmed' as a member of the church at age 15, but stopped believing not long after this as I started to become more comfortable with thinking critically for myself. I started asking questions and wasn't satisfied with the answers. Some years later, I found a copy of my confirmation speech and was horrified at the blind faith I had professed. I believe this kind of blind faith to be spiritually deadening, which is why a long period of a total lack of spirituality followed for me. Matters of the spirit were not important, I was only interested in living material life to the best of my ability day by day, believing this was all there is. When it's all over, the body dies and that's it. I subscribed to science and atheism.

It took time, but I began to realize this type of thinking was as much of a dead-end as the Christianity I'd left behind. It was blind faith in science, and it did not have the answers I was seeking regarding the burning fire I feel inside, the desire to create and express, or the immense energy felt when in a particularily beautiful setting in nature. I love hiking and being out in nature, and I credit that interest as the beginning of my awakening - how can the spirit be denied when it is all around, so plain to see? I find getting out to the mountains to always be the most humbling of experiences.

This developing pantheistic view, along with some very difficult and emotional times over the last few years (death of family members, dissolution of relationships, struggling with anxiety and depression for all of my adult life) led me to develop an interest in occultism, which I have begun to explore more and more over the last year and a half. There seems to be a lot of dead ends disguised as occultism as well (Lavey Satanism, the Greater Church of Lucifer, to name a few which I've spent some time looking into) but after quite a bit of digging, I discovered the Star of Azazel and here I am. I've read through Fosforos and the CoL a few times now, and they've become quite important to me - they hit me like a revelation, and I am certain that this is something I want to spend a lot of time exploring as I know this is just the beginning of my journey.

I come here humbly, somewhere between the awakening and neophyte stages of development as described in Fosforos, looking forward to reading through the forums and learning from everyone. Apologies in advance for all the stupid questions I'll probably ask, as I am an absolute beginner. But it seems like a wonderful community, and I am very excited to be here.

Less important details: I am a Sagittarius. I love hiking, nature, playing guitar (poorly), listening to music (metal, punk, clssical, psych...), reading fantasy, old kung fu movies, and have also developed a heavy interest in zen buddhism and meditation.
Heith

Post by Heith »

Welcome ShieldAnvil!

It's always nice to have more people write here on our forum, be they members or not, because it brings in more variety and possibly, new ways to look at things. There is no shame in being "a beginner", everyone must start from somewhere. Also I think often people who are a beginners still have the courage to ask "stupid questions", and they can bring new angles and ways of thinking with them. I've been studying for some years, and I still consider myself very much a beginner. Occult search often seems to me like a puzzle which keeps growing larger and larger as one discovers new pieces and where to fit them.

I share your love for nature, but I'm a monotheist in a sense that, I think everything is part of that great spirit which dwells everywhere, fills everything- and whose many faces are the many gods and all living beings, whether they realise it or not. And yeah I had a time when I watched a lot of old kung fu films. Legend of the Drunken Master, was my favourite I think!
Demergon

Post by Demergon »

ShieldAnvil wrote:Greetings, everyone!

I grew up in a Lutheran religious environment, church every Sunday etc. I was 'confirmed' as a member of the church at age 15, but stopped believing not long after this as I started to become more comfortable with thinking critically for myself. I started asking questions and wasn't satisfied with the answers. Some years later, I found a copy of my confirmation speech and was horrified at the blind faith I had professed. I believe this kind of blind faith to be spiritually deadening, which is why a long period of a total lack of spirituality followed for me. Matters of the spirit were not important, I was only interested in living material life to the best of my ability day by day, believing this was all there is. When it's all over, the body dies and that's it. I subscribed to science and atheism.

It took time, but I began to realize this type of thinking was as much of a dead-end as the Christianity I'd left behind. It was blind faith in science, and it did not have the answers I was seeking regarding the burning fire I feel inside, the desire to create and express, or the immense energy felt when in a particularily beautiful setting in nature. I love hiking and being out in nature, and I credit that interest as the beginning of my awakening - how can the spirit be denied when it is all around, so plain to see? I find getting out to the mountains to always be the most humbling of experiences.

Hello and welcome! I chose to quote your text, because this hits very close to home for me. I believe that I had to go through my stage as an 'atheist', to purify and/or destroy some of the more negatively charged words and archetypes that I had developed through my adolescence in order for me to be able to objectively study and research the occult. God being the most negatively charged of them all.

I welcome you, and hope that you are never afraid to ask questions.

Much love.
Betänk: Lifvets korthet, dödens visshet, evighetens längd!