Introductions

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Smaragd

Re: Introductions

Post by Smaragd »

Welcome! It is nice to have fellow musicians here with somewhat similar type of approach to the art form.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Heith wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:59 am Hello and welcome on the forums! I've been noticing you're really active, but have been too preoccupied to partake on conversation. Will try and remedy that soon!

Nice that you're finding our forums friendly and easy to approach.
Thank you very much! And yes, hahahahaha, I feel like a kid in a candy store. I'm doing my best to just not tackle each thread one by one, but I suppose I really am just that eager. The effects of being solitary for so long, I suppose.
Smaragd wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:03 pm Welcome! It is nice to have fellow musicians here with somewhat similar type of approach to the art form.
Thank you! I'd love to hear some of your music sometime if all lines up to do so!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Silvaeon

Post by Silvaeon »

Welcome, welcome! Thanks for sharing a little - I look forward to having a chance to converse more, and I promise I'll reply to your e-mail soon :P
Akaboum

Post by Akaboum »

Hello and thanks for the add my name is Daniel,i was born and live in a french area in Canada so my english is not that great! I love cats,I love music,metal and classical the most i love the outdoors,hiking,ski,snowshoes. I'm born in 1984 air sign Gemini.I have an hunger for spiritual growth.I'm familiar with Catholicism,Gnosticism. I learned a lot and im still learning from Fosforos,Argarizim and this forum and I am at the beginning of my path.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Akaboum wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:32 pm Hello and thanks for the add my name is Daniel,i was born and live in a french area in Canada so my english is not that great! I love cats,I love music,metal and classical the most i love the outdoors,hiking,ski,snowshoes. I'm born in 1984 air sign Gemini.I have an hunger for spiritual growth.I'm familiar with Catholicism,Gnosticism. I learned a lot and im still learning from Fosforos,Argarizim and this forum and I am at the beginning of my path.
Hey, another Canadian! Welcome to the forums :) I speak a little French, but not very much, and definitely not very well. Looking forward to interacting with you!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Akaboum wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:32 pm Hello and thanks for the add my name is Daniel,i was born and live in a french area in Canada so my english is not that great! I love cats,I love music,metal and classical the most i love the outdoors,hiking,ski,snowshoes. I'm born in 1984 air sign Gemini.I have an hunger for spiritual growth.I'm familiar with Catholicism,Gnosticism. I learned a lot and im still learning from Fosforos,Argarizim and this forum and I am at the beginning of my path.
Welcome!

I have lately been looking for a French course I'd have time to commit to. I'm an avid reader of dual language editions French Poetry, and I have an interest in French Occultism. So I would really like to learn the language. Perhaps in five years or so I could have simple conersations in French...
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Heith

Post by Heith »

A warm welcome on our forums, glad to have you here! I'm always so pleased when new people join our forums and add their voices on the conversations. Lately we have more and more Canadians here, really nice!

I look forward to reading your thoughts and don't worry about your language. Most of us here (both writing and those who simply read) are native to countries that have a language other than English as our native tongue. Furthermore, if one is able to converse of complex spiritual ideas and thoughts in a "simple way" this is a really good thing, I think.
Akaboum

Post by Akaboum »

Heith wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:16 pm
A warm welcome on our forums, glad to have you here! I'm always so pleased when new people join our forums and add their voices on the conversations. Lately we have more and more Canadians here, really nice!

I look forward to reading your thoughts and don't worry about your language. Most of us here (both writing and those who simply read) are native to countries that have a language other than English as our native tongue. Furthermore, if one is able to converse of complex spiritual ideas and thoughts in a "simple way" this is a really good thing, I think.
Thanks for the warm welcome i really appreciate it!
Akaboum

Post by Akaboum »

obnoxion wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:36 am
Welcome!

I have lately been looking for a French course I'd have time to commit to. I'm an avid reader of dual language editions French Poetry, and I have an interest in French Occultism. So I would really like to learn the language. Perhaps in five years or so I could have simple conersations in French...
Thanks for the welcome and good luck with the french course.Can you tell me which french authors and works you are interested in? I am currently studying transcendental magic (dogme et rituel de la haute magie)by Éphilas Levi.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

As for French poetry, I'm most interested in the big names: François Villon, and the major symbolists like Charles Baudelaire, Paul Verlaine, Arthur Rimbaud and Stéphane Mallarmé. I've been trying to find translations of the poetry of Stanislas De Guaita, too. I'm not sure if he is such a great poet, but he was a famed figute of French Occultism, and I do enjoy pretty much all poetry, so it doesn't even have to be that great.

Eliphas Levi's "Transcendental Macig" is one of the earliest books on Occultism that I read that was good, and I like most of his other books, too. I consider Levi's illustrations to be suberb, and it is the combination of his text and illustrations that really put him in a league of his own. But I'am also interested in the Afro-Carribian Occultism and the French Occultism of the Southeastern U.S. There is actually a lot of interesting French Occultism in Africa, from Morocco to the Congos.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.