Introductions

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Nefastos

Re: Introductions

Post by Nefastos »

Greetings to our newer forum members! I am very grateful for your touching words, & am looking forward to the discussions yet to come.

I was just two months away from this forum to give a long demanded attention to some other things both in the brotherhood philosophy (like putting the translation of Argarizim into print with Ixaxaar) and elsewhere (my graduation from the University of Helsinki), so I apologize not welcoming you sooner. I most sincerely hope that this forum would slowly but surely manage to reach the same magic that has happened in our Finnish side, namely, emerging from its cocoon of appreciative & intelligent individuals into a lively forum of tolerant, thinking occultists of several different temperaments, esotericists with different emphases, and people inclined to talk about things in these and related areas.

Never be afraid to ask, or even comment whatever you will. Only mandatory thing here in the forum is the polite tone of the discussions, for the brotherhood seeks to unite rather than separate the different modes of thought. Only orthodoxy we deem as necessary is the one of sincerety & respect. Along these lines, there is no unneeded topic and no unwelcome ideas.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Otava

Post by Otava »

Man, born in '82, living in Kuopio, Finland. I've been a member of SOA for ~4 months.

A bit private person who likes to keep the distance. Even though I have noticed that few barriers has been burned down lately, which has been a good thing. I have a wife and two dogs.

Nature enthusiast, good friend to few, sometimes ready to die for nothing, sometimes living with a burning heart.

I don't have much of a respect towards man (men, mankind, human?) and I don't see a future for us. I think that is the main reason what pushed me towards occultism and satanism.

Serious young-looking man with a smile. Some sort of walking paradox in many ways I guess.

Greetings.
Heith

Post by Heith »

Nice to have you here on the English forum as well, Anthony.
Yinlong

Post by Yinlong »

Greetings to all! As a fairly recent joinee in the Star of Azazel, this English speaking forum, and having selected a fraternity name - I'd like to take an opportunity to introduce myself and open up a little my fraternity and forum name.

I'm 31 years old and from Helsinki, Finland. I'm economist by education and work within IT sector, currently in service, product and software development.

My interests and hobbies can be categorized as follows:
- Two-wheeled vehicles, meaning motorcycles and bicycles. I like to keep also some material wheels spinning :)
- Black metal, mythology, legends and stories. Often the older the better...
- I like to build and paint miniatures, mainly model railroads and figures ending up in different tactical games. Though, I'm also interested in radio controllable devices, and I follow to some degree robotics industry. My current toy is a sailing boat, which I hope to someday equip with solar panel sails and some chips to make it more automated and independent being.
- I do like sports that involve a board and are close to sort of meditative state of mind. Mostly it means a snowboard, but lately I've been trying to develop my skills in surfing. Yoga has had a positive influence in my life, but lately I haven't found time to practice it enough.
- Lately I've decided to dedicate more time to writing poems and photography, maybe even combining the two somehow.

What comes to my name, Yinlong, it's Chinese and a combination of the words (pinyin) 1. Yín which means silver or silvery and 2. Lóng meaning dragon.
- Silver is closely related to water, moon and quicksilver, which have a long time been close elements or forces to me. Also, in Chinese tradition (at least) silver is often connected to healing powers, so I thought it would bring positive things up in any kind of work.
- Dragon (or the winged snake) is a universal theme I've been studying quite a lot lately. It can be attached to many things and cultures, and you can think of dragons from multitude of different perspectives, which I thought would inspire me for a very long time. In addition, I thought it would be necessary to have a being in the name that I haven't used before, so it would work better with my aspirations. As you probably guessed, I'm fond of Asia, but I also like to look up different variations of dragons other (non-Asiatic) religions and cultures. Recently I visited pre-columbian museum in Central America to see the different depictions of Quetzalcoatl (or the feathered serpent) in statues, pottery and other art. It is quite interesting that the Finnish (possible) equivalent of a dragon, Lievo, has been suspected to be the ancient mother both of serpents and birds. Sometimes I wonder could there be a small connection to the feathered serpent - who knows ;) At least both (older) Finnish culture and American Indians come from Asia.
- Together Yín and Lóng form a combination, which is almost a kind of personal yin and yang. I hope that the certain balance in the name can also bring some inner peace and perhaps, help me bringing some opposite aspects and things together to be merged into a new meaningful entities.

In any case, I hope that you enjoy my writings as much as I have enjoyed reading the already present themes and conversations on this forum!
Quaerendo Invenietis - Na dìomhcuimhnich a-chaoidh - Feuer frei!
Heith

Post by Heith »

Welcome to the English forum, frater!
E.Velestie

Post by E.Velestie »

Greetings,

I've been on the Finnish forum and in SoA since February and I thought that a short introduction would be good thing also here.

I'm 28-years old man (Pisces) living in Southern Finland with my family.
I'm interested in many things , e.g. science, occultism, philosphy, mythologies, 80's b movies, music and stuff.
Musical taste is wide - but mostly aggrotech, darkwave, black metal & classical music.
I consider myself pantheist and I've had strong interests towards pan-european mythologies (norse, finnish & slavic mainly) since my youth.

-Fra E.Velestie
☩ Ho Ophis Ho Archaios ☩
Heith

Post by Heith »

Welcome to the English forum, frater E.Velestie. Very nice to have you here, I look forward to reading your posts.
Sebomai

Post by Sebomai »

Welcome to all new fraters and sorores. Your enthusiasm is encouraging!
Sasha45

Post by Sasha45 »

Good day,

I am a late-20s student of occultism from the American Deep South. I have been a visual artist for all my life and also dabble in music.

My 'religious' views are rather fluid and perennialist, but nevertheless strongly coloured by Catholic, Orthodox Christian, and Hellenic/Neoplatonist mysticism. But Satanism--in a broad sense as the study and love of the Devil in all His aspects fair and foul--has long been my innermost passion. Throughout my life I have polarized between strongly negative and positive feelings regarding God, Man, and Nature... and I feel that this unresolved tension is what keeps me driven, constantly evolving as I strive for more knowledge and experience.

I very much look forward to engaging with you all.
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

Welcome to the forum Sasha45! Looking forwards to conversing.. :)
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel