Introductions

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Krepusculum

Re: Introductions

Post by Krepusculum »

Greetings,

Thank you for accepting my request to join the forum.
I reside in North Western Europe. There has been an interest from my part in the SoA for some years now. I see many similarities in thought and approach regarding philosophy, science aswell as exoteric and esoteric streams to name a few. My interests are vast and have been researching and studying occultism and related topics for quite some years now. After many trials and seekings my foundation remains in the cultural spirit of the Western world yet are complemented by many Eastern streams as they are intrinsically connected.
I see archaic truths and models inherited from our past as crucial elements to understand our true place and possibilities in contemporary society and thus where it's light may guide us in future ages.

I am considering membership and have some questions and thought this would be the right place to do so.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Welcom to the forum, Crepusculum!
Crepusculum wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:51 pm I am considering membership and have some questions and thought this would be the right place to do so.
Looking forward to sharing thoughts with you. If you have clear questions for the members considering the SoA, there is a topic for those on the forum.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

A warm welcome from me too, Crepusculum.
Feel free to ask whatever is of interst for you.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
Heith

Post by Heith »

Welcome, Crepusculum!

There is definitely space for your questions on the forum. And with any luck, some members of SoA in areas near you.

As you might have noticed, we have shifted from central governing cell placed in Finland to a lodge-lead system. So we have lodges both international, and Finnish. There is a list of current lodges on the website, and of course, feel free to contact lodge personnel and/or speak to us via the forums. I am a member in the international lodge Phanes (I don't list who else is member, in case people want to keep it to themselves), so am happy to answer any questions too.
Krepusculum

Post by Krepusculum »

Thank you all for the kind welcome. Yes I see there is a special section for questions so it is probably best to post them there.
Heith wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:57 pm Welcome, Crepusculum!

There is definitely space for your questions on the forum. And with any luck, some members of SoA in areas near you.

As you might have noticed, we have shifted from central governing cell placed in Finland to a lodge-lead system. So we have lodges both international, and Finnish. There is a list of current lodges on the website, and of course, feel free to contact lodge personnel and/or speak to us via the forums. I am a member in the international lodge Phanes (I don't list who else is member, in case people want to keep it to themselves), so am happy to answer any questions too.
Indeed I have noticed a more international presence concerning the lodges. I'm for sure curious if there might be one in a nearby area. Still I would rather disclose my location in a private communication if that is allright.
Heith

Post by Heith »

Crepusculum wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:07 pm
Indeed I have noticed a more international presence concerning the lodges. I'm for sure curious if there might be one in a nearby area. Still I would rather disclose my location in a private communication if that is allright.
Of course, and it is wisest to be always a little cautious of what one posts online. While all fraternity members are reliable, this is still a open discussion forum that anyone anywhere can read.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Heith wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:58 pm Of course, and it is wisest to be always a little cautious of what one posts online. While all fraternity members are reliable, this is still a open discussion forum that anyone anywhere can read.
I forget this all of the time and often find myself rereading what I post to see if I've disclosed too much :shock:

Welcome, Crepusculum. It seems I rest somewhere similar to you where my studies have been mostly in the Western sphere, but have been finding many welcome complementary elements within the Eastern sphere as well. Please don't hesitate should you have any questions either in the forums or feel free to message directly for more of a private discussion

I'm a pretty new member, myself!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Umbra

Post by Umbra »

I'll do a short introduction here too.

I'm 28 year old Finnish woman. My spiritual background is in Evangelical Christianity. Because of ethical disagreements, I was eventually disillusioned with Christianity and became a materialist atheist for many years. Recently, I've longed for a spiritual side in my life and have been reading all sorts of wacky stuff from Carl Jung to astrology, and while my sceptical side has trouble believing it (I'm a natural scientist by profession), I'm very excited and relieved to have found some kind of meaning and deeper purpose that I thought I had lost when I refused to believe God condemns homosexual people to eternal suffering in a pit of fire.

I'm especially excited to learn about satanism, the way The Star Of Azazel views Lucifer/Satan is completely new and fascinating to me.
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Welcome, Umbra.
I can totally relate to the ethical conflicts about the church. I think a lot of SoA members + guests went through a similar process here.
There is a lot of information on our version of Satanism in this forum and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

I think it's time I'll also introduce myself here in the English side as well.

I'm a 38 years old male from South-East Finland. I've been studying the occult consciously from 2003. My main interests lie in world's religions and mythologies, the occult and esotericism in general, theosophy, traditional school of metaphysics etc. I've been influenced - but not limited to these - by authors such as Johannes Nefastos, Pekka Ervast, Madame Blavatsky, Friedrich Nietzsche, Julius Evola, René Guénon. I consider myself as a pagan luciferian and I try to combine methods of both the RHP and LHP in my occult search / life. I don't accept the Christian theological views of Lucifer and Satan but my views are closer to esotericism, theosophy and SoA. As my "three Masters" I like to call Odhinn, Väinämöinen and Jesus (my view of him being quite different from the commonly known), but every Master worthy of the name receives my honor and in an "odinist spirit" I search wisdom everywhere it is found.

In the last year or so I've grown closer to the ideology of SoA again and have considered applying for membership but have not done so yet; instead I've placed myself in a one-year probationary period during which I study and live according to the principles of the brotherhood, and maybe after that I'll apply for membership again.

I'm also a founding member of SoA and have been formerly known here as Nagahel/Lux.