Astrological birth charts

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
User avatar
Malja
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:35 pm

Re: Astrological birth charts

Postby Malja » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Cerastes wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:57 pm
My current job is all about numbers, divices, calculations and stone-cold business - not much about people.
I used to think I'd like to work with mentally disabled people, because I thought I wanted to love those who are harder to love, but I'm second guessing now.
I know it sounds ridicules, but I'm afraid I'll sympathise with the disabled people so strongly, that I'll copy their mental state and therefore my own cognitive skills will go down. Other reason why I'm second guessing is that I doubt whether my deepest motive really is loving those who are less fortunate. It might also be grudge for those who are fully abled and respected in the society.
Cerastes wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:57 pm
And because I can‘t change the world we live in, I decided to laugh at it‘s absurdity rather than to abhore it for it‘s wretchedness. Humor is a good way to have a positive impact on other people so they don't feel pushed away by my slightly distanced attitude.
Yes, humor is very important. Though you have to be careful with the self irony, so you don't end up being a parody of yourself.
Cerastes wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:57 pm
In my own interpretation Pisces does not need much stimulation to drift from mundanity to spirituality and it is able to sense connections without being a part of the said connections - A listener or a spectrator more than an actor. I'm not sure if this makes sense to anyone else though. There are many different fascets to it.
I'm not sure if a spectator or a listener really can be uninvolved. They say there are no bystanders in life, though I'd like to believe otherwise.
Cerastes wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:57 pm
Yes, you can.
For some reason, Finns seem to guess their own English skills much lower than they actually are.
Do you have a lot of mean English teachers up there?
Nah, we just have a low self-esteem as a
nation :oops:
User avatar
Cancer
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:45 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Astrological birth charts

Postby Cancer » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Cerastes wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:57 pm
Cancer wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:24 am
A more negative manifestation of Lunar influence in my life could be that I’m prone to addiction and very ”protective” of what I create, which sometimes blocks my ability to express myself. I’ve been in the process of quitting smoking for five years, for example, and am a painfully slow and insecure writer.
This does not sound negative to me, maybe because I‘m the opposite extreme. Your comments are always very thoughtful and empathic. It is obvious that you think about what you write a lot. The tendency for addication also marks the ability to manifest good habits, so even this can be turned around.
Aww thanks, that’s really nice to hear! Empathy and consideration of others are virtues I consciously strive toward in these discussions. Some of my worst memories are of times when I’ve disregarded others’ feelings due to a certainty of being intellectually right, or accidentally joked about something way too serious. (There’s some evidence of this on the Finnish side of the forum.) According to some astrology sites my rising sign is Sagittarus, which could explain both the occasional rashness and my fondness for travel.

Regarding Pisces, which many have mentioned, I’d like to say that exploring the intricacies of these watery signs further interests me greatly. Up ’til now I’ve tended to lump them all together under my own. This is probably due to my neglecting systematic study of occult-related things almost completely in the last few years, with secular subjects like history taking up all the intellectual energy left over from art.

Anyway, I feel strongly that Pisces has their origin in the same ocean I call home. My first love was a Pisces, and mermaids have often figured in my personal mythology.
Tiden läker inga sår.
User avatar
Cerastes
Soror
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 10:31 pm

Re: Astrological birth charts

Postby Cerastes » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Malja wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:42 pm
I'm not sure if a spectator or a listener really can be uninvolved. They say there are no bystanders in life, though I'd like to believe otherwise.
Well, if we put it in the context of Oneness, then everyone is involved in everything, since nothing stand outside of the whole. Still I think that Pisces is difficult to classify, because water signs are generally very adaptive and changable. So if you say that you fear sympathizing with mentally disabled people to a point where you copy their mental state it actually makes a lot of sense as water goes with the flow.
Polyhymnia wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:00 pm
Good to know they are all more or less that same. I went with the first one that came up on my google search and am kind of blown away by the results so far hahaha
HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?! This is very much describing me.
Do you feel that the google chart is accurate in every detail or are there some parts that you don't agree on?
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
User avatar
Polyhymnia
Soror
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Re: Astrological birth charts

Postby Polyhymnia » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:37 am

Cerastes wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Do you feel that the google chart is accurate in every detail or are there some parts that you don't agree on?
There's a few things here and there that aren't accurate, but I would say on the whole it's describing me quite well. What's more is a typed in my partner's info for his chart as well to see our compatibility and it described our relationship almost exactly.
It's certainly very interesting.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest