What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Angolmois

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Angolmois »

Polyhymnia wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:20 pmThe Ghost of Orion is proving to be so beautiful so far. Today will be a day I dedicate to my secret doctrine studies and My Dying Bride. Beautiful way to spend a Saturday.
Very good album! Not an instant classic but beautiful nevertheless.
Aperiemus

Post by Aperiemus »

Boreas wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:10 pm Turn Loose the Swans is an absolute masterpiece, as is The Angel and the Dark River.
Couldn't agree more on this one! I recently came back to MDB after a break of many years, and it strook me that even though on a cursory listen one might think that the band's atmosphere is only about melancholy, on a closer look those records are actually kinda weird in this frankenstein's monster kind of way. The way they write songs is truly unique.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

I've been watching some black and white live videos of Bo Diddley performing in the mid 60's. If I had to name a guitar hero, I think I'd chose Bo Diddly. And he is an amazing performer too. I see him as a sort of lightning flash between blues and rock 'n roll. And I think I hear his influences in one of my favourite bands, Hanoi Rocks.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I've recently started revisiting Paul Chain and the various projects of Paolo Catena. It's been awhile! I think most of his genius was previously lost on me. It's been such a wonderful musical adventure.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

The ideal temple thread got me listening my all time favourite band Samael and especially the Architect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jryfg74Pp8Q
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I truly am in awe of Samael. It's not often a band can keep my attention for their entire musical career. So much evolution.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Polyhymnia wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:56 am I truly am in awe of Samael. It's not often a band can keep my attention for their entire musical career. So much evolution.
Their first releases don't concern me at all and the latest one was a big disappointment, but because of Reign of Light, Eternal, Solar Soul and Lux Mundi they have my greatest respect.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Boreas wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:48 am Their first releases don't concern me at all
Those first releases are golden!
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

obnoxion wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:02 am
Boreas wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:48 am Their first releases don't concern me at all
Those first releases are golden!
They have never aroused any interest in me, and it's the kind of BM that doesn't "touch" me. The releases I mentioned belong to a wholly different plane if you ask me.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Madonna's Ray of Light music video. The song itself is okay, as are the lyrics, but in this case what made a huge impression on me was the video. I remember vividly how it was just the time when I emerged from my tomb of necrosophia when I first watched this (2005?). It depicts awfully well the so-called profane world as I experience it. Oversaturation of energy makes everything seem like this; at the same time pointless and on the other hand holy quicksilver movement, which – I think this must be the third hand – also is just a woman (Goddess) dancing in everything. This makes me happy.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"