What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Benemal

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Benemal »

I wasn't expecting Encenathrakh to do another record. Thought that was a one time project. Well, I guess "Thraakethraaeate Thraithraake" speeds up the end of civilization, whether you want that, or not. Completely insane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUoBptvbpZQ
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Sorry, still not done. Mick Barr's Encenathrakh reminded me of an old Mick Barr fave, Orthrelm, from 2005. So this challenging listen needs to be shared also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2EGKt8yONI

If you actually listen to the whole record, you'll experience catharsis.

edit typo.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Benemal wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:50 pm Sorry, still not done. Mick Barr's Encenathrakh reminded me of an old Mick Barr fave, Orthrelm, from 2005. So this challenging listen needs to be shared also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2EGKt8yONI

If you actually listen to the whole record, you'll experience catharsis.
I used to do this kind of "challenging music as a sport" thing. I mean I've understood ultra marathon runners also experience similar catharsis. There's place for that for sure in breaking free from some unnecessary conceptions of the mind. But I guess everything has its time so I'll pass the challenge now.

The Encenathrakh sounded like something I'll shut immediately off because of too technical approach, but actually the track was mixed so well that it sounded like a real robot dripping hydraylic oils all over the place, so it seems definitely at the top of its style against the technical metal that only sounds like musician playing technical stuff with their instruments rather than evoking fantastic images.

I've been listening to one off songs from Johnny Cash, Nancy Sinatra, the True Detective theme from Handsome Family, some Elvis and that sort of stuff. I'm not sure if there is a genre for it, maybe americana or some specific type of country? Feels like I'm getting old with my tastes, but it's definitely that sort of appreciating the simple and nuanced tones kind of old, which I'll gladly embrace.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

This is so lucid, hidious and delicious. Fantasy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq09UkPRdFY
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

Smaragd wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:53 pm
I've been listening to one off songs from Johnny Cash, Nancy Sinatra, the True Detective theme from Handsome Family, some Elvis and that sort of stuff. I'm not sure if there is a genre for it, maybe americana or some specific type of country? Feels like I'm getting old with my tastes, but it's definitely that sort of appreciating the simple and nuanced tones kind of old, which I'll gladly embrace.
Tastes gets better as we get older I guess. :roll:
Johnny Cash songs are simple but they don't ask for more and his voice and its timbre is something I admire too.
Never been to Louisiana, New Orleans etc but shows like True Detective and others makes me want to see bayou at least for some time. Also Delta blues is something I like a lot, it has rich but painful history and context too.
Genres are a bit difficult to categorize. During 50's you'd have rock n' roll and rockabilly (so maybe rock n' roll had more blues and rockabilly leaned for country?) then some people speak about roots music and americana and it's too difficult to say what is what. Some are rather similar but emerged in different regions around the same time.
Astraya

Post by Astraya »

Today, Bach, Matteus Passio and Hector, both are lovely springtime-music to me :)
“There can be no transforming of darkness into light and of apathy into movement without emotion”
― Carl Gustav Jung
Badb

Post by Badb »

Today I share horror rap. Is it just me or do you else hear that the singer says "Tähti Azazelin"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5AKpfyg74
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Badb wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:35 pmToday I share horror rap. Is it just me or do you else hear that the singer says "Tähti Azazelin"?

Well yeah, that's how it seems to go: "I'm in my negative self, the star of Azazel." To me, all rap is horror rap, but I have to – if not take off my hat – then at least lift it in a respectful fashion for a rap song that uses "Magnum innominandum" as its chorus. Here's another recent song that has been inspired by the Star of Azazel, or more precisely, The Catechism of Lucifer. Everyone knows Azazelin Tähti by Baptism, right?
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

In case one wishes to hear SoA inspired black metal, IC REX's Punaisen Tulen Vihityt is a song I made in 2009 while still in the brotherhood. The name refers to the red aspect / martian impulse found for example in Ervast's Tähtikoulut, and one can find Tuesday's star hymn lines used in the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl7grNk5JKk

Gotta check that rap song although I don't have much expectations for it since I really dislike rap music. Ennustus was a decent occult rock song although not to my taste in general.
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

Angolmois wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:26 pm In case one wishes to hear SoA inspired black metal, IC REX's Punaisen Tulen Vihityt is a song I made in 2009 while still in the brotherhood. The name refers to the red aspect / martian impulse found for example in Ervast's Tähtikoulut, and one can find Tuesday's star hymn lines used in the lyrics.
I have known IC REX as a band and name since high school, which was around the year this album was published.
For an average bm listener or maybe musician even who is enthusiastic about the music and knows ins and outs and even real names behind pseudonyms maybe it's not that big surprise, but I didn't consider myself "that much" into the scene even though I listened greatly some of the bands and went for some gigs too...
.. So I was surprised one day after I got to know about SoA and I went through various bands' lyrics and noticed some corresponding ideas with some of them but then I read some kind of interview about IC Rex and I think I smiled thinking that if interviewer and the reading audience have any idea what interviewee is talking about, but at least I do because of SoA and Ervast's writings. The common vocabulary was one of the aspects that made me instantly notice this and made it easier to follow through.