What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Demergon

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Demergon »

Heith wrote:Fields of the Nephilim, Type O Negative, Hate Forest, Siouxsie and the Banshees.

I've been listening to a shit-ton of Type O lately as well! It's the best soundtrack for autumn. Also I've been regressing to my early 20's and listening to some swedish classics like Darkane, old The Haunted and At the gates.
Betänk: Lifvets korthet, dödens visshet, evighetens längd!
Heith

Post by Heith »

Demergon wrote: I've been listening to a shit-ton of Type O lately as well! It's the best soundtrack for autumn. Also I've been regressing to my early 20's and listening to some swedish classics like Darkane, old The Haunted and At the gates.
Aye, it's autumn music for me as well. Then as winter comes I usually swap to black metal as it fits the nature's mood best.
Silvaeon

Post by Silvaeon »

Lot's of Fields of the Nephilim over here too actually. The Nephilim and Elizium are great Autumn records.

Besides that, lots of Rome (the new one Hyperion Machine is quite nice), some ambient for meditiations (Stars of the Lid, Aloof Proof) and modern classical (Yo-Yo Ma's Silk Road Journeys for a nice variety of oriental sounds, and Arvo Pärt for his exquisite beauty).

Quite enjoying the latest Baptism album too, and I am in love with the cover art.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Once again Troum. I can't get rid of troum. Don't want to anyway, but sometimes I got to quit for a while to go through withdrawal and try to forget them. So once again it's Tjukurrpa trilogy, and also Darve Sh/Ajin, Ljubimaya/Daur and Autopoiesis/Nahtscato. Otherwise it's mostly modern techno in different styles : deep, dark, psychedelic and industrial.
Heith

Post by Heith »

ShieldAnvil wrote:, and Arvo Pärt for his exquisite beauty).
Yes! Actually a great suggestion, on this gloomy and great Autumn day. On days like this, Thomas Tallis and Arvo Pärt always make me feel clearer, if that makes any sense at all.

Lately I've been listening to the soundtrack from the film "Only Lovers Left Alive".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofsfl32-zNg

I can recommend the film too, but I think you need to be a old school vampire film fan to get the most of it.
ben Shachar

Post by ben Shachar »

Kapitan Korsakov :mrgreen:
Jiva

Post by Jiva »

Bölzer. I am fully aboard the hype train for this band, but I think their lyrics are underrated (or, at least, I don’t seem to notice people talking about them). As an example, Roman Acupuncture:

Longinus artisan extraordinaire
Lend thy stalwart nails the hobbyist
Give weight to the hands of the pacifist

Neuroses corroding the psyche
Sterile slave-morals lay waste the fertile minds

Longinus marksman extraordinaire
Thrust life into the lungs of the defeatist
Remedy the guts of the gutless

Quarantine septic penitent
Ethical-narcotics sedate the gravely ill

Man-healing Roman
Puncture acute acupuncture

Longinus physician extraordinaire
Abate the swollen cyst the sheepherder
Pitiful art thou in his murder

One could see Longinus and Christ as representatives of Right and Left hand paths respectively. However one could see Christ as crippled by slave morality while Longinus is ultimately crippled by master morality. This might seem a bit strange, but personally I’ve come to see Nietzsche as attempting to rise above the conflicting dualities of master/slave, Apollonian/Dionysian etc. even though he probably didn’t succeed.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
Heith

Post by Heith »

Paradise Lost.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

I have listened a great deal of black metal this autumn. Actually, it would be interest to hear the other brethren (and our guests') thoughts about that music genre.

It seems to be a common misunderstanding that even the Star of Azazel was born from black metal circles, even though the SoA philosophy was formulated first and then I started to work in the black metal scene, because it gave a rare possibility to work with people already interested in Satanic concepts.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Sothoth

Post by Sothoth »

Because of the everdarkening fall, starting winter and the first drops of snow I have listened to a lot of otherwordly (though with one foot in this world) Dark ambient. Raison d'être being one of my favourites.